2 important questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) where can i find a list comparing the board scores of all medical schools

2)List of schools with percentage of med students that match in their top 3 choices?

thanks, this will be useful info in making a decision this winter....

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know of a central source for this info, but most schools have their own stats ususally on their web pages. If you get an acceptance and they don't have them posted, then I would contact the schools and ask them.

I've got two questions!

1) Where's the fife?

2) Gimme the fife!

(kidding. I wish I knew the answer to your question, but I don't.)

I hope you won't use these questions to determine where you go to medical school!

First, well over 90% of American med students pass Step I, and with a few exceptions, the average scores fall into a tight distribution. Nearly every medical school in the US will prepare you very well for the boards. How well you will do depends much more on your own motivation.

Second, every school is going to quote that "over 90% of our graduates get one of their top 3 choices," because that's the nature of the algorithm for the match. You can only rank the places where you are invited for an interview. A more important issue (that no one can answer) is how many 4th year students at school X get the interviews they want.

I hope that you will choose a medical school based on your impressions from interview (and re-visit) days. As much as the issues you brought up are mentioned, they really won't have any bearing on your medical education.

Cheers,
doepug (MS IV)