2 Months!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dent2Be

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i have 2 months before i take my DAT and I am still trying to figure out some stuff. Should studying from my college bio book and the kaplan book be fine for the bio part?? And I have yet to take second semester organic, will that affect me in any way or does the DAT consist of mostly first semester organic material??
NEED HELP PLEASE...........

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so i have 2 months before i take my DAT and I am still trying to figure out some stuff. Should studying from my college bio book and the kaplan book be fine for the bio part?? And I have yet to take second semester organic, will that affect me in any way or does the DAT consist of mostly first semester organic material??
NEED HELP PLEASE...........

1 Kaplan Blue book
1 Outline Bio Schaums
2 table spoons of caffee into your chai
4 Hours of studying each day
==================
Kick ass DAT score:thumbup:

1 Kaplan Blue book
1 Outline Bio Schaums
==================

I like this....

this is the prescription I gave myself too.

So what would be the best test prep program? I read in other posts that Achiever or Destroyer is good. I am also planning to take the DAT in 2 months. I already have the Kaplan DAT self-study book, but I also read elsewhere that it is not as good as the only study source. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
So what would be the best test prep program? I read in other posts that Achiever or Destroyer is good. I am also planning to take the DAT in 2 months. I already have the Kaplan DAT self-study book, but I also read elsewhere that it is not as good as the only study source. Thanks.

Schaum's, Cliff's, Crack the PAT, etc. There are quite a few more.

1 Kaplan Blue book
1 Outline Bio Schaums
==================

Sounds pretty good, and seems exactly like what im doing right now...But what about second semester organic chem???

Sounds pretty good, and seems exactly like what im doing right now...But what about second semester organic chem???

lol yes. you would have to know 2nd semester organic. they give u reactions you gotta recognize from orgo 2, like grignard, claisen condensation, aldol condensation, wolff-kischner reductions, or any rxn associated with carboxyl acids and the derivatives.

a big thing in orgo 2 was the aldehydes and the ketones and all the derivatives associated w/ carboxylic acids ..

lol yes. you would have to know 2nd semester organic. they give u reactions you gotta recognize from orgo 2, like grignard, claisen condensation, aldol condensation, wolff-kischner reductions, or any rxn associated with carboxyl acids and the derivatives.

a big thing in orgo 2 was the aldehydes and the ketones and all the derivatives associated w/ carboxylic acids ..

Crap....

I sucked it up in o-chem 2 when I took it in school, so I pretty much had to teach it to myself when I took to the DAT. It would certainly help you to take the class before the DAT, but the class is far more difficult then the material covered in the DAT. (You don't have to know detailed step by step electron pushing for all the mechanisms for the DAT). If you are good at self teaching then look over the material covered in the Kaplan book and see if it looks too intense. I found it to be pretty comprehensive when it came to o-chem, so if you really want to take the DAT this summer with a ton of studying you might be okay