20% All incoming UCLA 2017 Class Complete Free!

Started by WW2010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wow.

This thread started out discussing a great gift by a philanthropist to a med school, which will benefit hundreds of students like you and me. Now we've turned it into a political discussion about the validity of food stamps and welfare?:wtf:

My viewpoints are centrist and meaningless to this debate, so I'm going to bow out until this thread returns to the original topic.
 
Wow.

This thread started out discussing a great gift by a philanthropist to a med school, which will benefit hundreds of students like you and me. Now we've turned it into a political discussion about the validity of food stamps and welfare?:wtf:

My viewpoints are centrist and meaningless to this debate, so I'm going to bow out until this thread returns to the original topic.

I'm just waiting for Godwin's law to be fulfilled.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sure it would have done more good for the homeless, but the man is free to do what he likes with his money. You can't expect everyone to be so brutally quantitative with their charity. It will always have some emotional connection as well that gives it personal meaning (even if only ideologically) to the benefactor.
 
A guy gives away $100mil and people whine about him not giving it away fairly enough........just wow
 
I think I am the only one incredibly sad to hear this piece of news. Reason being UCLA is only 1 of 2 interviews I have so far. This is going to attract so many more top applicants and make it so much more competitive this year to get in @_@ I hope this doesn't destroy my chances 🙁