2006 Applicant Stats Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sprgrover

Pulped out Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised to not see a new stat page for the upcoming cycle already, so I'll initiate one for all of those SDNers entering into the 2006 application cycle and hopefully the class of 2010 (somewhere). Here is the 2005 Applicants Stats Page for reference. This is a thread not only for you, the applicants to post your honest numbers, but also get a feel for what is in other's files and what schools are on their lists. It's also a way to catalogue past application cycles so that other guests in the future can track your progress but also get a better feel for what certain schools are looking for in matriculants so please feel free to come back and edit/update your posts (e.g. when you get an acceptance). Below is the template to use - simply cut and paste it into your post to utilize it.

Standard Format:

Undergrad Ed
:
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA:
Science Undergrad. GPA:
Graduate Ed: (if applicable)
Cumulative Graduate GPA
: (if applicable)
Science Graduate GPA: (if applicable)

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT
2nd DAT: Academic, Science, PAT (if applicable)

Extracurricular/Research Activities
:

Schools Applied:

AADSAS Submitted Date:

Schools Received AADSAS Date: (approximate date)

Interview Invites
:

Denied:

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted:

Accepted
:

Members don't see this ad.

Ok I’ll be the first then.

Undergrad Ed:BS in Chmeistry (GSU)
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 4.0
Science Undergrad. GPA: 4.0
Graduate Ed: N/A
Cumulative Graduate GPA: N/A
Science Graduate GPA: N/A

1st DAT: 24/24/22
2nd DAT: Won't need this sucka.

Extracurricular/Research Activities:200+ hrs of shadowing, play tabla, play soccer, 100+ hrs of volunteering, will TA for OChem 2 this summer, was a event coordinator for GA State Science Olympiad Middle School Tournament, active participant in Chemistry and AMSA clubs.

Schools Applied: U Penn, U Conn, Columbia, Temple, MCG, Nova, NYU, BU, U Louisville, Tufts, UNC.

AADSAS Submitted Date: May 23, 2005

Schools Received AADSAS Date: (approximate date) ?

Interview Invites:?

Denied:?

Withdrew Application:?

Waitlisted:?

Accepted:?

Undergrad Ed: University of Florida, BS Biochemistry, minor in entrepreneurship
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.9
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.8

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT (not taken yet)
2nd DAT: Academic, Science, PAT

Extracurricular/Research Activities: 100+ hours of dental experience, shadowing, and volunteering in dental clinics and private practices, volunteer chemistry and math tutor (my worst subjects on the DAT though), volunteer youth basketball referee, ASDA, licensed skydiver, skydiving club, PTK, organic chemistry tutor - through UF.

Schools Applying to: UF, UMD, Columbia, NYU, Nova, UNLV, UCLA, UPENN

AADSAS Submitted Date: ASAP

Schools Received AADSAS Date: N/A

Interview Invites: Hopefully alot

Denied: N/A

Withdrew Application: N/A

Waitlisted: N/A

Accepted: SOON ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
:sigh:

i hope you two aren't the typical applicant for this cycle. a lot us might be in deep doo doo...

I guess I have to do this for the second year in a row. Here goes!

Undergrad Ed
: Marketing
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.6
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.37
Cumulative Graduate GPA[/B]: N/A

1st DAT: 18/19/18
2nd DAT: Mid-August

: 50+ hrs shadowing, full-time job

Schools Applied:Oklahoma, UNLV, Colorado, Creighton, Marquette, Nova, VCU, UMKC, Louisville, Tufts....possibly Arizona, Case, LLU

AADSAS Submitted Date: Will be June 1st

Waitlisted by several schools for 2005. It doesn't look like I'll get in so this year I'm retaking DAT because of 14 QR, and getting more shadowing experience this summer.

organichemistry said:
:sigh:

i hope you two aren't the typical applicant for this cycle. a lot us might be in deep doo doo...

