2009-2010 Internship Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Eeeep! :D I alternate between excited and terrified. So far I'm staying on the exciting side. I can't believe it's almost over!

Good luck!!!

Getting nervous... cannot concentrate and looking forward (I think) to getting this over with.

Anyone know how we'll be contacted next Friday? By email from NMS or APPIC? How early in the day?

Sorry if this info was in the last email that came around on the listserve -- I can't seem to find it in my email inbox.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll get an email. The subject line will have your match # in it with APPIC Match Result.

Last year the email came around 6:30 a.m. central time, though I think this was much earlier than we were told by my school. It was the hardest email I opened all year :) If you match, the email on Monday also came at 6:30.

Edited to add:

Wow, I still have the thing in my inbox.

"This message provides you with your Match result for the APPIC
Internship Matching Program for internship positions beginning
in 2008.

Congratulations! You have been matched to an internship position.

Information on the specific program to which you have been matched
will be available on the Matching Program web site beginning at
10:00 a.m. EST on Monday, February 25, 2008. This information will
also be sent to you by e-mail on Monday morning, February 25, 2008."

Thanks Cosmo! Here's hoping for good news.:xf:

i just discovered this website...wish i had known about it earlier in the application process!

it is so hard to wait in this uncertainty. i am both eager and scared for match day. more scared, really, but eager just to know something!

it was reassuring (a bit) to read others' experiences of interviews and feeling unsure how they were evaluated by sites. i had many phone interviews and found these particularly excruciating because of not being able to read reactions much at all.

i switch between trying to anticipate the outcome through rehashing what i can remember of interviews (which is kind of muddled now) and trying not to think about any of it. even when i succeed in not thinking about it overtly, the undercurrent of anxiety is still present.

i am really trying to take the perspective that i will end up where i belong for the next year, even if this means not being matched.

anybody have any good suggestions for distraction right now? that seems to be the name of the game for the next four days.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone else in this situation... hope you're managing to distract yourselves!!

Only 3 days to go!!!

It really is stressful considering the Clearing House alternative. It is an odd experience to be as successful as we are (as applicants), but still have a sense of doubt about receiving a placement...considering the amount of time/effort we have put in over the years. I ranked 10 spots (8 sites), and based on the numbers I should match, but until I get that e-mail.....yikes!

I am already planning my celebratory (conciliatory) activities. Friday, the partner and I are heading out to watch a stage in the Amgen tour of California (cycling). I am thinking there will be copious consumption of cake and or ice cream as well, either way!

What are you all planning to do Friday?

Oh, and does anyone have a firm sense of when we'll be notified? I read all the e-mails that said 10am EST, but I've heard from past students that it was much earlier. I'm PST, so I'm expecting to hear by 7am at the latest - but I don't think that will stop be from checking repeatedly at the crack of dawn...

Oh, and does anyone have a firm sense of when we'll be notified? I read all the e-mails that said 10am EST, but I've heard from past students that it was much earlier. I'm PST, so I'm expecting to hear by 7am at the latest - but I don't think that will stop be from checking repeatedly at the crack of dawn...

email last year came at 6:30 am central time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am already planning my celebratory (conciliatory) activities. Friday, the partner and I are heading out to watch a stage in the Amgen tour of California (cycling). I am thinking there will be copious consumption of cake and or ice cream as well, either way!

What are you all planning to do Friday?

I am leaving a state prevention meeting in St. Petersburg, FL around noon, going to the chiropractor, and then going to see Citizen Cope at the House of Blues...it will be a very busy Friday... :) Hoping for the best for us All!

good luck to all!! I look forward to seeing some excited postings tomorrow. :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

I planned a celebratory/conciliatory get-together at my house for tomorrow night - with some very unique reservations. "ahem, dear friend, check your email for a possible change of plans prior to heading over.." Hah.

Either way it's one step to the end of a lot of ambiguity! I believe there will be many of us awake a LOT earlier than usual tomorrow.

Good luck everyone, and thanks for your comments, suggestions, and support the last few months. :luck:

Anyone else awake yet? I am working 3rd shift tonight so I am already checking email even though I know its way to early.

Did anybody hear yet? errr! the waiting is killing me.

One last good luck to everyone!

I'm awake, thinking about going back to bed if we don't hear soon. What if they really don't release the results until 10am EST?

I'm awake, thinking about going back to bed if we don't hear soon. What if they really don't release the results until 10am EST?
I know, I am wondering the same thing. I don't think I can go back to bed though :(

Yeah, I slept terribly last night. I might as well make a pot of coffee and come to terms with the fact that I'm not going back to bed.

Yea, I was hoping to be really productive today once we get the email but I don't know what I was thinking. I am too tired.....

I slept decently well last night, though that was after going out with some friends (non-psych people) and not talking about......this. I woke up at 7am EST to check. Since I know I'm not going back to sleep, I took the dog out, read a friend's blog.....and now checked here. I'm on about 5 hours of sleep, and this is my day off....but it wasn't like I could sleep until 10am.

Dittto for me here at the AGPA convention in Chicago. Nothing so far. :(

why do I have a sinking feeling they're waiting til 10amEST?

Oh my god. It figures that I just NOW found this forum.

I am another one waiting!!

I just Matched!!

Good luck to you all! I'm sorry I missed out on this whole thread all along!

I matched too! Yay! Right now, I don't even care where it is (although I suspect I'll be eagerly awaiting Monday anyway).

What a relief!:cool:

I am so glad to hear all the good news. Congrats! We have made it. It really will be a long weekend!!!

I matched too. :D But I can't help but wonder where!!!
I think I'll reward myself by going back to bed.
Congrats everyone!!!! It's so great to hear your good news.
:highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

Mmm, I'm making devilled eggs for breakfast...at 5:45am...no sleep for me! :laugh::D

I had a bunch of people all waiting to hear if I matched (friends, family, etc), so I sent a text saying I did, and also included that I don't know where until Monday. Let's see if that cuts down on the confusion.....