1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

18 Dat

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by LloydBanks, Dec 7, 2005.

1. LloydBanks

LloydBanks Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I was thinking of taking the full 2 weeks of christmas break and studying about 8-10 hours a day and taking the DAT the saturday before school starts in January. Do you think this is sufficient time to get me an 18 AA? Thanks.

2. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    It really depends on what kind of a background you already have in all the subjects on the DAT. It's possible if you already know a portion of it and are persistant. One of my friends did it though, and managed 20's and higher, but my friend has a 4.0 in undergrad. But 8-10 hours a day is just begging for burnout. Are you trying to take it in time for this application cycle?

3. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I studied around two weeks to prepare to take my DAT. I scored an 18AA/19TS/17PAT. It was good enough to get me in. :p

4. r0entgen

r0entgen Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i took mine after studying for 1.5 weeks...so i definitely think it's possible. but then again, i don't know how much you know, or how great of a memory you have...so who knows? it's not impossible...it depends on the test taker.

5. Rezdawg

Rezdawg 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Mostly depends on your background.

I studied about 3 weeks for the test. My bio was weak, so I spent the majority of my time on that section...learning about plants, jellyfish, ecology, etc... crap that I hadnt had since high school. However, other sections like math, reading comp, and orgo, I was able to get by with spending about 5 hours total on those sections. So, if your strengths can knock off a couple of the sections, then its very possible to get an 18 with 2 weeks of studying.