Usually SDNers have higher stats than the chunk of applicants out there. One reason may be that those willing to research their options and seek advice on places such as SDN are also serious about putting in the time to earn high stats. Don't fret too much. :)

Not too many people have these kinds of stats and donot forget some of these folks lie as well. But u should get motivated by the high achievers rather than getting jealous. Its their hard work which brought them to this level. What were u doing in your undergrad, I bet partying like I did.........................hehehehehehhe. Just work hard right now and stay away from spicy food to avoid ulders.

2pac-

plazaday said:
this thread is giving me ulcers :eek: :( :eek:

2pac said:
Not too many people have these kinds of stats and donot forget some of these folks lie as well. But u should get motivated by the high achievers rather than getting jealous. Its their hard work which brought them to this level. What were u doing in your undergrad, I bet partying like I did.........................hehehehehehhe. Just work hard right now and stay away from spicy food to avoid ulders.

2pac-

i am err..motivated. just SCARED OUT OF MY MIND. but motivated. :scared:

also don't forget that people are more likely to jump out there and post their stats if they have good ones. people with low stats can sometimes be too embarrassed to post them even on an anonymous board and so you will see especially at the beginning a disproportionately large number of good stats.
that said, there is no doubt that the standards really are rising each year so if your stats are bad, quit slacking and start bringing them up to give yourself a decent chance :thumbup:

Biogirl361 said:
also don't forget that people are more likely to jump out there and post their stats if they have good ones. people with low stats can sometimes be too embarrassed to post them even on an anonymous board and so you will see especially at the beginning a disproportionately large number of good stats.
that said, there is no doubt that the standards really are rising each year so if your stats are bad, quit slacking and start bringing them up to give yourself a decent chance :thumbup:

:runs off to frantically last minute-study for final :scared:

everyone on here is too cool for Skool!

HD

Everyones Stats are soo high!!!

Here's mine..

Undergrad Ed: University of Toronto (Major: Neuroscience)
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.3
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.0

Graduate Ed: (if applicable) n/a
Cumulative Graduate GPA: (if applicable) n/a
Science Graduate GPA: (if applicable) n/a

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT (15/14/12) .. Horrible!
2nd DAT: Taking the Canadian DAT again in October

Extracurricular/Research Activities:
Dental receptionist (3years), 500+ hours shadowing experience, work for Ontario Dental Association, humanitarian work completed in rural India, Indian classical dancing (7+ years), Pre-dental society, Womens shelter work, Food bank work, VP of cultural association, volunteer work completed at local hospital, volunteer lab work... can't think of anything else right now..

Schools Applied: NYU, BU, UPENN, UDM, Indiana Univ, Nova & Meharry

AADSAS Submitted Date: Will submit in August after summer grades..

Interview Invites:

Denied:

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted:

Accepted:

Members don't see this ad :)
Man!!! You guys all suck!!! I've lost all hopes now!!! Anyways, here are my stats...this should make almost every one feel better about themselves (except me of course) :scared: :scared:
Standard Format:

Undergrad Ed: UCI
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.04
Science Undergrad. GPA:2.9
Graduate Ed: CC
Cumulative Graduate GPA: 3.8
Science Graduate GPA: 3.6

1st DAT: 17, 17,18
2nd DAT: 17, 18,16 :( (if applicable)

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Alot

Schools Applied: Almost all

AADSAS Submitted Date: Nov 2004

Schools Received AADSAS Date: 12/2004

Interview Invites: NoNe

Denied: so far about 10

Withdrew Application: about 10

Waitlisted: NONE

Accepted: NONE

Don't lose hope folks, people with bad-stats have gotten in before (I'm a frigging prime example)... they're very major, though not the sole element to your application

Undergrad Ed: University of Southern California. Major in Biology minor in Buisness
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.47
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.4

1st DAT: 21/21/19
2nd DAT: retaking if I don't get accepted

:
1st Violinist in USC Orchestra, 6 week intership in USC Advanced Periodontics Department, +200 hours shadowing, Lots volunteeer work with USC moblie clinics and Ayudas. UCLA denture laboratory.

