2008-2009 Temple Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its under a header entitled "AMCAS LoR Processed" where it has my processed date as 7/21. Underneath that it has the usual red "no letters processed at this time"

I believe they have one spot for letters from the AMCAS service and one for letters not sent through AMCAS. AMCAS on top, non-amcas on bottom.

Members don't see this ad.

This is one of the most confusing status pages I have seen. Under Status and Information, it just says verified. But, under Supplemental, it says that they have received my application. Then under Materials, it says they have my app, fee, lor. So odd.

I believe they have one spot for letters from the AMCAS service and one for letters not sent through AMCAS. AMCAS on top, non-amcas on bottom.

That's weird? I thought you are only supposed to send the letters to AMCAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, mine now has my four LOR writers under it with a receipt date (same day that I submitted my secondary). Do they send out an e-mail saying the application is complete or should I assume that it is complete right now?

does it say AMCAS and Non-AMCAS?

Mine also says "no letters have been processed" right below "AMCAS letters have been processed"

does it say AMCAS and Non-AMCAS?

Mine also says "no letters have been processed" right below "AMCAS letters have been processed"

Mine now reads "AMCAS Letters of Recommendation Processed" with the four letter writers below. Then below that there's a line saying "Non-AMCAS Letters of Recommendation Processed" and right below that it says "No letters processed at this time."

Status is still "verified."

Mine now reads "AMCAS Letters of Recommendation Processed" with the four letter writers below. Then below that there's a line saying "Non-AMCAS Letters of Recommendation Processed" and right below that it says "No letters processed at this time."

Status is still "verified."

Yeah, thats what mine looks like. The description below says that once letters are received you are reviewed. I guess it means complete,

So, I'm curious... if we're going to be doing clinical rotations at some place 4+ hours away from Philadelphia, are we basically moving to the new place in our 3rd/4th year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also under review but my 7/18 MCAT score hasn't come in yet...all schools will wait for it before they make any final decisions, right? I hope I am not just assuming this...

For those of you that have their temple app "complete" I was wondering how long it took from submitting the secondary and having your LOR received.

My secondary was sent 7/28 and my LOR were received 8/9. Should I call them to see whats taking so long to have me complete. My status still says "verified"

Thanks.

nevermind

Last edited:
I have been complete since 8/12...but still under review. Should I take this as a rejection? :confused:

So, I'm curious... if we're going to be doing clinical rotations at some place 4+ hours away from Philadelphia, are we basically moving to the new place in our 3rd/4th year?

I believe they and many other schools pay for your apt where your rotations are, while most people keep paying for their apt in the city where the school is. This way you can come back on the weekends or whenever you have time off.

Does anyone have any advice/experiences/thoughts/whatever about the Temple interview? Anyone go last year?

The interview feedback from the last couple of years is sparing, so I thought I would look for more info if anyone has some.

I had an issue with payment of the secondary app fee, as some others did earlier in this thread - after I submitted, there was no payment option. Did anyone figure this out?

Is any one there on the same boat?

Also still under review, but I've only been complete since 8/21.

I've been under review for almost a month now... which definitely sucks. But if Temple is like other schools, they say to allow 6-8 weeks for a decision to be made.
ughhhh

Now, the status page says if you have been invited for interview.

Does anyone have any advice/experiences/thoughts/whatever about the Temple interview? Anyone go last year?

The interview feedback from the last couple of years is sparing, so I thought I would look for more info if anyone has some.
bumpity bump bump... just looking for general information - how much do they factor in the interview, how long it took to hear back, etc.

Still no interviews decisions? I was marked under review on Saturday... I wonder if they work on weekends...

Complete 9/3 --> Under Review 9/6

How long is this supposed to take to get an answer? I have been done since the end of July, and I am still under review. For those who have had interview invites, how long did it take exactly?

How long is this supposed to take to get an answer? I have been done since the end of July, and I am still under review. For those who have had interview invites, how long did it take exactly?

12 days for me.

Last edited:
I too am "under review" (submitted everything on 9/4). Their status page is pretty confusing... I couldn't figure out whether I was complete or not, but at least now that my status jumped to "under review", I guess at least I know I was complete :laugh:

So.... how long is it taking you guys? Someone said 12 days? I guess I have a little over a week to go of obsessively checking the status.

I don't think you should use 12 days as the reference point. Considering that you were complete, i'm assuming, later than the person who heard back in 12 days... the lag time could be longer.

I've been under review almost a month. I'm OOS.

I just checked my status page and I got an interview. I never got an email, though.

Basically, check you status pages!

WOW, just like the UIC interviews. I got an email for my interview.

anyone interview at oct 14?

Just got an interview invite this morning! (I was complete on 9/20) Anyone else scheduled for 10/22?

congrats on the interview!

Anyone hear anything lately?

Been complete since mid August and still "Under Review" :(

At what point should I call to check status and make sure they remember I'm out here?

Status
Not open for further replies.