2 Years of Prereq For Pharmacy School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H7779

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know that there have been many people that have posted something along this line on SDN before. I have taken a look at it and go many great advice from those forums. However, I would like to know if my plan for preparing for pharmacy school is right or not.

My plan right now is to attend a Community College for 2 years that includes summer semester too. Which I am doing right now, right out of high school and I am taking 9 credits in total. After Community College I will apply for U of A Pharmacy College and Midwestern. If do not get in than I will go to ASU to get my bachelor in Life Sciences, apply for U of A and Midwestern again. If that time I don't get in than I will apply for the physician assistant program at NAU. I want to minimize the time in school as much as possible so that my debt wouldn't be so high.

Outside of school, I volunteer at John C. Lincoln in the pharmacy department once a week. When Fall semester rolls again I am planning on apply at Walgreen for pharmacy tech trainee.

This is my plan so far, I consider it as like my rough draft. If there is any advices or tips that I can improve, change, or add to that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time in helping me on this matter.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I know that there have been many people that have posted something along this line on SDN before. I have taken a look at it and go many great advice from those forums. However, I would like to know if my plan for preparing for pharmacy school is right or not.

My plan right now is to attend a Community College for 2 years that includes summer semester too. Which I am doing right now, right out of high school and I am taking 9 credits in total. After Community College I will apply for U of A Pharmacy College and Midwestern. If do not get in than I will go to ASU to get my bachelor in Life Sciences, apply for U of A and Midwestern again. If that time I don't get in than I will apply for the physician assistant program at NAU. I want to minimize the time in school as much as possible so that my debt wouldn't be so high.

Outside of school, I volunteer at John C. Lincoln in the pharmacy department once a week. When Fall semester rolls again I am planning on apply at Walgreen for pharmacy tech trainee.

This is my plan so far, I consider it as like my rough draft. If there is any advices or tips that I can improve, change, or add to that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time in helping me on this matter.

The most important factor is achieving at least a 3.5 GPA in your situation. You will also need to plan to take the PCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)