• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

SeriousPreDent

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2004
Visit site
Status
I've been scoring these consistently on the Kaplan and Baron's tests...does anyone think that these scores are low? I'm not sure how the Kaplan/Baron compare to the real DAT but I did take these at Barnes and Noble under noisy conditions...thanks for the advice....and this is a great forum btw...

About the Ads

SloppyJoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
Status
SeriousPreDent said:
i've been scoring 19's consistently in the sciences from kaplan...hopefully i can pull it up a couple of points...
I don't think SeriousPreDent is serious. is 29 low? come on.

Calculus1

G.V. Black Fan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2004
Dallas, TX
Visit site
Status
SeriousPreDent, I teach for Kaplan and those numbers are good. You're pretty well ready to take the test. I will admit(which I'm not supposed to) that the PAT is way easier at Kaplan and make sure you practice on the computer. All my sciences went up from what I was making at Kaplan. The only score that dropped was my PAT from a 24 to a 19.

SeriousPreDent

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2004
Visit site
Status
sorry didn't mean 29...meant 20...just noticed that...i'm going to take the topscore tests next week so i'll let u guys know how i did...thanks for the advice too

ncalcate

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2003
Hartford, CT
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I just took the DAT yesterday. I was scoring around 20 and 21 on the QR section on Topscore and Kaplan, and I got a 23 on the real thing! I think the questions were definitely easier than Kaplan or Topscore. Because they were easier, I actually slowed down to double check my math sometimes to look for careless mistakes.

Anyhow, expect a couple of points higher on the real DAT than on Kaplan (at least, that's what happened in my case).

SeriousPreDent

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2004
Visit site
Status
ncalcate said:
I just took the DAT yesterday. I was scoring around 20 and 21 on the QR section on Topscore and Kaplan, and I got a 23 on the real thing! I think the questions were definitely easier than Kaplan or Topscore. Because they were easier, I actually slowed down to double check my math sometimes to look for careless mistakes.

Anyhow, expect a couple of points higher on the real DAT than on Kaplan (at least, that's what happened in my case).
Congrats on your score! I have been scoring 18-19's consistently on the Kaplan and Topscore tests in the sciences...21-22 on everything else...should I expect my scores to go up a couple of points in the sciences on the real thing? I'm taking my DAT on friday...i'm so nervous...

About the Ads