University of Colorado Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I have questions for any current students.

What is one things that makes the program at the University of Colorado stand out?

Was there anything that surprised you - positively or negatively - about the school and/or program once you arrived and got into things?

If you could change one thing, what would it be and why?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you that already interviewed, were you guys on camera for the orientation session?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone!
I just got the Interview Exit Survey and there is a section for us to list any additional thoughts, I was wondering if it would be to forward to write like a mini letter of intent? CU is my #1 school after all.

There is a section asking OOS students if they would commit given an acceptance, but I am in state and kind of want to convey that commitment but don't want to seem over eager...

...Maybe I am overthinking a little bit, but would appreciate some advice!

@dentistobe
For some reason I can see your reply in my email notification but I can't see it in the thread so I figured I'd just reply here:

I don’t see any harm in briefly explaining your interest in the school!

As a follow up, I never received an interview exit survey after I interviewed so now I’m wondering if I should have received that?

So there is already a section asking about why you like the program so I got that much covered woo! I kind of want to say something direct like "CU is my number 1 school and I would be honored to be apart of the 2025 class" or something like that (better phrased of course). I just don't want to seem to forward... but then again its not like im trying to ask this school on a date sooooo maybe I should be forward LOL

Also I interviewed back in September and its taken them this long to email it out (I just received it today). I also received an email from them with updated campus tour videos... So maybe its just taking a little time to go through the list? :shrug:
Idk Has anyone else who has interviewed received any emails? I'll ask around to any others I know who've interviewed and report back :)

@dentistobe
For some reason I can see your reply in my email notification but I can't see it in the thread so I figured I'd just reply here:

So there is already a section asking about why you like the program so I got that much covered woo! I kind of want to say something direct like "CU is my number 1 school and I would be honored to be apart of the 2025 class" or something like that (better phrased of course). I just don't want to seem to forward... but then again its not like im trying to ask this school on a date sooooo maybe I should be forward LOL

Also I interviewed back in September and its taken them this long to email it out (I just received it today). I also received an email from them with updated campus tour videos... So maybe its just taking a little time to go through the list? :shrug:
Idk Has anyone else who has interviewed received any emails? I'll ask around to any others I know who've interviewed and report back :)
I interviewed on the first interview day available in September and I just received the email. I think they just sent it out to everyone

Reactions: 1 user
Received an application denied email, this was my reach school for sure. Stats below. GL Everyone

20AA / 21 TS / 20 PAT 3.4ish GPA OOS.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Received an application denied email, this was my reach school for sure. Stats below. GL Everyone

Your stats is solid. It's their loss. I am sure you will hear back from other schools soon.
Hey also would you mind sharing with us when you completed your app? I just want to know where they are in their application process. Ty in advance :).

Reactions: 3 users
Your stats is solid. It's their loss. I am sure you will hear back from other schools soon.
Hey also would you mind sharing with us when you completed your app? I just want to know where they are in their application process. Ty in advance :).

Hey! So if you're wondering where they are in their app cycle, they've done about three rounds of interviews from what I can tell. (I have a feeling they're finished with their pre-dec interviews but this is just pure guesswork based on what I have observed)

It seems like they've done it in waves, one in September (which was when I interviewed, app complete 6/18) and then they sent out another round of invitations in October and November. This is just what I have been observing from monitoring this thread and conversations with folks as they get interviews. So I guess you could say it seems like they're reviewing apps in order?

It also seems like rejections are beginning to trickle in these past couple weeks which is relatively new? I mean I didn't hear about rejections in September anyway.

So these are just my observations, please everyone chime in/correct me if you have any additional info!
Best of luck to everyone as always! :happy:

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you. I’m blessed to already have other interviews so far.

I applied the very first day the cycle opened.

So I interviewed September 23rd and I still haven't received an email to complete the exit survey. Should I be worried?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I interviewed September 23rd and I still haven't received an email to complete the exit survey. Should I be worried?

I interviewed Sep 26th and got one. I know someone who emailed them about it and then they sent it right afterward. Maybe give that a try!

Hey! It should have been an automatic email that was sent to all interviewees, have you checked your junk folder? I've found a couple communiques from various schools lurking there lol.
That and sound advice from Ms.Molar when in doubt you could probably email them :)

@ColoradoASDA on instagram is having a few current students take over their stories to show what life is like at CU, in case anyone was looking for more insight!

Reactions: 2 users
Just received the residency email and interviewed in mid September!

Just received the residency email as well and I interviewed a few weeks ago

Awesome!
lol I saw ya'll post and furiously refreshed my email until mine came in. Its all submitted now, hopefully they'll get back to us soon!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Huh, So I got a response very quickly.
Only I was placed "Under Review" for need of additional information...

I filled out all of it?
I've been a resident since I was born 24 years ago?
uhhhh... ok i guess? Under review it is! :rofl: lol

Last edited:
I'm OOS and got mine today as well!

Keeping my fingers crossed I get a call from them of Dec 15th! :)

can I ask you when your application was submitted?
I have very similar stats as you and I'm such trying to see when I might expect a decision from the school :)

On the subject of emails, have other people who have interviewed got that email from the dean about the acceptance process?

Morning everyone! Does anyone know roughly what time they'll start calling? I figured it would be around 8/8:30am MST, but I'm not sure.
Oh and good luck to everyone today! May we all have news to celebrate!

CU has started calling!!! Someone on the dental bootcamp fb page posted something!

Good luck everyone!

Just got the call! Accepted OOS!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call! Accepted OOS!
Yay! Congrats zdoq! :soexcited:
Hey also what time zone are you in? Just trying to gauge if CU is calling from east to west cost like other schools :)

Guysss I'm so anxious!! Yes what time zone y'all?!

Guysss I'm so anxious!! Yes what time zone y'all?!
I'm mountain time! So on the facebook group it looks like people who have posted are MST for now. But Idk if they are out of state or not!

Yay! Congrats zdoq! :soexcited:
Hey also what time zone are you in? Just trying to gauge if CU is calling from east to west cost like other schools :)
EST

I'm OOS and got my call around 11:30 central :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users