19 TS/AA Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confidence23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
ollk;

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The QR is a bit questionable. Typically, you don't want anything below a 17.

Is this for this cycle or next cycle? Because, honestly if it is for this cycle I would say your chances are slim. It's too late in the game

The QR is a bit questionable. Typically, you don't want anything below a 17.

Is this for this cycle or next cycle? Because, honestly if it is for this cycle I would say your chances are slim. It's too late in the game
I don't think it's too late in the game at all. I got my application in the first week of June and interviews run through March. Still have more than 6 months left for classes to fill up.

I don't think it's too late in the game at all. I got my application in the first week of June and interviews run through March. Still have more than 6 months left for classes to fill up.
I misunderstood. I thought you had just finished your DAT and were just now filing your application. If you applied early on then my answer changes. I mean, the 15 QR is still grim, but the early filing gives you more of an advantage

Members don't see this ad :)
I misunderstood. I thought you had just finished your DAT and were just now filing your application. If you applied early on then my answer changes. I mean, the 15 QR is still grim, but the early filing gives you more of an advantage
I ran out of time on QR. I think the 21's in Ochem and Reading Comprehension may overshadow it.

I ran out of time on QR. I think the 21's in Ochem and Reading Comprehension may overshadow it.

Perhaps. I mean, your GPAs are a little lower end. But, people with a lot worse scores have gotten in, so I definitely wouldn't rule you out. The only concern is some schools have an automatic screen that any DAT score under a 16 gets thrown out. However, it appears that QR is the score schools tend to be the most lenient on and the least significant. Also, a lot of schools are becoming more holistic in their screening process.

I feel you on the QR though, it was my worst section and honestly I was ill prepared. My advisor has me taking calculus to counteract it and show I have math ability.

Honestly, it's a little late but my recommendation would be to select schools that review on a holistic basis - but I doubt you're doing any adding in November!

Perhaps. I mean, your GPAs are a little lower end. But, people with a lot worse scores have gotten in, so I definitely wouldn't rule you out. The only concern is some schools have an automatic screen that any DAT score under a 16 gets thrown out. However, it appears that QR is the score schools tend to be the most lenient on and the least significant. Also, a lot of schools are becoming more holistic in their screening process.

I feel you on the QR though, it was my worst section and honestly I was ill prepared. My advisor has me taking calculus to counteract it and show I have math ability.

Honestly, it's a little late but my recommendation would be to select schools that review on a holistic basis - but I doubt you're doing any adding in November!
How do you even select schools that select on a holistic basis? Is that information available to the public? It's all arbitrary in my opinion if people with lower scores than me are getting in. To completely negate the science and academic average score because of a subpar QR section doesn't sound reasonable.

How do you even select schools that select on a holistic basis? Is that information available to the public? It's all arbitrary in my opinion if people with lower scores than me are getting in. To completely negate the science and academic average score because of a subpar QR section doesn't sound reasonable.
I guess no one really knows for sure. I just got the information word-of-mouth, and mostly from one of my friends who is a D4 and works with the admissions committee at her school with that she works with other admissions committees with other schools she gives me the information that she knows

If you are talking strictly stats alone... Your AA is average to slightly below average for matriculants and your GPA is below average.