2.99 GPA - where did you apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PlatinumBlue

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you had a GPA below a 3.0 (my current is a 2.99 / GRE 148,153 / last 60 hours well above a 3.0) where did you apply and get accepted?

I could use a few success stories from those who were/are in a similar situation.

Thanks!

*GPA will be above a 3.0 after December grades post

Members don't see this ad.

Try Loma Linda. To increase your chances, consider telling them (it's a part of their application) you are an adventist.

Loma Linda is highly competitive, their average accepted gpa and gre are far above what OP listed. I would suggest looking at programs which are not part of PTCAS. PTCAS has a list of these schools and many get less applicants and are able to look more on an individual level at their applicants. Outside of that most schools have a 3.0 cut off and will not open your application without having that. Just above a 3.0 you will be hard pressed to get in, it wasn't a walk in the park for me (2.93cgpa, 3.3 pre-req, 156V, 158Q, 4.0W, 3000 PT tech hrs, 3000 other medical experience) and I had to apply twice. Options you have will be applying to schools which look at the last 60 units or which look at pre-req gpa only. I got into two schools MGH in boston and TSU in Nashville. Decided to go to TSU cause of cost, now in my second semester of my second year and have had no issues succeeding in the program.

Also, you MUST retake the gre and score mid or high 150's this is your only opportunity to offset your gpa