You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
15 mins or less guaranteed or $5 gift card
Started by BelowTheMean
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted205891
So got a message from my friend saying Rite Aid has a guarantee of 15 minutes or less or you get a $5 gift card. Any rite aid rphs can verify this? Also, does this exclude insurance problems?
Not RPh, but...
Yes this is true. This is for waiters ONLY. The second a patient chooses to step out of the store, the $5 does not apply. Also it does not apply if you are filling more than 3 medications for that patient, or if there is an insurance problem.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh god...what's next? This is just so ridiculous. I don't think people would transfer over to rite aid for a chance of $5 gift card. This is not a good marketing strategy. Just like those pizza places. I don't order a pizza from some place just cause it has the 30-minute-delivery-or-it's-free cause I know they're gonna do it in 30 min or less.
I've had customers that come in and want a $25-gift card even though their med was paid for by Medicaid. When I refused to do it, they'd start screaming. The customers that want the $5 gift card are the ones you don't want as customers.
I've had customers that come in and want a $25-gift card even though their med was paid for by Medicaid. When I refused to do it, they'd start screaming. The customers that want the $5 gift card are the ones you don't want as customers.
I am soooo happy this is illegal where I practice.
D
deleted205891
It has started Friday.
They got us giant pins that we have to wear that say "ask us about our 15-minute guaranteed wait program" or something like that. I told the pharmacist that day that I refuse to wear it, might as well wear a pin that says "ask me about the degradation of our profession" and if the PDM tells me to wear it, I will. She left that alone. Hopefully the pharmacy manager won't make me wear it.
There was one patient that I had to do in 15 minutes. There was a line. I just ran away from the line and started typing, with there being no one else to take care of the line. They just stood there watching me while I was typing. I felt kinda bad for the line, but we don't need to give them 5 bucks, at least if they're not waiters. I think more of this will be happening.
BTW, more details: if scriptpro is down, give them 5 bucks. If transfer, and the delay is the other pharmacy's fault, give them 5 bucks.
If I don't match with a residency and have to work for this company as a pharmacist, I will go insane.
They got us giant pins that we have to wear that say "ask us about our 15-minute guaranteed wait program" or something like that. I told the pharmacist that day that I refuse to wear it, might as well wear a pin that says "ask me about the degradation of our profession" and if the PDM tells me to wear it, I will. She left that alone. Hopefully the pharmacy manager won't make me wear it.
There was one patient that I had to do in 15 minutes. There was a line. I just ran away from the line and started typing, with there being no one else to take care of the line. They just stood there watching me while I was typing. I felt kinda bad for the line, but we don't need to give them 5 bucks, at least if they're not waiters. I think more of this will be happening.
BTW, more details: if scriptpro is down, give them 5 bucks. If transfer, and the delay is the other pharmacy's fault, give them 5 bucks.
If I don't match with a residency and have to work for this company as a pharmacist, I will go insane.
Yeah, it is true but there are alot of exceptions......that when you have tell customers make them real happy!! 🙄
I used to work at RA and I refused to be rushed. I operated at my normal pace and took the work in the order it came. And if there was a question about the 15min window, I just gave them the $5.
I mean RA likes to give money away so I just helped them. I also LOVE their transfer your Rx to RA and we will give you a $25 gift card. We had this lady that did it over and over and when I refused to transfer her Rx, my PDM got all in my business and did it herself.
I still cant believe they are still in business.....😱
I used to work at RA and I refused to be rushed. I operated at my normal pace and took the work in the order it came. And if there was a question about the 15min window, I just gave them the $5.
I mean RA likes to give money away so I just helped them. I also LOVE their transfer your Rx to RA and we will give you a $25 gift card. We had this lady that did it over and over and when I refused to transfer her Rx, my PDM got all in my business and did it herself.
I still cant believe they are still in business.....😱
I still cant believe they are still in business.....😱
They won't be for long. Desparate companies do desparate and pathetic things when the ship is sinking.
They won't be for long. Desparate companies do desparate and pathetic things when the ship is sinking.
yeah, I have been hearing of their demise for yrs....😕
As much as I don't like what they're doing, I don't want RA to go out of business. That would only make CVS stronger.
depends on who buys them out......or if they completely go under which is not likely.....
I don't get how this is a value-added service. Does the patient waive the right to sue for errors if they accept the 15-minute guarantee? Otherwise, I don't see how they expect to make money from this.
