2005 Application Cycle for International Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IntlMed

Almost Hritik !!!!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK .. Here we are, getting prepped up for the 2005 application cycle. I want to start a thread with all the International students out there on SDN (I know there are tons :D )..
Post your stats and where you are from .. and what schools you are planning to apply to. Oh .. by the way .. If you are a Non-traditional, please make sure you include that in your message.

GOOD LUCK !!

Note: 2005 AADSAS-on-the-Web - Available May 17, 2004

Members don't see this ad.

heh,
I am int.students applying for next year. ( Columbia, NYU, BU, NOVA, Tufts, Temple, USCF, UOP.

Awuah29 said:
heh,
I am int.students applying for next year. ( Columbia, NYU, BU, NOVA, Tufts, Temple, USCF, UOP.

well i am sure the applicants in the cycle after you will be glad you mentioned your stats :laugh:

people, the whole idea of posting your stats is to help applicants the year after you. if you really do wanna help your fellow students, then you should post your stats according to the format given in the 1st post in this thread. otherwise, its of no use to know who wants to go where.

Members don't see this ad :)
PERFECT3435,
You hit the bulls eye.. :D .. People. Please share your stats in this post and the schools you are applying to.. and I know there are more INtl students out there.. so.. start posting.. :thumbup:

i am applying this year..

overall 3.38
science 3.44

DAT
16 pat
18 RC
21 bio
21 gchem
25 ochem
21 AA
22 Science

I will be applying to a lot of private schools and UCLA and UCSF (probably i won't get interviews from them, but i will just try)

International Students are those, who are not US citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card). Practically this means, everybody who is here in the US on some kind of a Visa. You are considered an Intl Student even if you are in the process of becoming a Permanent Resident :( .
Canadian Citizens are usually considered Intl Students, but lets not forget all the folks from China, India, Taiwan, Philippines, Carribean etc..

also from South Korea. :) yeah baby

IntlMed said:
International Students are those, who are not US citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card). Practically this means, everybody who is here in the US on some kind of a Visa. You are considered an Intl Student even if you are in the process of becoming a Permanent Resident :( .
Canadian Citizens are usually considered Intl Students, but lets not forget all the folks from China, India, Taiwan, Philippines, Carribean etc..

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

Korean bro?

I live in Canada, but also a Korean.

Let's rock fellow Koreans~!

Now fellow intl. students. Where are you all applying ? Thus anyone know if UMDNJ accept intl. students ? I think they don't because they still haven't change their policy. I need also a list of schools that accepts intl. students
hans

t12kim said:
i am applying this year..

overall 3.38
science 3.44

DAT
16 pat
18 RC
21 bio
21 gchem
25 ochem
21 AA
22 Science

I will be applying to a lot of private schools and UCLA and UCSF (probably i won't get interviews from them, but i will just try)

I think UCLA only accepts US citizen and residents. Correct me if i am wrong.

yea, this is true about UCLA.

also, UCSF only accepts students who have gone to university in the US...as I found this out the long and expensive way after paying to apply there :oops:

shingshing said:

shingshing said:

You are correct, as the above poster mentioned. That thread was over a year old, however. If anybody is interested in more current information, check the International Dental forum (LOTS of students applying over there!).

Can anyone plse help me!
I have a bachelor's degree in Mol Bio from Univ. TX dallas, 3.5 gpa, honors program, lots of activities, lots of dental shadowing (but done in Kuwait), working on getting in some shadowing here in the states; also have research. I am international so they will be more stringent in my case. Will take Dat Aug 30- am applying right away.

Extra-curriculars: student government- senator, committee chair, tons of other stuff like being in the committee that chooses the dept dean.

Research: I researched drugs at the tissue culture level that could be potential treatment for neurodegenerative diseases.

Working on DAT!

I need to knw this:
1) What schools am I likely to get into? Is there any way I can call and find out where to apply to even be considered? (financial constraints)
2)Is there a great advantage in applying through your pre-health advisory committee? I already graduated- I hope they won't hold a non-AC application against me.
3)How can I find a cosigner for a loan?
4) In general what you think of my credentials: strong, good, fair, bad, poor?

-catchmehere44