2008 August PCAT Countdown & Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Transformer

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Scores should be coming in the next 7 to 14 days.

I'm feeling super duper nervous about my August PCAT results. 🙁

If you took the 2008 August PCAT, please feel free to share your thoughts.

Also, If you just received your score, please post your results here.🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Took the August 08 PCAT and here are the results:

Verbal:
381 19
Biology: 422 81
Reading: 388 26
Quant: 418 71
Chem: 432 86
Composite: 408 60

Writing:
Conventions of Language 2.0
Problem Solving 2.0

Is this score worth an application(s)??
 
I am from SW Florida and got my scores today! What do you guys think? I have made a HUGE jump!! Previously in January of this year I got t 35 composite! So I am really happy I just don't know if it is good enough to get me into school.

Verbal: 81
Biology: 85
Reading Comprehension: 35 (AHHHHH)
Quantitative Ability: 80
Chemistry: 84

Composite 79

Convent. of Lang.: 3.0
Problem Solving: 3.0

WOW! You just gave me HOPE! Thank you so much for your post. I got a 43 composite in August and I HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO get at least a 75 on saturday. I have a fighting chance. I've been studying like crazy but what did you do exactly to get a jump that big?!
 
Out of curiosity, has anybody seen or heard of someone getting a 99 in every category...or a 5 in either one of the writing categories?

From scanning the forum it seems like people do get 99's if not in all categories at least 3 or more... however I'm not sure i've seen a 5 in the writing section.
 
From scanning the forum it seems like people do get 99's if not in all categories at least 3 or more... however I'm not sure i've seen a 5 in the writing section.

I have yet to hear anyone score a 5 on either problem solving or convention of language.

The highest is probably 4.5 or 4

Nonetheless, If you got 3s, you're good for the writing part

🙂