Schools Applied
: Too many, but Loma Linda is my 1st choice.

AADSAS Submitted Date
: May 19

Schools Received AADSAS Date
: July 8

Interview Invites
:

Denied:

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted:

Accepted
:

Undergrad Ed: University of Massachusetts, Amherst - anticipated B.S. in Biology, Minor in Economics in 2006
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.4
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.0

1st DAT: Will take in end of July 2005
2nd DAT: I hope I don't have to take it again.

Volunteer/Shadow/Assist at a local dental office, Council Representative and Community Service Chair of my sorority, BioScience Club, and Peer Mentoring Program.

Schools Applied: Tufts (#1 choice), UPENN, BU, NYU, Columbia, and Case.

AADSAS Submitted Date: Will apply in June

Interview Invites:

Denied:

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted:

Accepted:

wow. everyone's got such awesome stats. :oops:

Undergrad Ed: University of Delaware major in Biology, minors in Chemistry and Biochemistry (Diploma Spr 06)
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.55
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.40
Graduate Ed: (if applicable) (if i don't get into dental school)
Cumulative Graduate GPA: (if applicable)

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT 21/21/18 :D

Extracurricular/Research Activities: 2 years as undergraduate researcher (listed as 4th author on paper awaiting publication - research presented at IADR / AADR in March 05), playing guitar for 3 years, 75+ hours of shadowing, volunteer club (50+ hours at homeless shelters), Yoga Club, Student Activities Board, Teaching Science to little kids, and invitations to about 6 honors societies (i'm too cheap to join) ;)

Schools Applied: will be Temple (#1 :love: ), Penn, Pitt, Maryland, UConn, Tufts (possible), BU, SUNY - Stonybrook, UMDNJ

AADSAS Submitted Date: will be before June 1

Interview Invites:

Denied:

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted:

Accepted:

This should all make you feel better :)

Undergrad Ed: First 2 years @ Brandeis University, last 2 @ SUNY-Stony Brook, anticipated B.A. in Psychology in August 2005
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.40
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.10

1st DAT: 18/18/15 :scared:

Extracurricular/Research Activities: 2 E-Boards, worked in a biology and biopsychology lab, gen chem lab TA, many volunteer activities, typical stuff...

Schools Applied: NYU, Tufts, SUNY- Buffalo, SUNY-Stony Brook, Columbia, UPenn, CWRU, UPitt, BU, UMDNJ, Temple

AADSAS Submitted Date: JUNE

Interview Invites: SUNY STONY BROOK, BOSTON, UMDNJ

Denied:

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted:

Accepted:

I admire the fact that you are honest about your scores.
Mam, if you are persistant you will do wonders in life. Make sure you get in touch with schools for their inputs if nothing happens this year. :thumbup:

Nikkigirl said:
Man!!! You guys all suck!!! I've lost all hopes now!!! Anyways, here are my stats...this should make almost every one feel better about themselves (except me of course) :scared: :scared:
Standard Format:

Undergrad Ed: UCI
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.04
Science Undergrad. GPA:2.9
Graduate Ed: CC
Cumulative Graduate GPA: 3.8
Science Graduate GPA: 3.6

1st DAT: 17, 17,18
2nd DAT: 17, 18,16 :( (if applicable)

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Alot

Schools Applied: Almost all

AADSAS Submitted Date: Nov 2004

Schools Received AADSAS Date: 12/2004

Interview Invites: NoNe

Denied: so far about 10

Withdrew Application: about 10

Waitlisted: NONE

Accepted: NONE

Undergrad Ed: BS in Biology; Minors in Chemistry and Art @Union College in Schenectady, NY

