2009-2010 application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lola12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if i write the mcat this august....the scores release in sept......will i be considered "late" by schools even if i submit all other application items?

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools really won't thoroughly look at your app until they have your MCAT score, so yeah, being complete in September would mean you're starting to get towards the late side. But it would be much better to wait to take the MCAT and do well than to rush to take it in April or May and do poorly.

This is basically what I did this past cycle (August MCAT, late score release) and even though I had everything else in early, I would really advise trying to take it as early as you can while still feeling prepared. I think I was held up at a lot of schools because of my later score release, and it SUCKS to sit around waiting to hear back from schools. It will hurt more than it will help.

if i write the mcat this august....the scores release in sept......will i be considered "late" by schools even if i submit all other application items?

You will be in the main flood of applicants, so unless you have a super stellar application, then you risk getting lost in the process.