You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2007 Where do we want to match?
Started by SingingKidDoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=181736
As requested, I have created a new thread for this year - those who wish to see the 2005 version including my original ROL can read the older thread.
Those who are unwilling to post their actual sequence perhaps can post the top 3-5 in alphabetical order.
As requested, I have created a new thread for this year - those who wish to see the 2005 version including my original ROL can read the older thread.
Those who are unwilling to post their actual sequence perhaps can post the top 3-5 in alphabetical order.
Here's my list. I was really into CHOP for a week or so, but the idea of Q4 x 11 mon x 3 yrs eventually changed my mind. #1 and 2 have potential to change based on personal matters, but if I was going solely on the programs themselves, I think this is my list.
1. Cincinnati
2. UMich
3. U of C
4. CHOP
5. Rainbow
6. Childrens Memorial
7. Hopkins
8. MGH
9. Boston Combined
10. Denver
11. Milwaukee
12. WashU
1. Cincinnati
2. UMich
3. U of C
4. CHOP
5. Rainbow
6. Childrens Memorial
7. Hopkins
8. MGH
9. Boston Combined
10. Denver
11. Milwaukee
12. WashU
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
here's mine (not exactly in order)! location constraints...
MGH
Tufts NEMC
UMass
St. Christopher's
MGH
Tufts NEMC
UMass
St. Christopher's
Have made this thread a sticky until after the match results are in!
come on - the other specialty boards have more people fessing up. All you unregistered lurkers - lets hear where you're ranking!
To add a bit to the debate, please let us know which of these impacted your decision the most.
1. The quality of the professional sports in the town.
2. The cafeteria food on your interview day.
3. The size and type of TV in the resident lounge.
come on - the other specialty boards have more people fessing up. All you unregistered lurkers - lets hear where you're ranking!
To add a bit to the debate, please let us know which of these impacted your decision the most.
1. The quality of the professional sports in the town.
2. The cafeteria food on your interview day.
3. The size and type of TV in the resident lounge.
1. UCSD
2. Northwestern
3. UCLA
4. DC Children's
5. CHLA
6. UCSF
7. NYU
8. WashU
9. Emory
10. Georgetown
what can i say...i like the beach... 🙂
2. Northwestern
3. UCLA
4. DC Children's
5. CHLA
6. UCSF
7. NYU
8. WashU
9. Emory
10. Georgetown
what can i say...i like the beach... 🙂
1. Stanford
2. UW - Seattle
3. UCLA (CHAT, then Categorical)
4. UCSF (PLUS, then Categorical)
5. U Chicago
6. Boston Combined (Primary Care)
7. Columbia
8. Michigan
9. Vandy
10-12. Children's National/Hopkins/Children's Oakland
*4 - 6 subject to change
*I ordered my list based on how many times I got asked "what questions do you have?" 😛 J/k.
2. UW - Seattle
3. UCLA (CHAT, then Categorical)
4. UCSF (PLUS, then Categorical)
5. U Chicago
6. Boston Combined (Primary Care)
7. Columbia
8. Michigan
9. Vandy
10-12. Children's National/Hopkins/Children's Oakland
*4 - 6 subject to change
*I ordered my list based on how many times I got asked "what questions do you have?" 😛 J/k.
Well - what was the best and/or worst thing a program did as part of the interview day /recruitment process. What do you wish someone told you BEFORE the interview process???
In an order yet to be determined, my top tier is:
Seattle, Stanford, University of Chicago
I love them all, but for very different reasons!
Seattle, Stanford, University of Chicago
I love them all, but for very different reasons!
Trying to still figure it out!
1-3 JH, Stanford, Colorado
4 Seattle
5-7 NW, Vanderbilt, Cincinnatti
Any inputs about the top three would be very much appreciated!
1-3 JH, Stanford, Colorado
4 Seattle
5-7 NW, Vanderbilt, Cincinnatti
Any inputs about the top three would be very much appreciated!
Well - what was the best and/or worst thing a program did as part of the interview day /recruitment process. What do you wish someone told you BEFORE the interview process???
