2007 NC Med Schools Application Thread Part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to Forum policy, threads with over 1000 posts are closed and continuations are opened.

The original thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=295608

Will now be continued here. Congrats to everyone!

Thanks,
Dr.Bowtie

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear anything yet?

I got in to ECU, but I'll be turning down the offer to head to Tulane. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist. I know how it feels this was my third go around and finally things panned out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Happy 16th!

Hopefully someone hears from UNC today!

DANG! This thread is SO DEAD right now.... maybe i should throw out a nugget of information to bring it back to life. ;)

So, UNC is finally pulling people off the waitlist... a couple of people have already received calls...

Now it is just a matter of time before they call you....

.... or me :D

Good Luck :luck:

DANG! This thread is SO DEAD right now.... maybe i should throw out a nugget of information to bring it back to life. ;)

So, UNC is finally pulling people off the waitlist... a couple of people have already received calls...

awww mannnnnn! that sucks! I hope theres more coming in our directions!

awww mannnnnn! that sucks!

why does that suck? You may be the next in line to receive a call. Look on the brite side... at least there are people getting in off the waitlist this year.

A couple of weeks ago, I seriously believed that everyone accepted to UNC were planning on attending. Over 20 students have decided to go elsewhere...I am sure there will be several more.

You're right, that was a moment of weakness...

Congrats to all those that got off the waitlist!

That's crazy, because I would think there are still letters regarding the alternate list that are being mailed in, because the letter was supposed to be postmarked by the 15th...

That's crazy, because I would think there are still letters regarding the alternate list that are being mailed in, because the letter was supposed to be postmarked by the 15th...

There probably are some letters still coming in. However, I wouldn't want to be one those people waiting to the last minute to return my waitlist letter.

Like I said before, I would be quite surprised in we don't hear something from someone on SDN by the end of the week.

I just called UNC and the person on the phone said there hasn't been any movement on the Waitlist since they haven't gotten in responses and no rank's been assigned either...so i don't know how people already got off the waitlist...unless he was lying

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called UNC and the person on the phone said there hasn't been any movement on the Waitlist since they haven't gotten in responses and no rank's been assigned either...so i don't know how people already got off the waitlist...unless he was lying

Sure... why not?

Anyhow, there is not official ranking of the waitlist. Yes, there is a ranking, but it is all subject to Dean Hoole's discretion. He makes the final decision about who gets off the waitlist.

Hey, can we ALL vote on this thread? I am getting tired of scrolling through all the posts looking for the NC thread. Usually, I just look for the 4-5 stars on the side. :cool:

Hey, can we ALL vote on this thread? I am getting tired of scrolling through all the posts looking for the NC thread. Usually, I just look for the 4-5 stars on the side. :cool:
I agree

ok, i just realized that we can subscribe to the thread. its under thread tools if anyone wants to know :)

greeniz and IDontKnow,

I hope you both get into UNC. You both have been adamant in this application process and have put in a lot of effort in calling the ADCOMM office, finding out info, etc...

Whatever you do, don't lose hope.

Thanks for the kind words celltech...I hope things work out for everybody

Thanks celltech, I sincerely hope that we call all get together after our first year at UNC and laugh about our obsession with this thread.

May 17th, 2007. I finally got the call...2nd time around was the charm.

For those of you who are applying during the 2007-2008 admissions cycle [envisioning a group of fanatic SDNers next year searching through this thread for signs of hope], I just want to let you know that if I can do it, you can do it. IT'S POSSIBLE. Keep the faith and never give up on your dreams.

SDN is a great resource for asking general questions, preparing for interviews, and learning more about medical school applications. However, I would be cautious about taking personal advice from its members. Find out what you need to do from the people that know best and become an ACTIVE APPLICANT.

Don't deny the power of inquiry/persistance, the power of people, and most importantly, the power of Prayer.

greeniz and IDontKnow.... I will be praying for you.

For those of you who are applying during the 2007-2008 admissions cycle, I just want to let you know that if I can do it, you can do it. IT'S POSSIBLE. Keep the faith and never give up on your dreams.

SDN is a great resource for asking general questions, preparing for interviews, and learning more about medical school applications. However, I would be cautious about taking personal advice from its members. Find out what you need to do to get into med school by becoming an ACTIVE APPLICANT.

Don't deny the power of inquiry/persistance, the power of people, and most importantly, the power of Prayer.

OMG!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much greeniz.. i am praying that you get a call as well.

"Ain't know fun if the homies can't get none." That what my friends always say... different context however... LOL

For those of you who are applying during the 2007-2008 admissions cycle [envisioning a group of fanatic SDNers next year searching through this thread for signs of hope], I just want to let you know that if I can do it, you can do it. IT'S POSSIBLE. Keep the faith and never give up on your dreams.

SDN is a great resource for asking general questions, preparing for interviews, and learning more about medical school applications. However, I would be cautious about taking personal advice from its members. Find out what you need to do from the people that know best and become an ACTIVE APPLICANT.

Congrats!

celltech2000 what are your plans for the summer...i hope you're straight chillin!

CONGRATS CELLTECH2000!!!!!!!!:hardy: :hardy: :hardy:

Now relax and enjoy your summer! (And keep saying little prayers for us in between sips of whatever you're drinking!)

thanks IDontKnow!

Rottiesrock, i haven't forgot about you either... i'll throw some prayers up for you as well.

As for the summer plans, I will be leaving to Malawi, Africa on June 11 and staying for 5 weeks. I will be mostly doing research and networking with NGOs in the capital of Lilongwe. I will definitely try to fit in some RR on the weekends.

Anyhow, I will still be around... lurking through the threads.

thanks again....

Oh my goodness.... CONGRATS celltech!!! I was away for a bit and then I see this. Congrats again, hope to see you there!

CONGRATS CellTech!!! Have fun in Africa, sounds awesome

Our first official off the UNC waitlist and a day later we're back on page 3? :confused:
Let's keep this thread on page 1 so the next one to hear doesn't have to seach for the starred thread through pages and pages!

Hey.... I got into ECU today. Things are looking up.

Congrats DrKD2007!!!!

Congrats to CellTech and DrKD2007. DrKD don't forget to join the ECU 2011 facebook.

Greg

Facebook

Congrats on the recent ECU acceptance

Luck to all waiting to hear good news...:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Let's hope this week is a great one!

Thank you all (greeniz, celltech2000, rottiesrock, PHDMD2B, IDONTKNOW) for the "congrats".

I follow celltech2000... if I can do it, you all can too. Dont give up on your dream to become a Doctor. It took me a while but I got in somewhere.

Good luck to everyone

Got off ECU wait list yesterday (via snail mail). I am very excited, and I hope more good news are on the way to all.

Congrats asieslavida and DrKD2007 on ECU! I'm on the waitlist there and hope to join you in the fall. Do y'all know how big the waitlist is at ECU, or if anyone else you know has turned down a spot there?

Good luck to all still on UNC and ECU waitlists, I know it's tough. Keep the news of acceptances coming!!

I have no idea about how big the waitlist is, but good luck. I'm sure you'll be our classmate soon.

Thanks.

I believe that ECU's wait list is usually the same size as the class (~72) and it is ranked, but there is no way to figure out your position. It will move so keep up the faith.

Congrats on the ECU acceptance Asieslavida.

Greg

I got into ECU last week, on 05/14 and the timing could not be better