2.5 in general chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jordanamsu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a freshman in college and my first semester didn't go as planned. I ended up with a 2.5 in chemistry but improved greatly from the beginning of the year. I did well on the final but unfortunately it was too late to salvage the grade. I did well in calculus earning either a high 3.5 or even perhaps a 4.0. Will medical schools look past my 2.5 if I keep improving and have great extra-curriculars/volunteering? I am interested in MD and DO.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a freshman in college and my first semester didn't go as planned. I ended up with a 2.5 in chemistry but improved greatly from the beginning of the year. I did well on the final but unfortunately it was too late to salvage the grade. I did well in calculus earning either a high 3.5 or even perhaps a 4.0. Will medical schools look past my 2.5 if I keep improving and have great extra-curriculars/volunteering? I am interested in MD and DO.
Yes. You have plenty of time to raise your GPAs over the next few years before applying. Do they have tutoring or help sessions for Chemistry that you can attend next term? Have you attended the teacher's office hours to ask about areas you don't understand? Are you studying enough and not getting over-distracted with ECs and fun?