2008 ADEA Guide to DS Admission is now available.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seriously? The cycle isn't even close to ending! Where did the stats for each school come from? :confused:

I think the deadlines have passed for all schools. Doesn't the guide only contain information about applicants, and not enrollees?

Members don't see this ad :)
those guides always have numbers for the preceeding year. The numbers for the entering class of 07 is out. Not 08.

I'm assuming it's the 2007 entering class.

I second that.

The entering class of 2007 info wasn’t finalized until this past fall when all schools had completely full classes and the schools started their sessions. This book has been released around 5 months later which seems about enough time to get all of the info consolidated and published in one book.

is this book really useful?
i don't know if this is really useful for canadian students.
the averages and in-state vs out of state ratios are on predents? worth getting the guide for $35 bucks?

There was a website that basically listed everything that ADEA's book does. But I can't remember the site. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about??

There was a website that basically listed everything that ADEA's book does. But I can't remember the site. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about??

www.predents.com ?

The book has a lot more useful information though. I recommended browsing through both. Most undergrad universities will have a copy on hand to reference.

Anybody can post the new DAT/GPA medians for Penn, Columbia and Harvard? Thanks

www.predents.com ?

The book has a lot more useful information though. I recommended browsing through both. Most undergrad universities will have a copy on hand to reference.

Hmm... no, that's not it. It was a site with official states on every school: #in-state/out-of-state, avg gpa, avg dat scores.

I shall try beating it out of Google.

hey - im trying to figure out how much i should take out in a private loan, i looked at the fee table for AADSAS so ive got that plus the $175 fee for the DAT, ill probably factor in some money for flying and hotels for interviews, do you have to pay a fee to send the DAT's?

is this book really useful?
i don't know if this is really useful for canadian students.
the averages and in-state vs out of state ratios are on predents? worth getting the guide for $35 bucks?

ABSOLUTELY, this book really is useful, even to Canadian students; I would almost call the book vital! I'm not sure how many dental schools are in Canada, but the book includes info on 11 Canadian schools. I am on my 3rd round of applying and only just got the book for this application cycle. I now know I should have "dished out" the CHEAP price of $35 for the book the first time I applied! I would have been clued in to a whole lot more. Yes, you may be able to find all the same info on the school's individual websites....but that takes a lot of time. Just buy the book and save yourself a lot of time and mistakes!

thanks for your opinion chevy! yah i think there's only 11 schools in canada. so they list all of them! haha.

It looks like this is for the class entering 2006. I wonder how much the stats would have changed in just a couple of years. It seems like the trend is for more competitive stats these past couple of years. I'm curious what this new guide has to say.