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.99

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.98

Graduate Ed: (if applicable) N/A

Cumulative Graduate GPA: (if applicable) N/A

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT - 22/24/20

Extracurricular/Research Activities: 100+ hours for dental experience (shadowed an orthodontist, oral surgeon, and at a clinic), dental assistant in Jamaica for one week, President of the Biology Club, President of the Pre-Health Society, Ambassador for prospective students, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Orientation Advisor, Chem Crisis Tutor, private tutoring for organic chemistry, chemistry lab technician over the summer, Dental Outreach at a community center, Seward Fellowship Scholar (drew a series of scientific stippling drawings comparing the dentition in five mammalian orders), Phi Beta Kappa as a junior, published in the school's art magazine, and writing a senior thesis

Schools Applied: U Penn (my favorite), Columbia, U Conn, Harvard, Tufts,
U Michigan, and U of I

AADSAS Submitted Date:

Interview Invites:

Denied:

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted:

Accepted:

MSZ said:
Undergrad Ed: BS in Biology; Minors in Chemistry and Art @Union College in Schenectady, Ny

Extracurricular/Research Activities: 100+ hours for dental experience (shadowed an orthodontist, oral surgeon, and at a clinic), dental assistant in Jamaica for one week, President of the Biology Club, President of the Pre-Health Society, Ambassador for prospective students, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Orientation Advisor, Chem Crisis Tutor, private tutoring for organic chemistry, chemistry lab technician over the summer, Dental Outreach at a community center, Seward Fellowship Scholar (drew a series of scientific stippling drawings comparing the dentition in five mammalian orders), Phi Beta Kappa as a junior, published in the school's art magazine, and writing a senior thesis

U Michigan, and U of I

AADSAS Submitted Date:

Interview Invites:

Denied:

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted:

Accepted:

Man those are some wicked stats.

MSZ said:
Undergrad Ed: BS in Biology; Minors in Chemistry and Art @Union College in Schenectady, Ny

U Michigan, and U of I

AADSAS Submitted Date:

Interview Invites:

Denied:

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted:

Accepted:
I'm glad we're not applying to the same schools.... ;)

Undergrad Ed:
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA:
Science Undergrad. GPA:

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT

Schools Applied:USC, BU, MARQUETTE, NYU, CREIGHTON, TUFTS, HOWARD

AADSAS Submitted Date: 01-16-05

Schools Received AADSAS Date: 02-10-05

Interview Invites: USC, MARQUETTE, NYU, BU

Denied: TUFTS, CREIGHTON

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted: BU

Accepted: BU, USC, NYU, MARQUETTE

2pac said:
I admire the fact that you are honest about your scores.
Mam, if you are persistant you will do wonders in life. Make sure you get in touch with schools for their inputs if nothing happens this year. :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice. Lets pray my honesty and persistant will get me in this year :D .

[B]Undergrad Ed:Microbiology & Cell Sci.
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 4.0
Science Undergrad. GPA: 4.0
Cumulative Graduate GPA: (if applicable)4.0
Science Graduate GPA: (if applicable)4.0

1st DAT: April 2005, 22/22/22

Extracurricular/Research Activities: ~90 hrs shadowing and volunteering, 2 yrs part-time science tutor at school, volunteer at local hospice and Big Brother and Big Sisters, 1 yr on-going Behavioral Medicine Psy Research. Members of those pre-health clubs.

Schools Applied: Nova, NYU, UF, Boston, Columbia, Tufts, Temple, UPenn

AADSAS Submitted Date:

Interview Invites:

Denied:

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted:

Accepted:
[/B]

Guys, I know my GPA and DAT scores look good, but I'm really uncomfortable w/ my extracurriculars. I never was a committee member of any clubs, and didn't do much outsdie of school. I feel like I need to do something, but don't know what to do. By the way, my RC was 18, because English is my second language. I don't know how hard they'll take it.
I need some advise, please :)

Hey you should be fine, that GPA and DAT are excellent, do you go to UF?

dexadental said:
Hey you should be fine, that GPA and DAT are excellent, do you go to UF?

yeah, I go UF. you too right? maybe we should get to know each other :)

Undergrad Ed: Clarkson University B.S. Chemical Engineering
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.0
Science Undergrad. GPA: 2.9
Science Graduate GPA:N/A
Post Bac. GPA: 4.0 (61 cr. hrs.)

