1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

19-20 RC and 19-29 QR...??

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by SeriousPreDent, Apr 14, 2004.

1. SeriousPreDent

5+ Year Member

I've been scoring these consistently on the Kaplan and Baron's tests...does anyone think that these scores are low? I'm not sure how the Kaplan/Baron compare to the real DAT but I did take these at Barnes and Noble under noisy conditions...thanks for the advice....and this is a great forum btw...

2. Mo007

Mo007 Gifted Hands
    10+ Year Member

They look good to me. How about your other scores?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    SeriousPreDent

5+ Year Member

i've been scoring 19's consistently in the sciences from kaplan...hopefully i can pull it up a couple of points...

4. SloppyJoe

SloppyJoe Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't think SeriousPreDent is serious. is 29 low? come on.

5. Calculus1

Calculus1 G.V. Black Fan
    7+ Year Member

SeriousPreDent, I teach for Kaplan and those numbers are good. You're pretty well ready to take the test. I will admit(which I'm not supposed to) that the PAT is way easier at Kaplan and make sure you practice on the computer. All my sciences went up from what I was making at Kaplan. The only score that dropped was my PAT from a 24 to a 19.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. OP
    OP
    SeriousPreDent

5+ Year Member

sorry didn't mean 29...meant 20...just noticed that...i'm going to take the topscore tests next week so i'll let u guys know how i did...thanks for the advice too

7. ncalcate

ncalcate Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I just took the DAT yesterday. I was scoring around 20 and 21 on the QR section on Topscore and Kaplan, and I got a 23 on the real thing! I think the questions were definitely easier than Kaplan or Topscore. Because they were easier, I actually slowed down to double check my math sometimes to look for careless mistakes.

Anyhow, expect a couple of points higher on the real DAT than on Kaplan (at least, that's what happened in my case).

8. OP
    OP
    SeriousPreDent

5+ Year Member

Congrats on your score! I have been scoring 18-19's consistently on the Kaplan and Topscore tests in the sciences...21-22 on everything else...should I expect my scores to go up a couple of points in the sciences on the real thing? I'm taking my DAT on friday...i'm so nervous...