Honestly, most interviews days were pretty well run. Days that started later were nicer when you've been on the road or travelling for a while, or lost in a new city. It's nice when a program gives us a good lunch and the appearance that they are trying to impress. Also, without doubt the programs that I had the most positive impressions of post interview were the ones where RESIDENTS WERE AROUND to talk to. And just like med school interviews, one surly interviewer can turn an applicant off to a program, no matter how awesome or well-regarded it is.
Trying to still figure it out!
1-3 JH, Stanford, Colorado
4 Seattle
5-7 NW, Vanderbilt, Cincinnatti
Any inputs about the top three would be very much appreciated!
I am a PGY-2 at Hopkins. Please let me know if you have any questions - would be happy to answer them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
decided to stop lurking....here is my list (subject to change)
1. Columbia
2. Yale
3. Boston Combined (primary care then the other track)
4. Mt. Sinai
5. U of Chicago
6. U of Mich
7. Northwestern
8. Monte
9. NYU
10. LIJ
11. Brown
12. Jacobi
13. St. Chris
location was pretty important in my decision...i would prefer to be in the city (exception of course is Yale...but is a train ride away from NYC)
Good luck everyone
1. Columbia
2. Yale
3. Boston Combined (primary care then the other track)
4. Mt. Sinai
5. U of Chicago
6. U of Mich
7. Northwestern
8. Monte
9. NYU
10. LIJ
11. Brown
12. Jacobi
13. St. Chris
location was pretty important in my decision...i would prefer to be in the city (exception of course is Yale...but is a train ride away from NYC)
Good luck everyone
1) Alaska
2) Soutern New Jersey
3) Northern Maine
4) Southwestern Wisconson
5) MGH
6) UCLA
7)Boston Childrens
8)CHOP
I'm Really hoping for my number 1!!!
Redpiolet, there is no pediatric programs in alaska,..how come you are ranking it? 😀
I know all you peds people have a sense of humor, i know alaska has no program, and i really have no idea where the program in wisconson is either. 🙂 I'm still working on a list but will likely gravitate towards the northeast as i'm from there and am a red sox fan. Good luck everyone.

I'm gonna go with UW #1.... ahead of CHOP and columbia. one of the best programs in the country that I saw, great housestaff, and obviously - the city rocks!
.
I've really enjoyed reading everyone else's threads. Sorry it took me so long to get in on the fun!
1. OHSU
2. Denver
3. Cinci
4. UTSW
5. Rainbow
6. UTSW
7. New Mexico
8. Dartmouth
9. UT - Memphis
10. MCW
11. UW - Seattle
12. Arkansas
*note - couple's matching
1. OHSU
2. Denver
3. Cinci
4. UTSW
5. Rainbow
6. UTSW
7. New Mexico
8. Dartmouth
9. UT - Memphis
10. MCW
11. UW - Seattle
12. Arkansas
*note - couple's matching
Okay, here it is... way too much thought went in to this, considering how crucial it is that the program want US, right? This is all kind of nauseating, but shopping 😍 helps. I'd be very happy at my top six, and the happiest at any of my top three (debated that order a ton).
1.Children's Memorial (go you, NU)
2. UChicago
3. Rush
4. Stanford
5. Oakland Children's
6. UCLA
7. Loyola
8. Minnesota
9. Monte
10. CHLA
Yeah, location was huge for me; has a lot to do with my sanity!
1.Children's Memorial (go you, NU)
2. UChicago
3. Rush
4. Stanford
5. Oakland Children's
6. UCLA
7. Loyola
8. Minnesota
9. Monte
10. CHLA
Yeah, location was huge for me; has a lot to do with my sanity!
Thanks for the feedback... It is hard to chat someone up who has already been to 6 interviews.... They are little cooked!
Ok, here's my final ROL with an hour to spare before it closes!
1) U Chicago
2) Children's Memorial/Northwestern U
3) Hopkins
4) U Michigan
5) Stanford
6) Rainbow Babies
7) Washington U/St. Louis Children's
8) Mayo
9) Indiana U
10) Rush
Geography is important but I'd also be happy at my top 5. Good luck everybody! It's now out of our hands!
