2 weeks to prepare for an interview?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tryingoutthisdream

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I received an email for an interview and I was excited! However, I only have two weeks to prepare for the interview and its kind of stressing me out. Its in MMI format and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me! I would appreciate it

Members don't see this ad.

Same as you would for any interview, except maybe get a little bit more sleep the night before. There's not that much to "prepare" for, just remember to think before you speak.

Reactions: 2 users
And sort out your clothing and accessories. Have you reviewed the 'What to wear?' posts for your gender?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I received an email for an interview and I was excited! However, I only have two weeks to prepare for the interview and its kind of stressing me out. Its in MMI format and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me! I would appreciate it
Read this: and also look up @HomeSkool's post on MMI's.
Goro's Guide to Interviews
Goro's Guide to Interviews: The View from Behind the Curtain

Good luck!:clap::clap::clap::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::woot::woot::woot::love::love::love::claps::claps::claps:

You really shouldn't need to do much to prepare for your interviews. Look at your secondary again and see if you can figure out what the school values from the website, friends at the school, or other word of mouth. MMIs are designed to elicit your values so it's hard to fake if you're morally corrupt. Just be ethical about things and voice your logical reasoning process out and you'll be fine. Oh, and give a goddamn answer. The number one mistake pre-meds make with MMIs is going through all the different actions/outcomes and never actually giving a definitive answer.

Reactions: 3 users
I did mock interviews with pre-med advisers from a couple different universities (long after graduating from those schools -- they didn't even know me).

First step: relax! Sounds strange but you have two weeks to prepare. Some times, I got less than a week. Review your application and essays. Make sure you have all parts to your interview attire (I mean this. You don't want to get there and realize you are missing your suit). But most importantly, be yourself. The school wants to know you. They saw it on paper. Now they want to see it in person.

I disagree with the "not much to prepare" advice. Unless you're a natural with interviews, you should spend several hours answering MMI questions in front of a video camera and watching yourself to see how you can improve. You should also go for mock interviews at your career counseling dept. as many times as allowed even if this means going there every day or two. And practice with as many people as possible, even people with no special knowledge of medical school interviews, including family members and other applicants. (Source: it worked for me.)

Find strategies to answer MMI questions. That’s how you’ll prepare and do multiple examples to see how you do and what you should change.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I disagree with the "not much to prepare" advice. Unless you're a natural with interviews, you should spend several hours answering MMI questions in front of a video camera and watching yourself to see how you can improve. You should also go for mock interviews at your career counseling dept. as many times as allowed even if this means going there every day or two. And practice with as many people as possible, even people with no special knowledge of medical school interviews, including family members and other applicants. (Source: it worked for me.)
Thank you! I was thinking the same since I'm far from a natural

Reactions: 1 user