1st DAT: 21AA/23TS/20PAT
2nd DAT:

Extracurricular/Research Activities: 33 hrs shadowing, 1 yr. paid EMT, 2 yrs. volunteer firefighter/EMT, 1 yr. caretaker, 6 mo. phlebotomist

Schools Applied: IUSD, UOP, USC, UOL, Creighton, UDM, SUNY Buffalo, NYU, BU, Hawaii

AADSAS Submitted Date: 5/24

Interview Invites:

Denied:

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted:

Accepted:

I am very new to this website and therefore I am freaking out. I see everyones stats, and it seems that either they are lying or trying to get others scared. If people cant get in with a science gpa of 3.4 then there is something else wrong.
I am applying to 30 schools, mainly because I am honeslty scared of not getting in. I do have a high overall gpa (3.5) and a fair science gpa (2.9-3.0) I havent taken the DAT yet (June) and that is the reason I am applying to so many schools. To anyone out there who actually knows what they are talking about.... please let me know what you think, do I have any chance whatsoever, or and I wasting $ by even applying at all???
I have volunteer exp., more then imaginable and have worked for numerous foundations throughout my college life.
please give me so uselful information, anything is useful at this point...
god bless

2thluvr said:
I am very new to this website and therefore I am freaking out. I see everyones stats, and it seems that either they are lying or trying to get others scared. If people cant get in with a science gpa of 3.4 then there is something else wrong.
I am applying to 30 schools, mainly because I am honeslty scared of not getting in. I do have a high overall gpa (3.5) and a fair science gpa (2.9-3.0) I havent taken the DAT yet (June) and that is the reason I am applying to so many schools. To anyone out there who actually knows what they are talking about.... please let me know what you think, do I have any chance whatsoever, or and I wasting $ by even applying at all???
I have volunteer exp., more then imaginable and have worked for numerous foundations throughout my college life.
please give me so uselful information, anything is useful at this point...
god bless

WOW :scared: that must be well over $2000 just for applications. If you are applying to 30 then you must have some of the upper tier schools in your list. If you are really scared about getting in with your grades (which by the way are decent) I would suggest taking those schools out and not wasting your money. Check stats for schools you have chosen on http://dentalstats.150m.com/main.html.

why didn't i find this forum sooner!!! this is the most helpful thing i've ever encountered. i'm new here (hallo ;) ). i just took my dat yesterday. not sure if it's competitive enough. a lot of the stats here are breath-takingly impressive... any imput/guidance would be much appreciated.

Undergrad Ed: Johns Hopkins University, BA Neuroscience
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.49
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.38

1st DAT: Academic 20, Science 19, PAT 18

Extracurricular/Research Activities: spent a couple weeks shadowing dentist. have relatives who are dentists. used to volunteer at hospital (100hrs). involved in church ministries. doing martial arts (2.5yrs, sounds more impressive than it is :p ). work as sr. lab tech at Hopkins School of Public Health. was semi TA for a lab taken by hopkins 1st year med students (even if it was only for 3 days :D )

Schools Applied: UMaryland, UIowa, Tufts, UPenn, UMichigan, USC, Loma Linda, UCLA

AADSAS Submitted Date: ASAP

Interview Invites:

Denied:

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted:

Accepted:

THESE STATS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY! :mad:

ISN'T THERE ANYONE HERE TO REPRESENT THE UNDER 3.0 CLUB? :confused:

SHOULD I BE NERVOUS? :scared:

HOW MANY PEOPLE DO YOU THINK HAVE THESE KINDS OF STATS? :confused:

OH WELL :(
thats life :D

Undergrad Ed: Georgetown - BS in Biology, minor Psychology
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.15
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.1

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT - 22/21/22

Extracurricular/Research Activities: 100+ hours shadowing, Captain of college track team, 4 years of varsity in cross country, indoor track and outdoor track, 2+ years of "professional" running, skilled potter, several years of work experience in the business world.