1) U Chicago
2) Children's Memorial/Northwestern U
3) Hopkins
4) U Michigan
5) Stanford
6) Rainbow Babies
7) Washington U/St. Louis Children's
8) Mayo
9) Indiana U
10) Rush
Geography is important but I'd also be happy at my top 5. Good luck everybody! It's now out of our hands!
.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's my list:
1. Baylor
2. UT-Southwestern
3. Johns Hopkins
4. Cleveland Clinic
5. Maryland
6. UT-Houston
7. Georgetown
1. Baylor
2. UT-Southwestern
3. Johns Hopkins
4. Cleveland Clinic
5. Maryland
6. UT-Houston
7. Georgetown
1. Maryland
2. Rochester
3. Buffalo
4. Inova Fairfax
5. VCU
6. Syracuse
7. Geisinger
Good luck everybody!!!!
2. Rochester
3. Buffalo
4. Inova Fairfax
5. VCU
6. Syracuse
7. Geisinger
Good luck everybody!!!!
Have made this thread a sticky until after the match results are in!
come on - the other specialty boards have more people fessing up. All you unregistered lurkers - lets hear where you're ranking!
To add a bit to the debate, please let us know which of these impacted your decision the most.
1. The quality of the professional sports in the town.
2. The cafeteria food on your interview day.
3. The size and type of TV in the resident lounge.
these sound like good enuff reasons to go to a program (to me)...joking of course

Anybody else? Some of you guys posted a lot about programs and I'm curious where you decided to rank. Unagi, gingersnap, flipflopsnsnow, jerseydrgirl, oompaloompa? Good luck to everybody---I hope we all end up at programs where we'll be happy. 🙂
the suspense is killing me
I'm going crazy ... second guessing if I should have put #2, #1, etc. I just want it over with!
As match day comes up, just a few thoughts...
I matched at my third choice. Lots of folks don't match #1 - it isn't a reflection on you and the nice thing is that in pedi, you'll likely do well wherever you match. But, in between all of the celebrating, remember that some of your friends and classmates (and maybe you) will be disappointed on match day, so be nice and thoughtful in the celebrating.
Ultimately, you can become any type of pediatrician or pediatric specialist from any accredited US pediatric program. Lots and lots of fellows at the largest 5 or 10 or whatever Children's hospitals came from small places or less well known ones, including me.
Please let us know where you are going, even if you didn't post your ROL or if you previously weren't an SDN member (since most of the folks who read this forum aren't members). I promise to send a PM to anyone who matches at my institution....
Feel free to post or PM if you aren't happy about match day results too. We're a friendly and supportive group.
Regards
OBP
I matched at my third choice. Lots of folks don't match #1 - it isn't a reflection on you and the nice thing is that in pedi, you'll likely do well wherever you match. But, in between all of the celebrating, remember that some of your friends and classmates (and maybe you) will be disappointed on match day, so be nice and thoughtful in the celebrating.
Ultimately, you can become any type of pediatrician or pediatric specialist from any accredited US pediatric program. Lots and lots of fellows at the largest 5 or 10 or whatever Children's hospitals came from small places or less well known ones, including me.
Please let us know where you are going, even if you didn't post your ROL or if you previously weren't an SDN member (since most of the folks who read this forum aren't members). I promise to send a PM to anyone who matches at my institution....
Feel free to post or PM if you aren't happy about match day results too. We're a friendly and supportive group.
Regards
OBP
Checked NRMP this AM and I matched! Good luck to you all! Now what to do until thursday...
Congrats! Come on all you lurkers....let us know what's going on... This forum typically has 2 members and 15 "guests" reading it, so I know you're there....😀
Yay, I matched too!😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
matched too! (yep, mine still says "certified ROL" in the status box. I assume that will change thursday...?)
Matched!
so far so good. I gotta say though, now Im more stressed out about finding out where Im going. 😳
It is like a damn tease uh?
I agree. I walked around grinning all afternoon though--i can't believe it's happening already!
Good luck everyone, can't wait to find out who the future colleagues will be!
skapone33 and learning2breathe, congratulations. btw....on your nrmp account, the match status....does it still show CERTIFIED ROL in green or has it changed to MATCHED in green? Thanks in advance.
still says 'Certified ROL' in green... good luck and congrats everyone!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K