This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doglova

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Where did you apply previously ? Any interviews or waitlist ?
Thanks for the reply. I applied to the following schools pasted below. I was interviewed pretty late and waitlisted at uva but no love from the other schools.

School List: VCU, UVA, Vtech, Gtown, George Washington, Eastern VA, Umaryland, Tufts, carle illinois, cincinati, Rosalind, Stritch, Albany, Rochester, Einstein, Rush, Wayne, Boston u, Creighton, Rutgers, Drexel

At the time, I had a job which looked great on my resume, but there was lots of drama and the position wasn’t suited to my skills. My supervisor at the previous job, who was the only person giving me guidance, told me that since I had a weak application, everyone thought I was bad at research, and my gpa is quite low compared to my mcat, it would be best to apply to a short list state schools + others which are clinically focused.

I’m now in another research job. I have more guidance at my current job and they seem more supportive of my premed dreams. My new supervisor told me that my issue was that I applied late around October. I was told that it’s worth trying again w/ more research oriented schools in the list, and the fact that I submitted my primary in June might help for this cycle

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Virginia
Virginia Tech
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
Duke
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
Boston University
Harvard
Yale
Dartmouth
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Vanderbilt
Emory
Miami
USF Morsani
Washington University (in St. Louis- almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Northwestern
U Chicago
Western Michigan
U Michigan
Kaiser
USC Keck
Mayo (both schools)

Reactions: 1 users
Just curious, did you receive any Interview invites during your first application cycle??

Reactions: 1 user
Was your app late? I’m just curious because you have incredible stats and incredible ECs so to have no acceptances something must have been off whether it was a super late primary, or bad essays or poor interview skills. I’m sure you will have much more success this cycle:)!

Was your app late? I’m just curious because you have incredible stats and incredible ECs so to have no acceptances something must have been off whether it was a super late primary, or bad essays or poor interview skills. I’m sure you will have much more success this cycle:)!
thanks for the reply. I ended up applying in octoberish so yeah...

Oh damn yeah I think that would do it lol

Reactions: 1 users
Based on your postings, you applied in 2019 but still applied in October the second time around? It might just be me refusing to believe someone with this app gets rejected, but it sounds fishy to me.

Your late application sunk you most likely. Unless there's something that you're not telling us like an IA for cheating, a DUI or recent misdemeanor conviction, or a terrible letter of recommendation, you're a rock star and should get several interview invites.