2.4 GPA and 28 MCAT

Started by doc luv
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doc luv

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sorry if i sound ignorant in asking this question, but i'm not too familiar with post-bacs. from what i've seen u need to have about a 3.0 to get into any decent post-bac program. a friend of mine, however, really messed up undergrad (straight through his senior year) and ended up with 2.45 gpa. he recently got a 28 on the mcat, he's got some volunteer experience in the hospital, and good lors.

anyone know of any good programs which would be forgiving of a really low gpa?
 
I had 2.3 GPA and 32 MCAT and I begged my way into Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine's Post bac program last fall. They have a 2.5 GPA cutoff, but they do make exceptions. I was also able take pre-reqs at another college while in the program. I was accepted to a few DO schools, so it worked out. I'm unsure of how MD schools percieve the program as I didn't apply to any. Barry University in Miami would probably be another option (one that I considered) and they have a graduates in MD/DO schools. As I found out low GPA is a major problem for any school, but there are some ways around it.