2 threads that i started: bizarre interview moment and reaction when you got in...

Started by entropy2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WhatUpDoc! said:
I'm thinking road trip... right after finals are over... Madison here I come 😀

I'll host anyone who wants to come to Madison and enjoy Bluephies (as well as the rest of our fine, fine, fine (perhaps a bit too fine for the waistline) restaurants. 😀

SDN Meetup!
 
Turkeyman said:
Man, if a chocolate chip cookie is perfectly circular you know it tastes like crap. I can't find any good cookies on the market...disappointed in most of them =[. I'm just a passive food fanatic/critic/wannabe chef but yesh...no good cookies.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and kudos, entropy 😀.



I have a great suggestion on cookies. Try the Nieman Marcus recipe. It's on their website.
 
TheDarkSide said:
I'll host anyone who wants to come to Madison and enjoy Bluephies (as well as the rest of our fine, fine, fine (perhaps a bit too fine for the waistline) restaurants. 😀

SDN Meetup!

Hey Darkside, are you a UW-madison student? wait, you probably aren't because you are 31. But anyways, I'm in madison too. My favorite meal at bluephies is Five Spice Beef, yummy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
justskipee said:
Hey Darkside, are you a UW-madison student? wait, you probably aren't because you are 31. But anyways, I'm in madison too. My favorite meal at bluephies is Five Spice Beef, yummy.

Actually, I am. I'm the very super-est of super seniors!
 
TheDarkSide said:
OMG, I remember The Thorn Birds. My mother had (well, has, actually) the biggest crush on Richard Chamberlain. I cannot count the number of times I had to watch it. (Funny taste. Other objects of her undying affection include Tom Selleck and David Boies.)

I have to give props to Matt's. Outstanding cookie goodness. Only problem is the damn packages aren't big enough. :laugh: I loved that commercial they had where the lady who had just given birth wanted her Matt's cookies.
Yes, I am pretty sure The Thorn Birds was made to vindicate people like my mother who had crushes on their 1960's-reared, hippy priests. Ours used to play the guitar in mass and had a mellow baritone resonance. Funny, every Sunday we would go to mass and then she would stick in the beta and watch TTB.

I am gaining the weight I lost since leaving Chicago just thinking about Matt's. But there were only 8 cookies or something in the bag.
 
Cookies. y'all really need to live closer to me. I have, in my kitchen at this very moment the following homemade from scratch real honest to goodness goodies:
1. spritz (with either raspberry or apricot jam in the middle
2. mint snaps (a chocolate peppermint cookie)
3. lumberjacks (a twist on ginger snaps)
4. crackle spice cookies
5. chocolate lulus (another chocolate cookie)
6. jam bites (with chopped almonds and jam)
7. homemade chex mix


yet to be made:
apricot white chocolate scones
skinny peanut wafers
sugar cookies shaped like candy canes and decorated with royal icing
gingerbread men
nut crescents half dipped in semi-sweet chocolate
crackled sugar cookies
pennies from heaven with vanilla rum cream inside
rum raisin cookies
chocolate tea cookies
cappucino cookies
soft ginger cookies


I take my holiday baking very seriously. 🙂 Unfortunately, I don't really like to eat all this stuff - I just like to bake it. Lots of it. I like how my house smells when I bake. I do taste each kind of cookie (usually), but I'll only have one or two of each kind at most. My kids and my husband are my official taste-testers right now. I have yet to find any bought cookie that tastes as good as homemade. 😀
 
justskipee said:
Oh and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Eggrolls!!

crunchy outside, crack that motha open, cookie dough oooozes out. oh baby

OMG, I have to get some of these.....droooollll.