2007 NC Med Schools Application Thread Part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to those with recent ECU acceptances! Don’t forget to sign up on the BSOM 2011 face book page.

-will

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats NCGirl 2004!

Congrats NCgirl2004!!!!!!

Does anyone have any news on the UNC waitlist? I've called the office, and they tell me "no movement" which we know is a lie... so how do you get something out of them?

In other news I'm looking for a research job in the Gboro or Chapel Hill/ Durham area. I've posted my resume on Duke HR, does anyone else have any ideas?

Also I think I'm going to start studying for the MCATs again. Sigh, keep the faith waitlisters:)

I just got into ECU off the waitlist, and am so excited!! The letter was dated 5/29 and came to my house in NC thursday 5/31. I was actually working on AMCAS 2008 when I found out!

Best of luck to all those on waitlists or re-applying. I know how frustrating it is waiting and being in limbo for so long, but don't give up. It took me two tries to get in, but with lots of hard work and prayers I made it.

Brody School of Medicine, 2011
:biglove:

Congratulations ncgirl28!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey congrats NCgirl28. Don't forget to join the facebook account. There's lots of info on apartments and books.

Congrats again

Facebook - Brody 2011

Members don't see this ad :)
So, is it just me or is this a slowwwww waitlist year? Gosh, UNC must have been popular this year. Luck to all of us still waiting (and reapplying!). :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

yep its definitely been slow. congrats to those who got into ECU though! perhaps UNC will start moving?

I've been reading this thread for a few months now and I must admit that reading about acceptance after acceptance made me just a tad jealous. Today I got the magic call and couldn't be happier. I was pulled of the Wakelist this afternoon after being told I was in the "top 1/2" and more or less abandoning hope after May 15.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten acceptances since the last time I posted (a long time ago)! I look forward to seeing some of you as my classmates at Brody in the fall, and wish good luck to everyone else who has gotten in, and a speedy acceptance to those who haven't.

I've been reading this thread for a few months now and I must admit that reading about acceptance after acceptance made me just a tad jealous. Today I got the magic call and couldn't be happier. I was pulled of the Wakelist this afternoon after being told I was in the "top 1/2" and more or less abandoning hope after May 15.

Congrats! I am in the same situation you are in right now. Send some of that luck this way.

random question-- i'm on the waitlist at UNC with no acceptances anywhere else. (I only applied to UNC, Wake and ECU since I'm married and my husband works here). my advisors thinks i should skip applying this cycle and wait another year before reapplying. to improve my application i'm retaking the mcats in august and taking a summer physics class so my application wouldn't be in until september. also I'm doing some shadowing and looking for a job in a health care related field (i spent the last year working in a non health care related field)

what do you guys think-- is that too late for this cycle, should I wait to reapply? (I really want to apply this cycle)

Seems you should reapply. If you got on the waitlist it means your application was strong. I'd apply again. GOOD LUCK!:D

Has anyone created a facebook group for UNC Class of 2011?

I have a question that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to, but I'm gonna ask anyways....we're allowed to reapply to schools we are currently waitlisted at correct? It would seem kind of stupid to have to wait until you are taken off the waitlist to submit your application.

I'm waitlisted at WFU right now.

I have a question that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to, but I'm gonna ask anyways....we're allowed to reapply to schools we are currently waitlisted at correct? It would seem kind of stupid to have to wait until you are taken off the waitlist to submit your application.

Actually I'm pretty sure you have to be released from the waitlist in order to regain "applicant" status--this happened to my friend last year. He was on the UNC Waitlist until August, and he had to wait until then to file his new AMCAS application.

Im reapplying ASAP.

Suppose you wait another month or so, in the hopes that you will be the magic WLer who is accepted during orientation for Wake. Suppose it never happens. You are now a month and a half behind in submitting your AMCAS.

That's the sh**tiest thing about waitlists, it is really tough to plan.

What I'm gonna do is submit my AMCAS within another week or so and start the next app process. I really want to get in off the wakelist too bc it is my #1 choice but I know I have to be realistic too.

Good luck to you! Here's to us both getting in.

Im reapplying ASAP.

Suppose you wait another month or so, in the hopes that you will be the magic WLer who is accepted during orientation for Wake. Suppose it never happens. You are now a month and a half behind in submitting your AMCAS.

That's the sh**tiest thing about waitlists, it is really tough to plan.

What I'm gonna do is submit my AMCAS within another week or so and start the next app process. I really want to get in off the wakelist too bc it is my #1 choice but I know I have to be realistic too.

Good luck to you! Here's to us both getting in.

I don't think AMCAS will process your application until you are released from all waitlists, is my understanding.

this is getting depressing the later in June it gets :( perhaps we'll get a few more suprise acceptances!

Hey Guys,
I'm a third year at Wake, and just thought I'd throw out some more encouragment. I didn't get in until June 26th or so. This was well after I had given up hope. The school had even told me earlier in the year that I probably wouldn't get in. Wake's waitlist moves a lot. At least 6 people got in after me as well. Hang in there, and best of luck to everyone. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Philip

thanks:) i had an interview with a doctor at UNC for a research position and she said that the med school was famous for waiting till the last minute. so i have a smiggen of hope. and more hope that i'll get the position that i interviewed for.

Hey Guys,
I'm a third year at Wake, and just thought I'd throw out some more encouragment. I didn't get in until June 26th or so. This was well after I had given up hope. The school had even told me earlier in the year that I probably wouldn't get in. Wake's waitlist moves a lot. At least 6 people got in after me as well. Hang in there, and best of luck to everyone. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Philip

Thanks for the encouragement Deacon. I haven't completely given up hope yet, but it is pretty depressing. Hang in there gboro! Hopefully there's still some luck for us left.

I called to set up an appointment to speak with Dr. Hoole in mid-may, and at that time, the month of june was booked and just so you know, he's out of the office the entire month of july. I couldn't get a date to speak with him until Aug. 1. So, if you're waiting to get off the waitlist, or you were rejected and want to speak with him, it might be a while. Good luck to the waitlisters. I have a feeling you'll all hear something at the last possible moment, and I hope it will be good news!

I'm in at Wake Forest! :D Thanks to everyone for your support and advice throughout! Keep the faith!

I'm in at Wake Forest! :D Thanks to everyone for your support and advice throughout! Keep the faith!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :hardy::hardy::hardy:

You were right - there was some luck still around! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Come on Deacs, Surely you got room for one more..............

someone must have some good news to share. please?