Schools Applied: Washington, UOP, San Fran, Maryland

AADSAS Submitted Date: Soon :)

Undergrad Ed: Biochemisty @ University of California Davis
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.40
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.37

1st DAT: AA22/NS22/PAT23
2nd DAT: I am so done with this.

Research - 15 hours/week
Internship - 80+ hours
TA for zoology lab
Started a club (American Institute of Biological Sciences)
Active member of various clubs

Schools Will be Applying to:
UCSF
UCLA
USC
UoP
UPenn
Columbia
NYU
UWash

Might add...
Harvard
UConn

AADSAS Submitted Date: 10/19

Undergrad Ed: UCD major in Bio-science emphasising NPB
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.59
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.58

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT = 24/24/24
2nd DAT: N/A

Extracurricular/Research Activities: 200+ hrs shadowing and volunteer expereince. 100+ hrs lab and other internship expereince.

Schools Applied: UCSF, UCLA, USC, UOP, Harvard, U Penn, U Washington, UNLV, NYU, Arizona

AADSAS Submitted Date: Hopefully before June 1st

Schools Received AADSAS Date: N/A

Interview Invites: N/A

Denied: N/A

Accepted: N/A

Standard Format:

Undergrad Ed: La Sierra University
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.4
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.2

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: 18, 17, 17 (Didn't Study)
2nd DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: retaking in July (Finished Kaplan)

Extracurricular/Research/Work Activities:
- 200+ Hours dental shadowing
- 40 Hours of emergency room volunteering
- 60 Hours EMT volunteering
- 20 Hours Family Glen Haven Assisted Living Center
- Chief Executive Officer: From 1998 to the present I have successful founded and managed an e-commerce company consisting of 5 employees with annual net sales of 1.8 million.

Schools Applied: Loma Linda, UNLV, TUFTS, U. of Pittsburgh, Arizona, UOP

AADSAS Submitted Date: May 16, 2005

Interview Invites:N/A

Denied:N/A

Undergrad Ed: Brigham Young University-Idaho
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.85 (Junior and Senior cum gpa ~ 3.98)
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.87
1st DAT: Taking mid june

Worked at food banks, receiving, organizing, and distributing goods, distributed food to the homeless through Mama's Hands in Seattle, prepared and served food at a homeless shelter, served as a full-time missionary in Raleigh, North Carolina, answered phones and cleaned rooms at Ronald McDonald House, volunteered at the Sunshine Center home for the elderly, volunteered at a fire station, cleaning station and trucks, volunteered at the YMCA helping with after-school tutoring programs, volunteer as a Cellular Biology teacher’s assistant and peer tutor, tutor Chemistry, Organized and taught a DAT prep class at my university, sing in a choir to the elderly at nursing homes, observed Glen Trinka DDS a General Dentist in Seattle numerous times 60 hours, observed John C. Ive DDS, MSD an Orthodontist in Seattle 8 hours, Interned with Boone Allen DDS a general dentist 100 hours, member of the Northwest Palomino Baseball Championship Team, Woodinville High School SAT 1200 Club, American High School Math Exam top scorer at Woodinville High School; Graduated in top 10% of Washington State graduates; Scholarship for Ski Club involvement and GPA; National Deans List; Fall of 99, Ricks College Deans List; Fall 99, Fall 00, Winter 01, Received a Service award from the Hope Mills, NC Kiwanis Club, BYU-Idaho Deans List; Fall 03, Winter 04, Fall 04, BYU-Idaho Half Tuition Scholarship for Junior year, Member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society at BYU-Idaho; 2005

Schools Applied: UW (1st choice), Harvard, NYU, Tufts, Columbia, BU, UNC, UMD, UCONN, UOP

AADSAS Submitted Date: Before June 1st

This is my first post on SND. I posted my stats above and was wondering if any current UWSoD students could let me know where my DAT scores should be at to be competitive for acceptance. Thanks

cl24uw06 said:
This is my first post on SND. I posted my stats above and was wondering if any current UWSoD students could let me know where my DAT scores should be at to be competitive for acceptance. Thanks

Welcome to SDN! While I am not attending UW I would venture to say that as long as your scores are 20+ and you are a resident you stand a very good chance at your #1. Best of luck!

