2006- 87%,Please in put all my SDN friends .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistry

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all my SDN friends
I have got my NBDE Part 1 score of 87% in Dec 2006means old pattern.
MY ECE Gpa is just 2.5.
My part 2 score is 81% .
toefl is 104.
some 2 CE courses in implant.
Since that time i am applying to schools and wasting my lot of money .
got interveiw call from 2 -3 university and got never ended waitlisted position. Same thing from 2 year . now applied again this year.
But having no hopes. Now my scores sound very old my gpa low . and no status in USA. what , How , FInacial criasis, and family burdens.

I dont know from where to start and what to do .
ITs kind of very big questionmark in front of my future and my life.

I make a humble request to all my SDN friends , please post your suggestions open heartedly.
Advice me what ?
Wheather i should take part 1 again or leave as it is .
My heart is broken , I dont have strength to concentrate and work hard. i am in depression and feel like quit and go back .

I am only going to make my decesion after your suggestion . Please dont hesitate to write a very bitter veiws too.
But please guide me what can i do.
I have a great hope from all of u.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

To all my SDN friends

I am only going to make my decesion after your suggestion . Please dont hesitate to write a very bitter veiws too.
Thanks

Do not lose hope. You are close to your destination, seems that your luck is not in your favour.
I know people selected in last years with score less than 86 (old) with very less clinical experience.

Retake part 1 or prepare for practical depending upon the preference and immediate need.

You have already spent about 20 K and about 12 effective months to get it.
You are just 6 months away from your destination. Just give 6 more months to your profession and get your part 1 done before the New Year eve.

I hope you will share about your acceptance with us very soon.

Best wishes!:thumbup:

To all my SDN friends
MY ECE Gpa is just 2.5.
My part 2 score is 81% .
toefl is 104.
got interveiw call from 2 -3 university and got never ended waitlisted position. Same thing from 2 year . now applied again this year.
But having no hopes. Now my scores sound very old my gpa low . and no status in USA. what , How , FInacial criasis, and family burdens.

I make a humble request to all my SDN friends , please post your suggestions open heartedly.
Advice me what ?
My heart is broken , I dont have strength to concentrate and work hard. i am in depression and feel like quit and go back .

Thanks

Your scores are not bad at all, and u have part 2 as well. I think USC, LLU and possibly UoP/UC Denver will call u for an interview, and after that its all on your hand skills. I'd recommend u taking a bench exam course at Duggan or UCLA or UMDNJ. You will increase ur chances of admission if u do well on the bench exam.

Also try getting your evaluation from other agencies like WES and AACRAO. They might give u a higher GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
To all my SDN friends
MY ECE Gpa is just 2.5.
My part 2 score is 81% .
toefl is 104.

Advice me what ?

Thanks

hi dentistry
I also suggest you try hands on some bench preparatory course or a perceptorship program like in ucla since you said your gpa is low make up for it by adding more credits to your resume and im sure you will get some where , cos some schools looks at the whole package not just the scores so i suggest you try this thats all i can say cos I know people who got with less scores but its all luck and what god's plans are for you .So i suggest you try this and see what happens anyways good luck

Your profile looks decent.
The low GPA can easily be improved with WES.
If you have already applied this year then maybe giving the part 1 again won't help this year.
You should concentrate on the positives and keep an positive approach to everything.
Expect an interview this year and start preparing for it..
Im sure you'll get in somewhere this year.

Thank you Friends.
I have read your veiws . and u know what i think i have every thing except my luck.
and what i felt weakness in myself is iam not good in communication skills and may have not performed well in interview.
Because ,
I have very good clinical hand. As i practiced lot. May be in exam due to fear i may not perform good but i am verygood in clinincs typodont teeth.
my WES gpa is 3.5, And thats why i called by colorado and usc.
BUt waitlisted
I did preceptorship in implantalogy from UCLA. in sep 2007.
I have dental assisting experince here and my doctor write recomendation letter.

With all this i am apply every year with same story.

Now the concern is , i have already applied wverywhere with the hope some thing positive in future. but i am thinking i will retake my part before January
but but
I am very scared wheather i will improve my score or iwill loose this also.
Please my friends advice me for this cruical stage . because i am already looser and dont have much strength left in me .
Please guide me how i should approach to my future.

I again thank everyone who devoted some time to show me the different ways. but what to do , i have tried everything.
Thanks to everone and waiting for your replies.

Thank you Friends.
I have read your veiws . and u know what i think i have every thing except my luck.
and what i felt weakness in myself is iam not good in communication skills and may have not performed well in interview.
Because ,
I have very good clinical hand. As i practiced lot. May be in exam due to fear i may not perform good but i am verygood in clinincs typodont teeth.
my WES gpa is 3.5, And thats why i called by colorado and usc.
BUt waitlisted
I did preceptorship in implantalogy from UCLA. in sep 2007.
I have dental assisting experince here and my doctor write recomendation letter.

With all this i am apply every year with same story.

Now the concern is , i have already applied wverywhere with the hope some thing positive in future. but i am thinking i will retake my part before January
but but
I am very scared wheather i will improve my score or iwill loose this also.
Please my friends advice me for this cruical stage . because i am already looser and dont have much strength left in me .
Please guide me how i should approach to my future.

