2008-2013 DS Statistics at a Glance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Despite the hype by some on the most recent statistics, the relevant DS statistics from the 2015-2016 ADEA Official Guide to DS Schools for the class entering 2013 is about as exciting as watching a snails race. It is safe to say that admission statistics for dental schools are at a plateau.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2008-2013 DS Statistics At a Glance SDN mod 5-17-15.xls
    21 KB · Views: 462
Reactions: 1 users
How dare you. I am a professional snail racer and this is insulting! Regardless, big fan of your work doc! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I for one would like to know how someone with a 12 AA got into dental school. A 12, literally. Or the 10 TS. How do people pull off an admission with those stats?

may be puerto rico schools?

Reactions: 1 user
I for one would like to know how someone with a 12 AA got into dental school. A 12, literally. Or the 10 TS. How do people pull off an admission with those stats?
For a person with your standing, you are quick on your draw to bash someone with an AA of 12 who gained admission, especially since you clearly are not privy to all of the credentials presented by this applicant. For all we know, he/she was nominated for a Nobel Prize for his/her contribution to science/non science.

For a person with your standing, you are quick on your draw to bash someone with an AA of 12 who gained admission, especially since you clearly are not privy to all of the credentials presented by this applicant. For all we know, he/she was nominated for a Nobel Prize for his/her contribution to science/non science.
Lets not bash anyone.
I think Ive heard of that girl from an old classmate.

Having never been admitted to dental school, I'd say my standing is pretty much non-existent. But I'm not sure what other application strengths (even as absurdly outstanding as a Nobel prize) would do to offset something like a TS of 10, which reflects an academic inability to grasp even the basics of pre-dental coursework. How could such a person be expected to pass the more rigorous curriculum of dental school? There are plenty of ways strengths in other aspects of the application can make up for weaknesses in another, but something like what I pointed out isn't just a weakness, it's an outright demonstration of inability.
If its the person I'm thinking of .. I don't think she had many strengths. I think she just applied several times.

Reactions: 1 user
Having never been admitted to dental school, I'd say my standing is pretty much non-existent. But I'm not sure what other application strengths (even as absurdly outstanding as a Nobel prize) would do to offset something like a TS of 10, which reflects an academic inability to grasp even the basics of pre-dental coursework. How could such a person be expected to pass the more rigorous curriculum of dental school? There are plenty of ways strengths in other aspects of the application can make up for weaknesses in another, but something like what I pointed out isn't just a weakness, it's an outright demonstration of inability.
You are probably right. The Dean is clueless when it comes to deciding what he/she is looking for in an applicant.

Nah, you're right doc toothache. Admissions has never made a mistake in selecting an applicant - they are infallible. There is no way anyone admitted would wipe out academically, it's never happened before.
You are letting your exceptional DAT scores cloud your judgement.

You are probably right. The Dean is clueless when it comes to deciding what he/she is looking for in an applicant.
Nah, you're right doc toothache. Admissions has never made a mistake in selecting an applicant - they are infallible. There is no way anyone admitted would wipe out academically, it's never happened before.

So much sarcasm, doc and Feralis ;)

I'm more concerned about how my DAT got outed. :sorry: