This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fbcuvn

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should receive several interviews from your Texas schools. Many OOS MD schools assume from years of experience that Texas applicants will attend a Texas school so they tend not to interview them. You could try Tulane and some of the newer schools such as:
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
Quinnipiac
Hackensack

Reactions: 1 user
Wow really? How can I avoid this and specify that I prefer OOS?
First, why do you want to go OOS, in case I missed this? Where do you want to go? Have you connected with students or admissions staff at those schools?

I'll also urge to you go to the Physician Scientists forum and ask a WAMC there. Stats-wise, you're in the ballpark for some MSTP interest. That may be the way for you to get OOS.

There is honestly no amazing reason. I have lived in TX all my life and only attended college here because of the attractive scholarship they offered me. I have strong family and friend ties to NY, but also just interested to live elsewhere. However, if the "best" schools I can get into are in TX (ie UTSW or Baylor.. don't know how likely I am to get in to those), I will stay.
Thank you for the input on MSTP. I will repost on there as well. I didn't think to apply because I thought I wouldn't have a chance lol.
They will be the least demanding when it comes to your cost of attendance and thus your loan burden, which is not a trivial concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.