2004 edition of dental decks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orthowiz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anybody know how different is the latest(which i presume it to be 2004)
dental decks from 1998 edition?

Members don't see this ad.

hi
well check 2001 decks it is better than 2004 thats how i feel !!!

since i have only 1998 decks(decks says 92 95 98 copyright)i was always having this feeling that i may be missing a lot of info from the latest versions.
your reply has been very informative and make me feel more relaxed.
l have been through the kaplan review book one and now i'm doing dental decks,also doing released paper side by side.
so,personally doyou think i'll be missing too much information if i dont read 2001 version?
thanks for the quick reply,appreciate it a lot.

mekha said:
hi
well i have 95 ,98 ,2001 and 2004 decks with me , well all have different points 98 decks is good, 2001 is little more explanatory and 2004 decks is ok too
personally i like 2001 decks. and 98 decks lack some points but it has some xtra points that 2001 decks or 2004 decks doesnt have so one way whatever u study be thorough with it. 95 decks is not that explanatory

I personally recommend 2001 decks
one eg efsa (ESNOPHILIC SLOW RESACTIN SUB OF ANAPHYLAXIS) is seen in 98 decks but not in 2001 and 2004 ,check cells in 98 decks IN ANATOMY .
does ur decks says 92 95 98 copyright?

EXTRA READING IS THE MUST PART GUYTON ,BRS ON EVERY SUB
KAPLAN , QUESTIONS WITH XPLAN , PILOT ALL USMLE REVIEWS
OCCLUSION BOOKS
AND A WELL PLANNED STUDY TIMETABLE

I would recommend anatomy ,physiology , biochem ,patho ,micro , and dental antomy in this order so u can corelate and study

Members don't see this ad :)
i wud go 4 a 2001 or a 2004 decks just to boost my confidence :)

Do a search for the threads that I have written...i've done an extensive review of the difference between the 2001 and 2004 decks, as i have used both...

Khurram said:
Do a search for the threads that I have written...i've done an extensive review of the difference between the 2001 and 2004 decks, as i have used both...
Hmmm..there is a slight differnce in cards ....2004 has abt 50 cards more(not sure).
Hey,Khurram,how are u ??Long time no see....

Hi meetlife,

Are u sure that there are 50 NEW cards????? :confused:
I remember sharmila had posted a few before..last year...!!
in the 2001decks- contains around 1094 ....cards
.if anyone has 2004 cards can they post excatly how many new ones are present!!??
Thanks ..please help!! :confused:
TZ

meetlife said:
Hmmm..there is a slight differnce in cards ....2004 has abt 50 cards more(not sure).
Hey,Khurram,how are u ??Long time no see....

Hi,

I thought they ony had 7-8 cards more than 2001 edition of decks!!!
This is from deckscorp!!
Does anyone have 50 cards more!!!!???? :confused:
Thanks
Vrnda

Dental Decks Part I consists of 1,103 comprehensive flashcards. They are organized to review the following topics:

Anatomic Sciences
Microbiology/Pathology
Biochemistry/Physiology
Dental Anatomy and Occlusion

Each card has an abbreviation located in the upper right corner. This abbreviation corresponds to the major topic discussed on each card. There is a legend card which is located at the front of each section that defines the abbreviations. This indexing system now provides students with an easy method of referring back to certain cards or topics as needed.

Hi
anyone having 2004 cards ..can u post how many new cards are there?
Vrnda

Vrnda said:
Hi
anyone having 2004 cards ..can u post how many new cards are there?
Vrnda
it has9 flash cards more than 2001 i suppose makin it 1103