Undergrad Ed: Penn State - B.S. Bioengineering
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.48
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.51

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: Scheduled for late June
2nd DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: hopefully not necessary

Extracurricular/Research/Work Activities:
- 100+ hours of shadowing
- 80+ hours of Predental Society
- 60+ hours Biomedical Engineering Society
- Senior Mentor to incoming freshmen engineering majors
- 4 years of Intramural soccer and basketball

Schools Applied: Tufts, BU, Harvard, UConn, Columbia, Temple, UPenn, Case Western, Maryland, Michigan

AADSAS Submitted Date: May 17, 2005

Interview Invites:N/A

Denied:N/A

Undergrad Ed: Biology, Virginia Tech
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.82
Science Undergrad. GPA:3.8

1st DAT: Academic: 21, Science: 21, PAT: 24

Extracurricular/Research Activities: dental assistant for 2 summers, 12 dental mission trips to Latin America, volunteer at the free clinic

Schools Applied: Virginia Commonwealth, Alabama, and Nova

I am applying as a junior (a year earlier than normal), so I'm not sure what kind of difference that will make.

These GPAs are spectacular! Keep on posting! Bump Bump!

cl24uw06 said:
Undergrad Ed: Brigham Young University-Idaho
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.85 (Junior and Senior cum gpa ~ 3.98)
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.87
1st DAT: Taking mid june

Worked at food banks, receiving, organizing, and distributing goods, distributed food to the homeless through Mama's Hands in Seattle, prepared and served food at a homeless shelter, served as a full-time missionary in Raleigh, North Carolina, answered phones and cleaned rooms at Ronald McDonald House, volunteered at the Sunshine Center home for the elderly, volunteered at a fire station, cleaning station and trucks, volunteered at the YMCA helping with after-school tutoring programs, volunteer as a Cellular Biology teacher’s assistant and peer tutor, sing in a choir to the elderly at nursing homes, observed Glen Trinka DDS a General Dentist in Seattle numerous times, observed John C. Ive DDS, MSD an Orthodontist in Seattle, member of the Northwest Palomino Baseball Championship Team, Woodinville High School SAT 1200 Club, American High School Math Exam top scorer at Woodinville High School; Graduated in top 10% of Washington State graduates; Scholarship for Ski Club involvement and GPA; National Deans List; Fall of 99, Ricks College Deans List; Fall 99, Fall 00, Winter 01, Received a Service award from the Hope Mills, NC Kiwanis Club, BYU-Idaho Deans List; Fall 03, Winter 04, Fall 04, BYU-Idaho Half Tuition Scholarship for Junior year, Member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society at BYU-Idaho; 2005

Schools Applied: UW (1st choice), Harvard, NYU, Tufts, Columbia, BU, UNC, UMD, UCONN, Hawaii, UOP

AADSAS Submitted Date: Before June 1st

you know your gpa rocks. slay the DAT and the world is your oyster. Maybe I'm biased, but I think BYUI is easier to maintain a high gpa or something than its sister school in provo. I've just seen a lot of high gpas from rexburg get deflated once they hit the provo campus. but thats just my take, what really matters is what the adcoms think, and since you are probably one of the first applicants to d-school from byui, your dat score will have a lot to say about any possible grade inflation. so rock the dat and represent rexburg!!!! btw, do your hw on Hawaii before you spend the money to interview/ send app fee, etc. :)

Undergrad: UNLV
GPA - 3.72
Science GPA - 3.69
DAT : THIS SATURDAY!!!! 2 DAYS!!!

Schools going to apply to: UNLV, UOP, USC, UW, NYU, AZ... probably more after further research..

AADSAS date: as soon as possible after DAT