2 Questions RE: St. George's University (Grade Replacement & the BS/MD program)

Started by NSix
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NSix

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I am a junior in college at the moment. I had a very bad semester a year ago that totally tanked my GPA.

Originally I had a 3.2 cGPA and sGPA with 60 credits completed.

Now, after retakes and some other classes, I'm at a 2.98 cGPA and 90 credits.

I got As in my retakes (OChem. II/Physics II/Cell Bio.). The reason I did so poorly is for health reasons.

Does SGU allow grade forgiveness of some kind? And could I enter now as a junior in their BS/MD program? I have not taken the MCAT yet.
 
Hi guys,

I am a junior in college at the moment. I had a very bad semester a year ago that totally tanked my GPA.

Originally I had a 3.2 cGPA and sGPA with 60 credits completed.

Now, after retakes and some other classes, I'm at a 2.98 cGPA and 90 credits.

I got As in my retakes (OChem. II/Physics II/Cell Bio.). The reason I did so poorly is for health reasons.

Does SGU allow grade forgiveness of some kind? And could I enter now as a junior in their BS/MD program? I have not taken the MCAT yet.
You need to figure out your Science GPA that is what they look at
 
Hi guys,

I am a junior in college at the moment. I had a very bad semester a year ago that totally tanked my GPA.

Originally I had a 3.2 cGPA and sGPA with 60 credits completed.

Now, after retakes and some other classes, I'm at a 2.98 cGPA and 90 credits.

I got As in my retakes (OChem. II/Physics II/Cell Bio.). The reason I did so poorly is for health reasons.

Does SGU allow grade forgiveness of some kind? And could I enter now as a junior in their BS/MD program? I have not taken the MCAT yet.


I have a couple of friends in my class that had a similar situation. They look at the whole app but you should probably call their office to speak with an adviser that can help you with you specific case. Good luck!