2008 interview invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roadwarrior

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thought this might be a good idea to post your opinions and give others the heads up...

i guess ill go first:

NYCPM: my first interview and the most taxing. i was really grilled about some of my classes and my undergrad experience. plus it seemed the person who interviewed me wasn't paying attention to me at all. the housing person was alot nicer. the interview process consisted of a two hour wait to get interviewed, a presentation on nycpm , a free lunch (food wasn't good..they have one cafeteria which is kinda depressing) with students that weren't very receptive to questions...but they gave me feedback right away.

Barry: the nicest interview so far. the interview questions were a lot kinder, the students alot happier, the campus alot nicer. plus the food was better. maybe it was the sunshine but it was a more pleasant experience than the previous one.

i'll let you know how temple , azpod, and ohio go..still waiting on scholl...

Members don't see this ad.

There is actually a link to go and rate your interview experience.

I am going to Barry in December. How long was actual interview time? What kind of questions did they ask you? Did they tell you if you get accepted on same day or you would hear from them later?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey brah,

Look under the interview feeback under Barry University. There's like 25 students who wrote comments on their interview experience.

It was probably the easiest interview out of the 7 I've been on. It's one on one with the dean of the graduate medical sciences (a lawyer). Probably took 15 minutes total (maybe even less). I don't think anyone was accepted same-day but I heard Barry did it in the past. I found out by e-mail a week later bout the acceptance. Hope this helps.

I was told same day that I was accepted, I interviewed back in October sometime can't really remember. You will probably be interviewed by Marc Weiner who is the director of admissions. He was a way cool guy who had nothing but good to say about all schools that is what really impressed me he didn't want to dis-respect any program even though some were disrespecting Barry.

Hey brah,

Look under the interview feeback under Barry University. There's like 25 students who wrote comments on their interview experience.

It was probably the easiest interview out of the 7 I've been on. It's one on one with the dean of the graduate medical sciences (a lawyer). Probably took 15 minutes total (maybe even less). I don't think anyone was accepted same-day but I heard Barry did it in the past. I found out by e-mail a week later bout the acceptance. Hope this helps.

Thanks. This helps me a lot.

I was told same day that I was accepted, I interviewed back in October sometime can't really remember. You will probably be interviewed by Marc Weiner who is the director of admissions. He was a way cool guy who had nothing but good to say about all schools that is what really impressed me he didn't want to dis-respect any program even though some were disrespecting Barry.

Yeah, I noticed this about him too:) and he never tried to really sell Barry to me he just answered everything very honestly. I was also accepted on the spot.

I was accepted on the spot to Barry with scholarship. The problem was, I didn't get to interact with ANY students! I really wanted to get student perspective but could not!

I also interviewed at NY, and I was not impressed. The admin. who interviewed me said some very strange things. The students I was set up with during the tour seemed a little forced and coached.

Temple's interview was the most laid back for me. Every student I talked to gave me honest answers to my questions. I felt the most comfortable there.

I was never grilled at any of the interviews, unlike a few years ago when I applied to 1 D.O. school. Much better process for Pods! :D