UCLA Missed 15 day deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Los Angeles, CA University of California Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine Average GPAGPA 3.67 Average MCATMCAT 514 IS tuitionIS $52,763 OOS tuitionOOS $65,008 Application feeFee $100 UCLA-Geffen Details Interview Feedback School Secondaries

dolphinsmasher4

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My UCLA secondary invite (7/15) went to spam, so I never saw it. The reminder email (7/22) landed in my inbox and said I had 15 days, so I mistakenly thought the countdown started then. When I went to submit, the portal was already locked. I emailed admissions explaining what happened. Has anyone had luck getting the portal reopened in a situation like this?
 
My UCLA secondary invite (7/15) went to spam, so I never saw it. The reminder email (7/22) landed in my inbox and said I had 15 days, so I mistakenly thought the countdown started then. When I went to submit, the portal was already locked. I emailed admissions explaining what happened. Has anyone had luck getting the portal reopened in a situation like this?
They have been very firm on this deadline in the past, sorry you missed this one.
 
Admissions offices expect you to monitor email spam boxes for the last 20+ years. At this point, you probably missed the boat. All you can do is ask. That's why some programs rely on their portals, but you still need to check your email for notifications.

This is a proxy of how you will respond to official emails as a student. Not a professional look.