2 threads that i started: bizarre interview moment and reaction when you got in...

E

entropy2

i started these 2 threads a while back (under my old name entropy).... i am glad that they became fairly popular....

About the Ads

little_late_MD

Ready To Jump
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2005
South Florida
Status
Pre-Medical
Congradulations. Do you want a cookie?

Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Silver Spring, Maryland
Status
little_late_MD said:
Man, if a chocolate chip cookie is perfectly circular you know it tastes like crap. I can't find any good cookies on the market...disappointed in most of them =[. I'm just a passive food fanatic/critic/wannabe chef but yesh...no good cookies.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and kudos, entropy :D.

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I've always been a P.Farm Brussels gal myself. That and the old school, Double Stuf Oreos. The only perfectly round cookie worth eating!

RayhanS1282

perpetually percolated
15+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2004
Sucking long and hard in New York
Visit site
Status
The local Dunkin' Donuts got the best chocolate chip cookies ever. It's huge and somewhat round but it has this unique mixture of crunchiness on the outside but soft and gooey on the inside.

P.S. The original topic of the thread was hijacked in 8 posts...that's gotta be a record or something...take that URM and AA threads.

Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Silver Spring, Maryland
Status
Thank you chicagomel, thank you. Now we'll just have to taste it...GObBlE GObBLE *bashes head into monitor repeatedly trying to snatch home-made-looking cookie*

drmota

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2005
Santa MONICA
Status
gdbaby said:
I've always been a P.Farm Brussels gal myself. That and the old school, Double Stuf Oreos. The only perfectly round cookie worth eating!
one time i found white chocolate covered oreo cookies. pretty much the best thing i've ever had in my life.

as for the CC cookies, i would recommend chewy chips ahoy. unreal. so chewy. if you're into that. or buy the ready made cookie dough and bake it up. nothing better than that.
-mota

About the Ads

Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Silver Spring, Maryland
Status
I've tried all the chewies under the keebler and chips ahoy name...I don't know why but they jsut don't cut it for me! Maybe they have too much flour, they feel a bit dense. White chocolate covered oreos would be nice...
Pepperidge farm(as gdbaby mentioned) have been one of the better ones for me.

The one perfectly round cookie that had always satisfied me were the Soft Batch Chocolate Chip cookies from Keebler...they were in a red package like this:

My local grocery stores DONT have them anymore. It makes me sad.

edit:
DaMota said:
it was inevitable that this thread would end up being about cookies.
-mota
:D

Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Silver Spring, Maryland
Status
RayhanS1282 said:
The local Dunkin' Donuts got the best chocolate chip cookies ever. It's huge and somewhat round but it has this unique mixture of crunchiness on the outside but soft and gooey on the inside.

P.S. The original topic of the thread was hijacked in 8 posts...that's gotta be a record or something...take that URM and AA threads.
Dunkin donuts has cookies? Hrmm..I'd go tomorrow but I have this cheesecake-like pie I'm going to eat instead hahaha.

Ahh..Saturdays are my ultimate "cheat" day

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Classyville
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Subway has some good cookies.
Anyone else like the soft frosted ones that come 12 to a box?

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
BrettBatchelor said:
Subway has some good cookies.
Anyone else like the soft frosted ones that come 12 to a box?
There is something about the juxtaposition of Tucker Carlson and a discussion about cookies that makes me laugh.

BTW: I have been biting my tongue, but I can't hold it in any longer. I, gdbaby, the most liberal person I know, have the biggest crush on Tucker. It must be the bowtie, but it is like a forbidden love that I have not seen since The Thorn Birds.

MrBurns10

Excellent, Smithers
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
www.espn.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
gdbaby said:
There is something about the juxtaposition of Tucker Carlson and a discussion about cookies that makes me laugh.

BTW: I have been biting my tongue, but I can't hold it in any longer. I, gdbaby, the most liberal person I know, have the biggest crush on Tucker. It must be the bowtie, but it is like a forbidden love that I have not seen since The Thorn Birds.
Oh man, Jon Stewart on Crossfire was one of the greatest television moments of all time. Poor Tucker Carlson. This was one of my favorites of that segment:

Tucker: You're funnier on your show.
Jon: Well, you're a bigger dick on YOUR show!

That moment was second only to the Yankees losing four straight to the Red Sox to lose the '04 ALCS.

humuhumu

nukunuku apua'a
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2005
twitter.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If you live in the Midwest, you've gotta try Matt's Cookie's....

WhatUpDoc!

The Sign Says It All
10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
Somewhere, USA
Status
Attending Physician
Turkeyman said:
Man, if a chocolate chip cookie is perfectly circular you know it tastes like crap. I can't find any good cookies on the market...disappointed in most of them =[. I'm just a passive food fanatic/critic/wannabe chef but yesh...no good cookies.

Any suggestions?
Man... put about 5-6 chocolate chip ahoys on a paper towel, microwave for approx. 45-60sec, then prepare to bite into the most scrumptious morsels of cookietastic treats this side of heaven... ooooh I'm going to get some right now!!! :D

About the Ads

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Ooooo I forgot about Matt's. Ahhhhh...Maaaaaaatt's!

Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Silver Spring, Maryland
Status
WhatUpDoc! said:
Man... put about 5-6 chocolate chip ahoys on a paper towel, microwave for approx. 45-60sec, then prepare to bite into the most scrumptious morsels of cookietastic treats this side of heaven... ooooh I'm going to get some right now!!! :D
Oooh that's longer than me, I give my cookies 25 seconds max hahah. Microwaved cookies/brownies/ice cream(yes I melt it down just to eat the goop sometimes) are the best.

