2005 Application Cycle for International Students

IntlMed

Almost Hritik !!!!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2003
Next to Case !!
    OK .. Here we are, getting prepped up for the 2005 application cycle. I want to start a thread with all the International students out there on SDN (I know there are tons :D )..
    Post your stats and where you are from .. and what schools you are planning to apply to. Oh .. by the way .. If you are a Non-traditional, please make sure you include that in your message.

GOOD LUCK !!

Note: 2005 AADSAS-on-the-Web - Available May 17, 2004

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 22, 2003
    Indianapolis
    1. Dentist
      Awuah29 said:
      heh,
      I am int.students applying for next year. ( Columbia, NYU, BU, NOVA, Tufts, Temple, USCF, UOP.

well i am sure the applicants in the cycle after you will be glad you mentioned your stats :laugh:

people, the whole idea of posting your stats is to help applicants the year after you. if you really do wanna help your fellow students, then you should post your stats according to the format given in the 1st post in this thread. otherwise, its of no use to know who wants to go where.

About the Ads

t12kim

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Mar 18, 2004
        i am applying this year..

overall 3.38
        science 3.44

DAT
        16 pat
        18 RC
        21 bio
        21 gchem
        25 ochem
        21 AA
        22 Science

I will be applying to a lot of private schools and UCLA and UCSF (probably i won't get interviews from them, but i will just try)

IntlMed

Almost Hritik !!!!!
        7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Nov 18, 2003
        Next to Case !!
          International Students are those, who are not US citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card). Practically this means, everybody who is here in the US on some kind of a Visa. You are considered an Intl Student even if you are in the process of becoming a Permanent Resident :( .
          Canadian Citizens are usually considered Intl Students, but lets not forget all the folks from China, India, Taiwan, Philippines, Carribean etc..

Henna

Moderator Emeritus
          Verified Expert
          15+ Year Member
          Dec 3, 2001
          California
            IntlMed said:
            International Students are those, who are not US citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card). Practically this means, everybody who is here in the US on some kind of a Visa. You are considered an Intl Student even if you are in the process of becoming a Permanent Resident :( .
            Canadian Citizens are usually considered Intl Students, but lets not forget all the folks from China, India, Taiwan, Philippines, Carribean etc..

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

Awuah29

Christian predent
            7+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Oct 13, 2003
            New Jersey
              Now fellow intl. students. Where are you all applying ? Thus anyone know if UMDNJ accept intl. students ? I think they don't because they still haven't change their policy. I need also a list of schools that accepts intl. students
              hans

shingshing

10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Apr 13, 2005
                t12kim said:
                i am applying this year..

overall 3.38
                science 3.44

DAT
                16 pat
                18 RC
                21 bio
                21 gchem
                25 ochem
                21 AA
                22 Science

I will be applying to a lot of private schools and UCLA and UCSF (probably i won't get interviews from them, but i will just try)

I think UCLA only accepts US citizen and residents. Correct me if i am wrong.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
                15+ Year Member
                Oct 7, 2001
                Arizona
                1. Dentist
                  shingshing said:
                  I think UCLA only accepts US citizen and residents. Correct me if i am wrong.

You are correct, as the above poster mentioned. That thread was over a year old, however. If anybody is interested in more current information, check the International Dental forum (LOTS of students applying over there!).

catchmehere44

7+ Year Member
                  15+ Year Member
                  Mar 6, 2003
                    Can anyone plse help me!
                    I have a bachelor's degree in Mol Bio from Univ. TX dallas, 3.5 gpa, honors program, lots of activities, lots of dental shadowing (but done in Kuwait), working on getting in some shadowing here in the states; also have research. I am international so they will be more stringent in my case. Will take Dat Aug 30- am applying right away.

Extra-curriculars: student government- senator, committee chair, tons of other stuff like being in the committee that chooses the dept dean.

Research: I researched drugs at the tissue culture level that could be potential treatment for neurodegenerative diseases.

Working on DAT!

I need to knw this:
                    1) What schools am I likely to get into? Is there any way I can call and find out where to apply to even be considered? (financial constraints)
                    2)Is there a great advantage in applying through your pre-health advisory committee? I already graduated- I hope they won't hold a non-AC application against me.
                    3)How can I find a cosigner for a loan?
                    4) In general what you think of my credentials: strong, good, fair, bad, poor?

-catchmehere44

About the Ads
                    This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    7. This thread is locked.