19-20 RC and 19-29 QR...??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SeriousPreDent

Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been scoring these consistently on the Kaplan and Baron's tests...does anyone think that these scores are low? I'm not sure how the Kaplan/Baron compare to the real DAT but I did take these at Barnes and Noble under noisy conditions...thanks for the advice....and this is a great forum btw...
 
SeriousPreDent said:
i've been scoring 19's consistently in the sciences from kaplan...hopefully i can pull it up a couple of points...
I don't think SeriousPreDent is serious. is 29 low? come on.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SeriousPreDent, I teach for Kaplan and those numbers are good. You're pretty well ready to take the test. I will admit(which I'm not supposed to) that the PAT is way easier at Kaplan and make sure you practice on the computer. All my sciences went up from what I was making at Kaplan. The only score that dropped was my PAT from a 24 to a 19.
 
sorry didn't mean 29...meant 20...just noticed that...i'm going to take the topscore tests next week so i'll let u guys know how i did...thanks for the advice too
 
I just took the DAT yesterday. I was scoring around 20 and 21 on the QR section on Topscore and Kaplan, and I got a 23 on the real thing! I think the questions were definitely easier than Kaplan or Topscore. Because they were easier, I actually slowed down to double check my math sometimes to look for careless mistakes.

Anyhow, expect a couple of points higher on the real DAT than on Kaplan (at least, that's what happened in my case).
 
ncalcate said:
I just took the DAT yesterday. I was scoring around 20 and 21 on the QR section on Topscore and Kaplan, and I got a 23 on the real thing! I think the questions were definitely easier than Kaplan or Topscore. Because they were easier, I actually slowed down to double check my math sometimes to look for careless mistakes.

Anyhow, expect a couple of points higher on the real DAT than on Kaplan (at least, that's what happened in my case).

Congrats on your score! I have been scoring 18-19's consistently on the Kaplan and Topscore tests in the sciences...21-22 on everything else...should I expect my scores to go up a couple of points in the sciences on the real thing? I'm taking my DAT on friday...i'm so nervous...