Chips Ahoys are good, I guess I'm just looking for the perfect soft-baked cookie that is soft-baked w/out microwaving it :D.

edit:

Can someone mail me Matt's, Dunkin Donuts, and Subway cookies as a present?

BooMed

Optomist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2005
Oregon girl in the Bama
Status
Non-Student
I don't know, is any cookie as good as a homemade one, all melty fresh from the oven?

Ohh, actually, where I used to live in Oregon, there was a cookie company called "Monster Cookies" and they were soooo good. :love:

jebus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
Status
RayhanS1282 said:
No, it's not quite the record.

pagemmapants

Unknown Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
DaMota said:
one time i found white chocolate covered oreo cookies. pretty much the best thing i've ever had in my life.

as for the CC cookies, i would recommend chewy chips ahoy. unreal. so chewy. if you're into that. or buy the ready made cookie dough and bake it up. nothing better than that.
-mota
Dude, covering an oreo destroys the fun of it. You can't very well separate the two sides when they're smothered with something, unless you wanna lick it all off, but then the cookie parts are too soft to twist anyway. Worst Idea Ever.

pagemmapants

Unknown Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
As to Diddy Riese: damn straight.

$1 for a scoop of peanut butter ice cream flanked by a chocolate white chocolate chip cookie and a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. Oh man.

SanDiegoSOD

Milk was a bad choice
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2004
Sunny California
Status
If I'm going for good cookies, it's got to be my own homemade chocolate chip wonders:

3/4 cups brown and white sugar, creamed with 1 cup butter
Add three egg whites (no yolks), 1 tsp vanilla, whip like a mad man
Add 2 3/4 cups flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt.

All that is pretty standard. The real trick is in the chips:
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
You read that right... three different kinds of chocolate chips. It's like every little bite is a wonderful surprise that keeps you on your toes. :D

About the Ads

SanDiegoSOD

Milk was a bad choice
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2004
Sunny California
Status
jtank said:
best cookies ever: diddy reese <-- everyone that goes to ucla knows what im talking about

On drives to NorCal from San Diego, I stop every time in Westwood for Diddy Reese. Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream flanked by chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Mmmmm..... Cookies.... *drool*

justskipee

10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2005
here and there
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Tollhouse pre-cut cookie dough batter, macadamian nut and white chocolate chip. This stuff will rock your world.

Oh and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Eggrolls!!

crunchy outside, crack that motha open, cookie dough oooozes out. oh baby

WhatUpDoc!

The Sign Says It All
10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
Somewhere, USA
Status
Attending Physician
justskipee said:
Oh and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Eggrolls!!

crunchy outside, crack that motha open, cookie dough oooozes out. oh baby
Are you serious? If such a treat really exists you gotta let me know how I can get my hands on these chocolatey delights :eek:

justskipee

10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2005
here and there
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
WhatUpDoc! said:
Are you serious? If such a treat really exists you gotta let me know how I can get my hands on these chocolatey delights :eek:
They exist at my favorite restaurant called Bluephies in Madison, Wisconsin. Amazing food. Check out the website:

http://www.foodfightinc.com/bluephies.htm

The chef just published the Bluephies cookbook, which I own, and the recipe is in the book. definitely get it! great gift.

drmota

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2005
Santa MONICA
Status
jtank said:
best cookies ever: diddy reese <-- everyone that goes to ucla knows what im talking about
pretty damn good yes. but i'd prefer a pazookie right across the street at bjs.
-mota

MollyMalone

I'm a Score Quadruplet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
The anterosuperior branch of the inferomedial some
Status
gdbaby said:

OMG, I remember The Thorn Birds. My mother had (well, has, actually) the biggest crush on Richard Chamberlain. I cannot count the number of times I had to watch it. (Funny taste. Other objects of her undying affection include Tom Selleck and David Boies.)

I have to give props to Matt's. Outstanding cookie goodness. Only problem is the damn packages aren't big enough. :laugh: I loved that commercial they had where the lady who had just given birth wanted her Matt's cookies.

potato51

10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Uhh... all you hungry folks are making me nervous!~!!

riceman04

10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
little_late_MD said:

Now you know he wants a brownie instead.

riceman04

10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
entropy2 said:
i started these 2 threads a while back (under my old name entropy).... i am glad that they became fairly popular....

Ooooooooooooooooooo....for your successful threads how about some Jello Pudding Pops...

:p

WhatUpDoc!

The Sign Says It All
10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
Somewhere, USA
Status
Attending Physician
justskipee said:
They exist at my favorite restaurant called Bluephies in Madison, Wisconsin. Amazing food. Check out the website:

http://www.foodfightinc.com/bluephies.htm

The chef just published the Bluephies cookbook, which I own, and the recipe is in the book. definitely get it! great gift.
I'm thinking road trip... right after finals are over... Madison here I come :D

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
TX
Status
Attending Physician
Otis Spunkmeyer Peanut Butter Cookies... *drools on keyboard* my freshman year they served them at the cafeteria on campus and I think they were soley responsible for my freshman 15.
I haven't been able to find them since :(

drmota

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2005
Santa MONICA
Status
as long as we're being random...

sorry. i just learned how to put pictures up (thanks to turkeyman).
-mota

About the Ads