Which recommendation letter from a science professor is better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ptsouth

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I have a question regarding the recommendation letter from a science professor.
Ideally, I would like to receive a "Personalized letter," but unfortunately, I can only submit one of the following two "Generalized letters":

1) Molecular and Cell Biology II (one semester): Received an A grade. The TA will write the recommendation letter, which can be cosigned by the Faculty. (The TA might include some personalized content.)
2) Organic Chemistry I, II (two semesters): Received an A- in both semesters. The Faculty will write the letter. (This letter is likely to be more generalized.)

Both seem similar, but if I had to choose between 1) and 2), which recommendation letter would be better to submit?

Thank you.
 
Hello,
I have a question regarding the recommendation letter from a science professor.
Ideally, I would like to receive a "Personalized letter," but unfortunately, I can only submit one of the following two "Generalized letters":

1) Molecular and Cell Biology II (one semester): Received an A grade. The TA will write the recommendation letter, which can be cosigned by the Faculty. (The TA might include some personalized content.)
2) Organic Chemistry I, II (two semesters): Received an A- in both semesters. The Faculty will write the letter. (This letter is likely to be more generalized.)

Both seem similar, but if I had to choose between 1) and 2), which recommendation letter would be better to submit?

Thank you.
Welcome to the forums.
Do you have a committee letter process? What other letters are you soliciting that are more personal?
 
Welcome to the forums.
Do you have a committee letter process? What other letters are you soliciting that are more personal?
Yes. I have a committee letter process.
I hope I will get a little personalized letter from a professor of physics lab whom I am taking this semester.
In addition, I will get a letter from a professor of biostatistics whom I am taking this semester, but I guess it will also be a generalized letter.
 
Last edited: