18AA 19TS..Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2iamboss2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My breakdown,
17PAT
15QR
18RC
21BIO
16GC
21OC
19TS
18AA.

Would you rec. I re-take the DATs or apply with my 18AA. 3.6GPA plus 100+shadowing and vol work.

Members don't see this ad.

What's your top school (or schools)? Call them and ask! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
No I had 18aa and 19 Ts and got 8 interview invite. My buddy had 19 aa 18 Ts with a 16 in bio. 3.0 overall and 2.9 sci 2 interviews one acceptance

Reactions: 2 users
The first question you should consider before "Should I retake?" is "Could I do better?" What was your study regiment like? What materials did you use?

Reactions: 1 user
No I had 18aa and 19 Ts and got 8 interview invite. My buddy had 19 aa 18 Ts with a 16 in bio. 3.0 overall and 2.9 sci 2 interviews one acceptance

Did your friend have amazing ECs? Where did you both apply and where did you get in? Thanks!

If you dont mind me asking where did you and your buddy get into?

Hey, do mine telling us what schools you and your friend applied to? Thanks!

I wouldn't bank on where "he and his friend" got accepted because what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. There are too many other variables involved. I agree with what others have said. If you feel you can do better, retake.

Reactions: 1 users
Let's be honest, three sections with a 17 or less warrants a retake. Ask yourself, did you really try your best?

I wouldn't care that much on where "he and his friend" got accepted because what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. they maybe live in Chicago Illinois and the dental school there accept people only from Illinois!! I agree with what others have other said. If you feel you can do better, retake. and three sections with a 17 or less warrants a retake. and at the interview there will ask you why you haven't retake it and you have more than three sections with a 17 or less !!!

Reactions: 1 user
eh...like everyone else said, depends on if you think you can do better. One of my future classmates in the fall made an 18AA/18TS, 15 in PAT and a 16 in QR. So, just to tell you that I've seen ppl get accepted with similar scores. This, however, doesn't mean that it will happen for everybody. If you feel that you can improve, I would retake.

Yeah you gotta retake. you just need a 20AA and with a 3.6 GPA that shouldnt be hard to get if you put a little effort into it.

For everyone asking me where my buddy and I were accepted I would rather not say on a public forum, as lame as that sounds. I know another person who had an 18AA with a 3.9 get in this cycle but come on....3.9! Insane! I am being 100% honest though. Also I would like to add that 2 cycles ago my school had people that got accepted come back and explain what they did and 2 out of the 3 people talking had 18AA. I know these forums can be rough on people and say retake retake but getting 20+AA is hard! The people who do it rock and are studs. Good luck!!!

find it hard to believe, but wow! with 2.9 sgpa and 3.0 ogpa