I again thank everyone who devoted some time to show me the different ways. but what to do , i have tried everything.
Thanks to everone and waiting for your replies.
Same is happening with me. I don't have wonderful stat but I'm determined to get into some program.I am not aiming at DDS for sure. I have passed part 1 & 2 with 81 & 84, toefl 95, gpa 2.87ece wes 3.43, 4 yrs experience as gd in home country, did a certificate program in esthetic dentistry back home, 6 months volunteering in US, 1 yr DA, right now volunteer research assistant. Twice I tried for dds with this stat, dint help. I think my problem is my communication skill, I m seriously working on that. I have given total facelift to my SOP, I have applied to 25 programs for 2010, most of them are certificate program in dentistry, (preceptorship , mini residency, aegd, graduate certificate in orofacial pain) many of these programs require only toefl, very good sop, good cv with good US experience, some volunteering, evaluated transcripts, and if u have taken ndbe it wouldn't hurt to submit, but in many instance they waive ndbe for ftd's for instance GPR program at the university of Puerto rico waive ndbe for ftd's at the sametime they look for preceptorship experience. I strongly feel that dds is not the only way to go. No doubt people with low stat get in to dds program, for some it may not be the only option. Sometimes we should go out of the way to achieve what we want, perhaps it will be time consuming definitely worth it. All we need is a starting point to go from there. If I fail I am not gonna stop and thats y u r not alone.

To all my SDN friends
MY ECE Gpa is just 2.5.
My part 2 score is 81% .
toefl is 104.

Advice me what ?

Thanks

I don't know what does it mean to you to go back home and where this home is, but:

1. I had a friend with green card who went back home after few yearas of trying. He used to say that there are things more important than DDS in USA. Today the guy is married and having kids. What could be better ???

2. I alsomt gave up in 2007 and my family took a decision to go back if nothing happens by the end of that year. For some reason or other my wife got accepted and we moved to USA. Today when I turn around I see 8 years of my life spent on this north American DDS. Never ask me should I do it again. Never ask me that question.....

3. I have family, kids, parents. I believe they need me as much as I need them. Things can be right even if we don't have everything in our lifes. Things are ment to be like this and we have to accept them at certain point, if we don't want to turn our lifes into a nightmare.

BUT everyone takes his decisions by himself. Good luck and don't forget it is almost always not about grades, or grades are only to get invitation. Then all that matthers is the way you present yourself. I met in Colorado a guy who was invited for a third consequtive year and not accepted again - means it is not about grades ot hand skills even. It is about you and the way you can sell yourself. That's my opinion. GOOD LUCK.

I agree with the guy who said there is more than just DDS.
come on guys, we are doctors! we are smart people!

In my opinion anyone who hasnt gotten in on the first attemp shiould definately apply to diff programmes.

Infact, In minnisota, Utah etc u can get a limited licence with ur home country degree.. why not look at something like that.

If DDS happens, Great!
if not, there are always other ways!

GO FOR IT!

Hey Dentistry, I want to tell you that this is so normal that you didnt make it, this doesnt mean at all that there is no hope, I suggest that u dont retake any of the board exams, ur scores r pretty good.

write a good personal statement and add many staff, nobody knows anything about ur past, and my biggest advise is, apply to USC , they invite quite a big number to the interview, and then take courses for the practical exam with Dougan, it is very popular course in california, it really helps, I didnt take it but my friends who took it all got in. so I think that's the way, apply to USC and probably u will get interview, then contact me after getting invited, I will help u as much as i can.

Same is happening with me. I don't have wonderful stat but I'm determined to get into some program.I am not aiming at DDS for sure. I have passed part 1 & 2 with 81 & 84, toefl 95, gpa 2.87ece wes 3.43, 4 yrs experience as gd in home country, did a certificate program in esthetic dentistry back home, 6 months volunteering in US, 1 yr DA, right now volunteer research assistant. Twice I tried for dds with this stat, dint help. I think my problem is my communication skill, I m seriously working on that. I have given total facelift to my SOP, I have applied to 25 programs for 2010, most of them are certificate program in dentistry, (preceptorship , mini residency, aegd, graduate certificate in orofacial pain) many of these programs require only toefl, very good sop, good cv with good US experience, some volunteering, evaluated transcripts, and if u have taken ndbe it wouldn't hurt to submit, but in many instance they waive ndbe for ftd's for instance GPR program at the university of Puerto rico waive ndbe for ftd's at the sametime they look for preceptorship experience. I strongly feel that dds is not the only way to go. No doubt people with low stat get in to dds program, for some it may not be the only option. Sometimes we should go out of the way to achieve what we want, perhaps it will be time consuming definitely worth it. All we need is a starting point to go from there. If I fail I am not gonna stop and thats y u r not alone.

Well it's true, DDS is not the only way to go but it's kinda the only logical option. Especially if you have a very limited budget, you don't really want to have to spend a lot of money on programs that won't even give you the right to practice right away but they may or may not increase your chances of being accepted in a DDS program.
I've only started applying this year but i'm really scared about what's going to happen...I'm hoping for the best.

I might have considered a different route as well if it wasn't for the lack of funds. DDs programs are expensive as hell andyway but at least u can practice and pay your loans afterwards....

Good luck Dentistry with whatever you choose.:xf: