2003 Applicants. . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jamaican MD

G.I.T.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are YOU getting ready for the whole admissions process?

:)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Jamaican MD

Admissions process? We are still trying to figure how the best way to ace the mcat :laugh:

After hurdle #1, then I will worry about hurdle #2

Originally posted by Jamaican MD

I'm currently jotting down ideas for the personal statement, nothing really firm, just ideas. I don't have a starting paragraph nor a complete sentence yet.

Going to town with the letter of recs as soon as I get back to my college. MCAT is out of the way, just need to get the other crap.

Members don't see this ad :)
As a 2002 applicant for 2003, beyond learning what the timeline for the process is, the MCAT should be your main concern. Everything else is really not that important right now.

I would also keep up with your research, clinical, and other ECs.

Lastly, ask for your LORs before this month is out. Seriously, it is not too early. There are many of us who had their application delayed because we waited too long to ask for them, and the recommendors dragged their feed on sending them. Get them now unless there is a good reason to wait.

My main focus right now is the MCAT. Other than that like the above poster stated getting my LORs' submitted to my pre-med advisor and continuing with volunteering and lining up research for the summer, Mayo here I come!

I've taken up a hobby (crocheting) and I've started a new exercise program. Not the traditional way to prepare but besides taking the April MCAT (which I study for 6 days/ week in some way), I can't think of a better way to begin a stressfull year!