2004 ADA Annual Session - Orlando, FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yah-E

Toof Sniper
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's considering going? I registered already and plan on going. I know a lot of ASDA dental students are going from Univ. of FL and my school, Nova. Any other dental students plan on going? I believe our Dean will give us those days off.

It's on Sept. 30th - Oct. 3, 2004.

Party SDN ADA style? :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning on attending :)

I am going as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
We should all meet in CityWalk at Pat O'Briens for drinks on Saturday night!

:thumbup:

How many students from UF are going? I know there will be 20 or so of us from Nova going! This year Henry Schein paid for our entire D3 & D4's ASDA membership so a lot more people are excited about the ADA session. Nova is not one of those US dental schools that automatically charge you ASDA membership dues within their school's tuition. Previous years, we only have about around 50% ASDA membership, but now, both D3 and D4s are 100% ASDA thanks to Henry Schein!

I assume about the same ...maybe 30-40 students. I heard Schein was giving money for membership but I didn't know how much. Maybe you guys are the lucky ones and get 100% paid for but i will have to see what we get. The dues are not part of the tuition at all at UF. However there is about 70% or so of the entire student body affiliated with it. So you will most definitely meet 1DN, 2DN, 3DN, and 4DN students there.

Anyone else going besides just FL schools?

I wish I could go... :(

Does that count? :rolleyes:

grtuck

Yah-E said:
Anyone else going besides just FL schools?

we can hold it down southern style. Should be interesting.

grtuck it does count. :rolleyes:

We're too busy enjoying all that Boston, a real metropolis, has to offer to go your little conference.. :smuggrin:

j/k.. I'm from Orlando, I am kind of tired of that town. Not sure anyone is going from B.U.

gatorfan99 said:
We're too busy enjoying all that Boston, a real metropolis, has to offer to go your little conference.. :smuggrin:

j/k.. I'm from Orlando, I am kind of tired of that town. Not sure anyone is going from B.U.

Just wait for Yankee Dental in Boston at the end of January :D I'm just glad that year in and year out that there aren't video cameras in Dick's Last Resort in Copley Plaza ;) And more importantly that the hotel I saty in is connected to Copley Plaza for the stagger back to the room at 3 AM :eek: :D

Andy, what exactly does one do at an ADA Annual Session?
I hope clinics are going well for you. Drop me a line sometime.
-Andy 2

Sweet Standford, I'll get to meet you finally!

Big:

Clinic is frustrating! Getting my patients in and data collecting is absolutely pain in the @ss. Between getting signatures to sign off each step of the way is freaking horrendous. After almost 2 months in clinic, I have not done DENTISTRY! I've been doing nothing but collecting data on my patients or treatment planning. Once I get all of my patients treatment planned, I will have plenty to do. For example, just one of my patients, I'll get to do:

1. Full upper denture
2. mand. RPD
3. two crowns
4. a prophy
5. 7 restorative procedures (comps & amalgams)

But it's getting my patients treatment planned is the pain in the @ss part.

Now onto your question, at an ADA convention, students go to seminars, go to the exhibits (vendors), meet big time dental people, and meet other dental students. And oh, people add this to their CVs as well. It's nothing structured and you do pretty much what ever you want to do. I'll be there for the social aspect of it (meet other dental students). I don't plan on attending any seminars or courses. Dentists usually do a lot of their CE credits at these annual conventions. Hope things are going well. I'll be seeing Tammy and Mikel this week, they're in Miami. We'll be in touch!

Andy #1

Is there anything there that's useful for a pre-dental student that is currently going thorugh the application process. I thought about going, but it is going to be expensive for me since I'm in San Francisco.