2008-2009 Temple Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm in the same boat as you richse... i'm considering sending them an update email cause i recently started a new volunteering position and have a couple other things that werent on my amcas or secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

Any idea when the interview day ends if you have an afternoon interview? My status has changed, but I don't really have any information beyond that about the interview day. Any idea how long it takes to get to the airport via public transit as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who are curious...
My status changed last Wednesday night to ~ 'invited for interview.' However, I still haven't received an email.

The admissions office also said they were about an hour from the airport via public transit, and a flight out after about 6:30 or 7:00 should be pretty stress free with time.

Hey congrats on the interview!! I really want one from temple too!

when were u complete?

Thanks, I'm excited! I have a good feeling about the school from what I've heard and read.

I was complete 8/19.

Say, anyone have the pdf of student hosts? It seems they disappear once you schedule your interview!

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the status page? I'm thinking positively and hoping that they're in the process of offering me an interview, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having trouble.

I had that happen to me a few days back. I think they may be updating.

When I hit submit... it won't do anything, it just stays at that login page. Is that what you are talking about? Anyway, my status is still under review..

I had that happen to me a few days back. I think they may be updating.

When I hit submit... it won't do anything, it just stays at that login page. Is that what you are talking about? Anyway, my status is still under review..

Yes, that's exactly what was happening. However, it's working this morning, and it's still under review. Best of luck Fuzzy!

Is anyone interviewing at Temple this coming Thursday, the 16th?? That's my interview date, can't wait!

anyone who interviewed already hear anything today?

has anyone been put on hold/rejected by temple yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who are curious...
My status changed last Wednesday night to ~ 'invited for interview.' However, I still haven't received an email.

The admissions office also said they were about an hour from the airport via public transit, and a flight out after about 6:30 or 7:00 should be pretty stress free with time.

Congrats on your interview! I am still waiting to hear from Temple...

The school is in fact approximately one hour away from the airport via public transit, however, just to let you know...Temple med school is in a relatively bad area...I'd even say dangerous, especially at night. So just be careful on the train, stay within med school limits, and you should be fine.

same, haha (I applied MD/PhD though, not sure that matters)

they said we would probably hear on the 15th. i tried calling and got a very vague answer. did you try calling?

has anybody heard back from temple yet? They told me I would probably hear from then in 2-3 weeks after my interview and they were supposed to start announcing acceptances on teh 15th, but i haven't seen any postings of acceptances yet.

I tried calling two different times. Same vague response.

they told me definitely by the end of this week...

I was there today and they were preparing your acceptance letters to be mailed =)

I just got off the phone with admissions--she told me the letters would go out Monday or Tuesday of next week--no word if email/status update is also coming. Looks like we're waiting another week :(

I just got off the phone with admissions--she told me the letters would go out Monday or Tuesday of next week--no word if email/status update is also coming. Looks like we're waiting another week :(

lame

Jeeez... I hate this waiting. Good job calling though.

Last year, people did get status updates online... who knows if they are doing that this year. If they are, I'm sure they won't do it until after the letters go out though...

For those waiting for news, when did you interview? I just interviewed but the ADCOM said they will be meeting to make a decision about me in 2 weeks. That seems really fast...

Right around Sept 15th. They told us they would tell us Oct 15th.

the monday and tuesday this coming week or the week after?

the most recent update is they'll mail out acceptances this Monday and Tuesday (10/27, 10/28). I interviewed on 9/16, and they said it normally takes 2 weeks for a decision, but they'd tell us on Oct 15th. the waiting truly sucks

For those waiting for news, when did you interview? I just interviewed but the ADCOM said they will be meeting to make a decision about me in 2 weeks. That seems really fast...

Hey! Interesting you were told that. I was there Thursday and during the introduction they explained how they meet on Fridays, but there were several Fridays throughout November that they can not meet due to Holidays and the white coat ceremony. Thus, it may be a long time before we hear back.

Hey! Interesting you were told that. I was there Thursday and during the introduction they explained how they meet on Fridays, but there were several Fridays throughout November that they can not meet due to Holidays and the white coat ceremony. Thus, it may be a long time before we hear back.
Yea i thought 2 weeks seemed really quick. It was said in passing so who knows. My interviewer said they would be meeting next friday. I also got the impression that they handle URM candidates separately from other applicants so maybe thats why he said that.

the most recent update is they'll mail out acceptances this Monday and Tuesday (10/27, 10/28). I interviewed on 9/16, and they said it normally takes 2 weeks for a decision, but they'd tell us on Oct 15th. the waiting truly sucks

I wonder if they will send out emails/status updates after they mail them, or if they will just wait for the snail mail to arrive.

So I have complete at Temple since September 4th, but I haven't heard anything regarding my application since then. I am out of state. I know it takes time, and that they give preference to in state students, but is it normal to have to wait 7 weeks (going on 8) to hear back from Temple about an interview?

So I have complete at Temple since September 4th, but I haven't heard anything regarding my application since then. I am out of state. I know it takes time, and that they give preference to in state students, but is it normal to have to wait 7 weeks (going on 8) to hear back from Temple about an interview?

I was complete for 2 months or a little more before I got my interview invite.

Does Temple send out an email saying you're complete?
In my application portal, the status just says Verified (for primaries)
and that's it.

However, I completed the secondary application sometime in early September..

Does anyone know to whom a LOI should be addressed?

I checked my status page on Friday 10/24 and it said I was accepted!!! I got my letter yesterday in the mail. For reference, I was interviewed on 9/16.

Hopefully other letters are going out as we speak...

Does Temple send out an email saying you're complete?
In my application portal, the status just says Verified (for primaries)
and that's it.

However, I completed the secondary application sometime in early September..

I did not receive an e-mail that I was complete... I just checked the status page and it changed from "verified" to "under review"

I checked my status page on Friday 10/24 and it said I was accepted!!! I got my letter yesterday in the mail. For reference, I was interviewed on 9/16.

Hopefully other letters are going out as we speak...

anyone else hear back from temple? worried now that no news is bad news for early interviewers

i haven't heard back either. it seems a lot of people haven't. i just think they are super slow.

I dare someone to call (shotty not me) :D

Just got an interview invite! Pretty excited to see the school as I've heard so many good things. Seems all the waiting has paid off at least a little bit (after seeing only the "Under Review" status since September last year)

Anyone who has interviewed at Temple heard about a decision yet? I think they said some decisions were being made late October.

Status
Not open for further replies.