Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

18 Dat

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by LloydBanks, Dec 7, 2005.

1. LloydBanks

LloydBanks Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I was thinking of taking the full 2 weeks of christmas break and studying about 8-10 hours a day and taking the DAT the saturday before school starts in January. Do you think this is sufficient time to get me an 18 AA? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    It really depends on what kind of a background you already have in all the subjects on the DAT. It's possible if you already know a portion of it and are persistant. One of my friends did it though, and managed 20's and higher, but my friend has a 4.0 in undergrad. But 8-10 hours a day is just begging for burnout. Are you trying to take it in time for this application cycle?

4. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I studied around two weeks to prepare to take my DAT. I scored an 18AA/19TS/17PAT. It was good enough to get me in. :p

5. r0entgen

r0entgen Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i took mine after studying for 1.5 weeks...so i definitely think it's possible. but then again, i don't know how much you know, or how great of a memory you have...so who knows? it's not impossible...it depends on the test taker.

6. Rezdawg

Rezdawg 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Mostly depends on your background.

I studied about 3 weeks for the test. My bio was weak, so I spent the majority of my time on that section...learning about plants, jellyfish, ecology, etc... crap that I hadnt had since high school. However, other sections like math, reading comp, and orgo, I was able to get by with spending about 5 hours total on those sections. So, if your strengths can knock off a couple of the sections, then its very possible to get an 18 with 2 weeks of studying.