1st year U of F

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

moobymaster

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any U of Fers out there that can recommend any readings to get a leg up on first year? I got 3 months of doing nothing coming up.
 
Memorize every pathway and enzyme for biochemistry. Know what inhibits each pathway. You can find this in any biochem textbook. You don't need to know the structures.

Review human physiology for the pulmonary, cardiovascular, autonomic nervous system and renal systems. Learn the G-protein coupled receptors.

Try to find a first year student in Orlando and get copies of old exams. You can PM Sea Otter. I don't know how often he checks for messages, but it's worth a try.
 
Originally posted by dgroulx
Memorize every pathway and enzyme for biochemistry. Know what inhibits each pathway. You can find this in any biochem textbook. You don't need to know the structures.

Review human physiology for the pulmonary, cardiovascular, autonomic nervous system and renal systems. Learn the G-protein coupled receptors.

Try to find a first year student in Orlando and get copies of old exams. You can PM Sea Otter. I don't know how often he checks for messages, but it's worth a try.

Poor guy...You just robbed him of his summer! lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by dgroulx
Memorize every pathway and enzyme for biochemistry. Know what inhibits each pathway. You can find this in any biochem textbook. You don't need to know the structures.


That sucks we had to know the structures.
 
I had to know the structures and draw them on exams when I took it for my undergrad degree. I think for pharmacy school, they figure that it is just a waste of time. We only have to learn structures for drugs.