I don't get how this is a value-added service. Does the patient waive the right to sue for errors if they accept the 15-minute guarantee? Otherwise, I don't see how they expect to make money from this.
It is a gimmic. It is meant to get people talking about Rite Aid. Worked on here.....
I don't get how this is a value-added service. Does the patient waive the right to sue for errors if they accept the 15-minute guarantee? Otherwise, I don't see how they expect to make money from this.
They will do anything to get more customers in the store......
we were even told to park spread out through the parking lot to make the place look more crowded....when in fact it was mostly employees' cars in the parking lot...

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No it's true!!! My friend showed me the email that she got from her DM. This is probably the one exception in which Im happy I work for CVS (the ONLY ONE exception!!!).
My friend is fuming mad and so is every other Rite Aid pharmacist out there. This plan is set to go in motion in late March (or at least that what my friend tells me in her district).
My friend is fuming mad and so is every other Rite Aid pharmacist out there. This plan is set to go in motion in late March (or at least that what my friend tells me in her district).
This has been going on for a while in SC, NC, and I'm pretty sure GA has been doing it to. It does piss me off because it is totally unprofessional. This isn't ****ing McDonalds or Burger King this is health care. I've worked for Rite Aid for about 4 years now and I wish they would have never bought out Eckerd. At my store we tell them whatever wait time we feel is reasonable. If 10 people just dropped off and are waiting we tell them it will be ready in 30 minutes or more. If someone says something about the 15 minute guarantee I just give them the $5 gift card. I'm not risking patient safety or my license because of this program. Plus it isn't coming out of my back pocket so who cares? If someone comes through the drive through wanting it in 15 minutes we tell them to come inside and wait, otherwise it will be ready in 1 hour. Not to mention the price matching. We have had people bitch because we bill their insurance and the copay was $5, and they say no, price match it for $4. I'm dead serious. I think Wal-Mart bills someone's insurance first then applies some sort of coupon to the copay to get it down to $4. When Rite Aid price matches we get no reimbursement from the customers insurance company. I've price matched medication that would normally cost over $100 cash down to $4. It makes me sick how much money this company is losing. I don't really care about the company because I know they don't care about me. I just care about having a job.
This isn't ****ing McDonalds or Burger King this is health care.
Couldn't agree more! I found myself so many times easily comparing how the retail pharmacy has become soo similar to fast food restaurants.
Pt: "Hi yes can I get an order of vicodin, soma and ummm xanax please. Thank you"
We're not doing this at Walgreen's....yet...but I'm sure it's in the works 👎
I loathe retail competition.
I saw the 15 minute guarantee poster on the window of a local rite aid today.
I saw the 15 minute guarantee poster on the window of a local rite aid today.
I work at CVS and giving people 5 dollar gift cards would not make a difference because everyone wants to wait anyway. Typical customer encounter is a customer stepping up in line, handing me over a stack of prescriptions, and informing me, "I am waiting for these." They are not asking me if they can wait, they are not asking what the wait time is, they are telling me that they are waiting for it. If I don't provide that waiter then they will call corporate and write a letter about how rude I was or how poor of a worker I am because I can't handle waiters. You have to know who you work for. If you work at Mcdonalds or Burger King you are expected to pump out the product quickly. Walgreens and CVS are nothing more than Mcdonalds or Burger King. Patients want their drugs right away and if you can't provide it for them, in their opinion, you are not doing your job.
That is what I hate about retail.....it is like fastfood. 👎
That is what I hate about retail.....it is like fastfood. 👎
It is like a bajillion times worse than fast food.
It is like a bajillion times worse than fast food.
Agreed x 1000. At least in fast food, it is easier and safer to follow the mantra, "The customer's always right." Trying to make patients "happy" when their lives could be at stake pretty much sucks.
Couldn't agree more! I found myself so many times easily comparing how the retail pharmacy has become soo similar to fast food restaurants.
Several years ago, a lady I know who at the time was an assistant manager at Steak & Shake said to me, "How do you know so much about fast food? I thought you were a pharmacist." I replied, "I am, but I haven't always been, and the jobs are not as different as you might think."
Sad but true.
..........as I sit here waiting for a phone interview; they were supposed to call me almost an hour ago. 😕
D
deleted205891
Several years ago, a lady I know who at the time was an assistant manager at Steak & Shake said to me, "How do you know so much about fast food? I thought you were a pharmacist." I replied, "I am, but I haven't always been, and the jobs are not as different as you might think."
