2 SLOEs and waiting

Started by Dunno24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dunno24

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

EM applicant here. I am wondering about waiting for a SLOE or not.
I currently have 1 SLOE, which of course I am using, as well as very strong letters from FM, IM, and EM (one of the best med students type letters). I have my second SubI coming up in a few weeks. This means that is everything is done immediately, I will have my second SLOE in early November. I had been thinking of just using the 1 SLOE and 3 non-SLOEs but not I am thinking it over and maybe that would be a red flag. Am I at a significant disadvantage to wait for the other SLOE?
 
If I recall, max of 4 letters can be assigned. So if you do 1 SLOE + 3 other letters, you won’t be able to send the 2nd SLOE IN November
 
There was a survey done a year or two ago amongst EM PDs:

If I recall correctly, the majority (>90%) stated that they give interviews to those with only one SLOE. Many of those same programs require 2 SLOEs to rank.

Wait for the second SLOE.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There was a survey done a year or two ago amongst EM PDs:

If I recall correctly, the majority (>90%) stated that they give interviews to those with only one SLOE. Many of those same programs require 2 SLOEs to rank.

Wait for the second SLOE.
Alright that seems to really be what I have been finding. Going to be tough to knock out one of these LOR.
 
If I recall, max of 4 letters can be assigned. So if you do 1 SLOE + 3 other letters, you won’t be able to send the 2nd SLOE IN November
Yeah that is essentially what I am saying. If I did the 4 I had now I wouldn't be able to send the second SLOE.