180 on NBME and worried?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PELE#10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just wanted to get some advice. I scored a 180 on my NBME two weeks ago and I have seven weeks left to study. Since then I have done about 25 % of qbank and have read the kaplan physio book and I am doing the Goljan audio with his book that he gives his kaplan student for path (the book is a identical to his rapid review). I am also listening to the Kaplan audio and reading the book for the behavioral section.

I took the NBME to see if I could just pass the thing to see where I was at as far as my basic knowledge.

My plan for the next 7 weeks is to finish qbank in 4 weeks and read First aid and step up as I am doing questions on Qbank per system. I then wanted to use those last 3 weeks for re-reading first aid and step up and doing all of the questions I have marked and gotten wrong on qbank.

I also have been doing an hour of pharm and micro every morning.

Do you think it is possible with just getting a 180 on the nbme part 1 exam and still pass the real thing with my plan. I was hoping to get over a 200.

I have a 3.1 gpa and recieved A's is Physio, Neuro, Genetics, and B's in Path, Micro, Pharm, and Biochem.

Any advice is appreciated!!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.