2 million taxable account colleague claims?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Def. I used to think 2M and I could take the gas off the brakes. Now I think the number is 4-5M

Yeah i hear ya. The problem is its a moving target. For example in 3-5 years someone gets to there number then feels its no longer enuf due to inflation and things feeling more expensive than the stats say.

Waking up in the next 2-3 yrs at 5m liquid would be great to go PT or 7-8m to maybe start considering work optional status. Again moving targets and lets be honest we are going to have some type of correction sooner than later. I feel there is a window you need to maintain the liquid net worth for a few years. Dont wanna be the guy quiting to see the nw drop 25-30% the following 1-2 years at a youngish age.
 
People who brag about how much they have typically do not have nearly as much. Most ultra rich people I know (5M-10M+), never talk about money unless asked for advice.