2.7cGPA/ 3.3 sGPA 500MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Swolebabydoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances? I am looking at ATSU-KCOM, I am non trad with 3+ years healthcare experience, I am tri-lingual and I have 100+ shadowing hours of a DO. &&Black Female.

My cGPA might be higher (not by much) but I don't really understand how to figure my grades with the updated AACOM policy.

What do you guys think are my chances?
xoxo

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are my chances? I am looking at ATSU-KCOM, I am non trad with 3+ years healthcare experience, I am tri-lingual and I have 100+ shadowing hours of a DO. &&Black Female.

My cGPA might be higher (not by much) but I don't really understand how to figure my grades with the updated AACOM policy.

What do you guys think are my chances?
xoxo
Do you have a rising GPA trend? The low cGPA worries me, but the sGPA is encouraging. I suggest applying broadly, and include the HBcs.

Last edited:
Where is your state of residence? You have a chance for interviews at some of the newer DO schools so consider all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas
UIWSOM
ICOM
PCOM (Georgia and South Georgia)
For MD schools try Howard, Meharry and Morehouse and possible your state schools depending on your state of residence.

Reactions: 1 user
Broad list of DO schools and you will get in at least 1. The URM female staus will help, but you might be a little too low stats wise for MD, but Ive seen crazier acceptances this cycle

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do you have a rising GPA trend? The low cGPA worries me, but the sGPA is encouraging. I suggest applying broadly, and include the HBcs.

I'm doing my DIY post bacc and i'm getting good grades. Should end with 3.7. All A's except Physics I&II (B's).

Where is your state of residence? You have a chance for interviews at some of the newer DO schools so consider all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas
UIWSOM
ICOM
PCOM (Georgia and South Georgia)
For MD schools try Howard, Meharry and Morehouse and possible your state schools depending on your state of residence.

I live in Missouri, I am from D.C. though so I was looking at Howard already (fingers crossed?).

@Goro @Faha

I plan to retake my MCAT in sept. I am spending now 4-5 months in prep work, aiming for a 505-510 which I think is doable. Would that impact my chances of acceptance or is my GPA too shot to hell?

Also, I work in a hospital and have 3 years healthcare experience. By the the time I apply I will have 50+ hours (maybe more?) of DO shadowing experience and 15 of MD shadowing.

Thanks

oh BTW I want to look at ATSU is that an absolute no?

Last edited:
@Goro @Faha

I plan to retake my MCAT in sept. I am spending now 4-5 months in prep work, aiming for a 505-510 which I think is doable. Would that impact my chances of acceptance or is my GPA too shot to hell?

Also, I work in a hospital and have 3 years healthcare experience. By the the time I apply I will have 50+ hours (maybe more?) of DO shadowing experience and 15 of MD shadowing.

Thanks

oh BTW I want to look at ATSU is that an absolute no?
If you increase your MCAT to 508 then your chances for a MD acceptance increase to 50%. Post your score here when available. You can try ATSU but your stats are low for that school.

If you increase your MCAT to 508 then your chances for a MD acceptance increase to 50%. Post your score here when available. You can try ATSU but your stats are low for that school.

other than Howard U, I am not really looking at MD just not to waste my money on an app that will be auto rejected.
How do my chances look for DO? I am kind of concerned that even for DO school I will get nothing but no's.

other than Howard U, I am not really looking at MD just not to waste my money on an app that will be auto rejected.
How do my chances look for DO? I am kind of concerned that even for DO school I will get nothing but no's.
If you apply to all the schools I listed you should receive some interviews. What will your cGPA and sGPA be after you finish your DIY post bacc?

You might get some bites from:
ICOM
ARCOM
NYITCOM-AR
UIW
RVU-UT
LECOM
Wm Carey
ACOM
all three VCOMs
KYCOM
LMU
BCOM

@Goro @Faha
My fiance in applying as well how are his chances?
Black Male, 25, sGPA 3.5 cGPA 3.1. One year experience working under 2 physicians. Previous MCAT 495, retaking in Sept as well.

what are the chances of us getting into med school together, specifically one together?