Sad but true.
..........as I sit here waiting for a phone interview; they were supposed to call me almost an hour ago. 😕
I say if they don't call you for half an hour, you call them.
Have to be proactive.
This thread makes me miss retail soooooo much...
This thread makes me miss retail soooooo much...
Hospital was even worse. When I was up there running a code in the ICU, they'd expect their syringes of bicarb in 15 seconds or less. The bastages!
I've gone to some codes with the RPh and I guess I wouldn't care about having to do things that quickly. The RPh allowed me to semi participate. The docs just yell numbers and drugs out. It's stressful in a good way. I thought to myself, "I could do this." Retail is a different story though. Customers used to yell at me and some of them were gang bangers. That stress is not good... I don't think I could do it. Maybe I am not an "emerging leader" but having a stack of scripts thrown at me and a patient say "I need you to hurry this **** up" is not something I am up for .. Maybe its better at other locations.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So got a message from my friend saying Rite Aid has a guarantee of 15 minutes or less or you get a $5 gift card. Any rite aid rphs can verify this? Also, does this exclude insurance problems?
Walgreens has been doing this for awhile now since 2010 at my store (generally at a "slower" store). They have 15 min guarantee sign on the pharmacy counter and everywhere in the store aisles. One time this woman comes in w/ 6 rx's telling us that she is gonna wait, then the Tech told her that it will be 30 min. She goes, "the sign says 15 min. wait time" We had no choice but to honor it. 😡 So, from then on, I told the Tech to type every single prescription given to them by the patient before telling them the wait time.
I agree the gimimck will work for a minute and only if those stores are Staffed well. I remember the hassle we had at my store(CVS) when CVS was price matching Wal-Mart when their $4 program hit. It became a hassle because as mentioned earlier people with $5 and $10 co-pays were asking for it for $4. We then told them that the $4 program would be matched for people who didn't have insurance(I thought that was the original idea of Wal-Mart but I could be wrong).
Another problem we had was a lot of doctors in the area were telling customer take it to the Pharmacy and it won't cost you more than $4. We started matching prices but we began to notice a lot of customers were returning due to long wait times at Wal-Mart and/or them not having th drug in stock.
So what we did in our area is tell them two options: either get the medication at Wal-Mart for $4 and wait hours for it- or pay your co-pay here and be out of here in 10 to 15 minutes- honestly most choose the latter. I can't even think of the last time someone asked if we would match the $4 program- so the $4 program doesn't even affect our business anymore.
Gimmicks like this hurt the profession and kills Independent- Publix has free antibiotics on some common meds: http://www.publix.com/freeantibiotics/
I think every Pharmacy chain including mine(CVS) has done gimmicks that are bad for the profession- I hate transfer or new prescription coupons and this gimmick by Rite Aid are a joke to the profession. I don't care how you look at we are Health Care providers- Do you think an established Doctors office is going to have a gimmick saying :" You will be seen and diagnosed in 15 minutes are left or a gift card on us?"
What about an ER room saying if you are waiting to be seen by an MD we have a promise of being seen with in 15 minutes? Why do we have to deal with this type of mockery all just to make a buck?
Another problem we had was a lot of doctors in the area were telling customer take it to the Pharmacy and it won't cost you more than $4. We started matching prices but we began to notice a lot of customers were returning due to long wait times at Wal-Mart and/or them not having th drug in stock.
So what we did in our area is tell them two options: either get the medication at Wal-Mart for $4 and wait hours for it- or pay your co-pay here and be out of here in 10 to 15 minutes- honestly most choose the latter. I can't even think of the last time someone asked if we would match the $4 program- so the $4 program doesn't even affect our business anymore.
Gimmicks like this hurt the profession and kills Independent- Publix has free antibiotics on some common meds: http://www.publix.com/freeantibiotics/
I think every Pharmacy chain including mine(CVS) has done gimmicks that are bad for the profession- I hate transfer or new prescription coupons and this gimmick by Rite Aid are a joke to the profession. I don't care how you look at we are Health Care providers- Do you think an established Doctors office is going to have a gimmick saying :" You will be seen and diagnosed in 15 minutes are left or a gift card on us?"
What about an ER room saying if you are waiting to be seen by an MD we have a promise of being seen with in 15 minutes? Why do we have to deal with this type of mockery all just to make a buck?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 3K