2004 Total Science Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2004 Total Science Score

• 14 or lower

Votes: 2 2.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 6 5.9%

Votes: 5 5.0%

Votes: 19 18.8%

Votes: 20 19.8%

Votes: 18 17.8%

Votes: 11 10.9%

Votes: 7 6.9%

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • 25 or higher

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

Rezdawg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its safe to say that this section of the DAT is more important than the QR or RC sections of the DAT. My AA is good, but it is not telling the whole truth because I received high marks in the QR and RC sections of the exam. This will be a more accurate interpretation of our DAT scores. With that said, lets see where the entering class of 2004 stands.

Members don't see this ad.

I have 22 total science score:
21 - bio
22 - gen chem
29 - org chem

woohoo! didn't miss any org chem questions.

Do you think admissions committees care more about the TS score than the PAT score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by comatose
Do you think admissions committees care more about the TS score than the PAT score?

I think each school would be different here. You would have to ask them. If it were up to me, I would value the TS more than the PAT. You can call the ADEA and see what they think:
(202)-667-9433. It would be interesting to see what they say.

at my UCONN interview, they told me that TS was the most imp score out of all the sections for their school.

Originally posted by Zurich5
I think each school would be different here. You would have to ask them. If it were up to me, I would value the TS more than the PAT. You can call the ADEA and see what they think:
(202)-667-9433. It would be interesting to see what they say.

I agree, each school is different. Baron's has a book that shows what sections of the DAT certain schools put emphasis on. I think its Baron's Guide to Med/Dental schools. Most schools look at either the AA or TS as the most important and then the PAT as second most important. Some schools though put a lot of emphasis on sub-subjects or other sections such as bio or reading.

Baron's has a book that shows what sections of the DAT certain schools put emphasis on. I think its Baron's Guide to Med/Dental schools. Most schools look at either the AA or TS as the most important and then the PAT as second most important.

I think the $25 buck that Baron book cost was the most poorly spent $25 bucks I have ever spent. That books stats are all five years old and arenot even accurate. The practice Dat is a joke. Dont waste your money. At my school, I could have just photocopied better information from the reserved deck.

Yulp, I bought Baron's a week before taking the DAT...whoops. I don't think it's worth the money, although it did help a little bit w/ pat.

Interview is the most important of all. It doesn't matter if you made 25 on AA or any thing. One of my interviewer asked if I took kaplan, and then went on saying the test(DAT) is just a recycle. I don't know base on what fact he said that. When I asked another faculty, they said they don't have a formula to scale the students, but DAT/GPA are just 10% of scale. So for you guy who didn't get high on DAT or GPA, could rest assure you could get in some where if you have a good communication skill, talk good things that interviewers want to hear. This may apply to the school I was interviewed.

Originally posted by Thaxil
I think the $25 buck that Baron book cost was the most poorly spent $25 bucks I have ever spent. That books stats are all five years old and arenot even accurate. The practice Dat is a joke. Dont waste your money. At my school, I could have just photocopied better information from the reserved deck.

I think you guys are talking about two different books. There is one that prepares you for the DAT and could be the worst book in the history of books. There is another that is a guide to dental school. Its solid.

The ONLY book you'll want to purchase when it comes to finding out about the various dental schools is the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools.

You can get it on their website, and it's like getting information straight from the horses mouth.

Originally posted by ItsGavinC
The ONLY book you'll want to purchase when it comes to finding out about the various dental schools is the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools.

You can get it on their website, and it's like getting information straight from the horses mouth.

You have a link Gavin?

Members don't see this ad :)
The book I speak of is supposed to be an updated edition, and its actually pretty informative. And its in no way inteded to be a study guide for the DAT. It breaks down which schools put emphasis on gpa, DAT, interview, etc... Its probably useless to buy the book for all of us who have already applied, but next time you're at Barne's or Borders or something, take a look at it--I found it pretty useful. It also shows how many of out of staters schools accept.

Originally posted by Zurich5
Yulp, I bought Baron's a week before taking the DAT...whoops. I don't think it's worth the money, although it did help a little bit w/ pat. You could buy 1/2 an 8th for that much right Thaxil...j/k cheech.... :laugh:

Lots of mistakes in that book. If you're using it, be careful 'cause many answers of the tests are incorrect. The Reading and Math sections are very good though.

Originally posted by jjdaddy
I have 22 total science score:
21 - bio
22 - gen chem
29 - org chem

woohoo! didn't miss any org chem questions.

woh.. I guess organic is not that important in the Total Science calculation.

I got 21 Total Science with
22 bio
20 gen chem
19 org chem

People ! ... concentrate on your Biology section. your efforts will pay off !!!!!!! :D :D :D

by the way ... in several interviews I have attended, Adcom would heavily favor high Total Science score. They didn't even look PAT score according to dir of admission at Baylor.

I thought it was a straight average of the scores. Larry if you average 19, 22, 20 the average is 21. My worked out to be just an average as well. The same for AA, which was just an average of all the scores. So, I do not think at the TS score places any emphasis on sections.

A 29, 22, 21 should equal 24? or I am wrong again.

I thought it was a straight average of the scores. Larry if you average 19, 22, 20 the average is 21. My worked out to be just an average as well. The same for AA, which was just an average of all the scores. So, I do not think at the TS score places any emphasis on sections.

Im thinking what you are thinking.

bumping all the polls

this one looks like J lo's A55

TS is NOT the average score of bio, gen chem, and orgo.
TS is calculated based on how many questions you got right out of the total 100 science questions, so if you get perfect score on science section, your score would be:
bio: 30
gen chem: 29
orgo: 29
TS: 30

However, I think AA is avg of all the scores except PAT(bio, gen chem, orgo, QR, RC)... It worked out that way on my score...

Originally posted by ohcdn
this one looks like J lo's A55

Dude, get your mind out of the gutter..........Oh, wait--now I see it..........sweeteeeet. :eek: :eek: :D

hahaha...that was pretty funny...:laugh: