2009-2010 Admissions Cycle Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hurricaneuro

SUNY c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here we go! I'm waiting for the OptomCAS website to be updated so I can start filling out that bad boy! What are your stats, where do you want to apply, what is your number one school, why optometry? What are you worried about? Good luck to everyone! :)

Undergraduate School: University of Miami, c/o 2010
Major: Neuroscience
Minors: English, Chemistry

sGPA: 3.6
cGPA: 3.76
TS: 400
AA: 380

Shadowing: I shadowed a pediatric optometrist for a few months and got certified for visual acuity testing. Also visited a doctor who worked in an optometric clinic, a family practice doctor at home, and an optometrist who worked for ForEyes. I feel like I have seen many different sides of optometry.

I'm applying to SUNY, OSU, Salus, Nova, Houston, Berkeley, and UAB. I originally did not want to apply to that many but I am interested in all of them, so I am going to see what happens and make up my mind a little later on. I am leaning towards SUNY because it is the closest to home...and its in NYC, so!

I have been worried about applying for a while but like all my friends say, there is no "perfect applicant" so you should just be confident in your strengths and show how much you want it. I have wanted to do this since I was young (like a few others I'm sure), and I just want to know more about how the eyes work, so why not help people and learn at the same time?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying to 5 Schools...

Southern in Memphis
Salus
Indiana
Illinois
Nova