1st Time using OptomCAS, a bit confused about credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

icedjanuary

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!
This cycle is my first time applying to American Optometry Schools and I'm a bit confused about how credits are calculated. I went to the University of Toronto and credits were semester based with one semester being worth 0.5 credits and a year long course being 1.0.

I am trying to do my transcript entry and I see that for one course a suggestion is 4 credits. Does this roughly mean 4 "credit hours" ? What would that mean for a course with 2hr lecture, bi-weekly 3hr lab, and 1hr tutorial ?

Is it more worth it to pay for the transcript entry they suggested, to avoid this confusion and possible delay haha
 
Last edited:
Hello!
This cycle is my first time applying to American Optometry Schools and I'm a bit confused about how credits are calculated. I went to the University of Toronto and credits were semester based with one semester being worth 0.5 credits and a year long course being 1.0.

I am trying to do my transcript entry and I see that for one course a suggestion is 4 credits. Does this roughly mean 4 "credit hours" ? What would that mean for a course with 2hr lecture, bi-weekly 3hr lab, and 1hr tutorial ?

Is it more worth it to pay for the transcript entry they suggested, to avoid this confusion and possible delay haha

Hello Icedjanuary,

I'm not sure if you will see this, since it's two years later. But Im going through the exact same thing that you were. I was wondering what exactly you put in the credit section for full year courses (2 semester courses) and for one semester courses.