2009-2010 Tulane Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet. I looked at last year's thread and it seems like movement started on May 22nd or so, but nobody on SDN heard until sometime in June. I sent Dr. Beckman an email a couple of days ago and she told me to remain hopeful and patient.

Gahhhhhh!! I'm seriously freaking out at this point!!

Not yet. I looked at last year's thread and it seems like movement started on May 22nd or so, but nobody on SDN heard until sometime in June. I sent Dr. Beckman an email a couple of days ago and she told me to remain hopeful and patient.

Gahhhhhh!! I'm seriously freaking out at this point!!

So, is this "hopeful and patient" phrase just a generic response admissions provides when someone inquires about status, or is it a hint that your particular application merits hopefulness? I just wonder how hopeful to actually be in this circumstance.

Members don't see this ad :)
In case my GF decides to move to NOLA during the next four years, what kind of jobs are in the city for recent grads?

Also, has anyone actually seen the medical library? I didn't bother to ask where most students study when I visited.

I remember being taken to the library on my tour. We only went into the entrance, but it looked like pretty much any other med library I've seen. It did look better than DML, but that's not hard to do.

There are also a bunch of rooms with smartboards in them that you have access to to study in, if I remember correctly. And a couple lounges.

anyone hear from tulane recently?

i emailed dr beckham the week before may 17, and she said i had a good chance of getting off the WL, but that she wouldn't know for certain until may 17...i have not heard from her yet. it's really difficult to be patient...but i'm trying to just wait instead of emailing her and bugging her.

sooo today I got the acceptance letter from tulane!!! it was dated may 25, which would explain why i got one of those background check emails from amcas on may 26...the thing that confuses it that i didn't get a call from dr. beckman or an email, and i triple checked my spam folder to make sure i didn't miss it. did this happen to anyone?

yay ourse! high five! I actually checked my spam mail earlier this morning and found the acceptance letter. Super surprised, since i never check spam mail. And the hard copy was sent to my address in washington (i'm in cali), so i wouldn't get that anytime soon.

Anyhow, congrats! :)

sooo today I got the acceptance letter from tulane!!! it was dated may 25, which would explain why i got one of those background check emails from amcas on may 26...the thing that confuses it that i didn't get a call from dr. beckman or an email, and i triple checked my spam folder to make sure i didn't miss it. did this happen to anyone?

yay ourse! high five! I actually checked my spam mail earlier this morning and found the acceptance letter. Super surprised, since i never check spam mail. And the hard copy was sent to my address in washington (i'm in cali), so i wouldn't get that anytime soon.

Anyhow, congrats! :)

congrats to you too!!! so you didn't get a call from dr. beckman either?

Nope. don't think so. but i'm not home all day, and my landline doesn't record missed calls. I was also wondering about that out of the blue amcas background check. Good thing we both figured this out in the end! hah! it would've been a disaster.

congrats to you too!!! so you didn't get a call from dr. beckman either?

In case my GF decides to move to NOLA during the next four years, what kind of jobs are in the city for recent grads?

Also, has anyone actually seen the medical library? I didn't bother to ask where most students study when I visited.

What is her degree? My fiance is looking for a job too but he's in biotech so I know jobs are slimmer in that area. Have you checked the Tulane website? The jobs that are available with the university are usually posted there. Of course there's always the ubiquitous Craigslist. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
She has an English degree, but she's been working in insurance/business the past couple years. Good luck to your fiance with the job search, and with the wedding!

For all you waitlisters: I'll be withdrawing from Tulane in the next few days. It was an extremely tough choice, since this was my first and only acceptance for a long time and I have some weird loyalty now to Tulane/Dr. Beckman. After 7 months of planning for NOLA, though, it dawned on me that it might not actually be the best fit for me.

koko--I've been reading your posts in the various threads you have started........I got the feeling with all your questions about "X-school vs Tulane", you were constantly trying to talk yourself out of Tulane, and since match lists seem to be important for you, I hope you have been able to choose the school that will give you the confidence you can match to what you want. In deciding Tulane is not for you, I want to wish you the best of luck. I hope you and your significant other find all you are looking for.

She has an English degree, but she's been working in insurance/business the past couple years. Good luck to your fiance with the job search, and with the wedding!

For all you waitlisters: I'll be withdrawing from Tulane in the next few days. It was an extremely tough choice, since this was my first and only acceptance for a long time and I have some weird loyalty now to Tulane/Dr. Beckman. After 7 months of planning for NOLA, though, it dawned on me that it might not actually be the best fit for me.

Thanks Koko! Best of luck where ever you end up!

Did anyone who withdrew receive the congrats class of 2014 email??? I withdrew may 12th/didn't even pay the deposit and I got this. Now I'm worried that the school I am attnding will drop me bc I might be holding on to two acceptances even though I withdrew???

Did anyone who withdrew receive the congrats class of 2014 email??? I withdrew may 12th/didn't even pay the deposit and I got this. Now I'm worried that the school I am attnding will drop me bc I might be holding on to two acceptances even though I withdrew???

You should be fine. Tulane messed up not you. I would call both schools tomorrow just to double check that where you're going knows you're going there for sure and that Tulane knows you are not attending.

I did. And I know I'm only holding one acceptance at the time. They must have not fixed their email list.

Thanks KTD and ksmi, that makes me feel a bit better. I'll just call em to make sure of everything tomorrow.

I just got accepted off the waitlist! This is my first MD acceptance so I'm really happy, and can't wait to meet all of you!

NO FREAKING WAY! Just got in off the waitlist!! Tulane was my only interview -- only acceptance!

OMG, I'm so excited (sorry for the overuse of exclamation points, everyone)!

Weird though -- never got the background check email. Maybe that's coming soon?

See you guys there!

NO FREAKING WAY! Just got in off the waitlist!! Tulane was my only interview -- only acceptance!

OMG, I'm so excited (sorry for the overuse of exclamation points, everyone)!

Weird though -- never got the background check email. Maybe that's coming soon?

See you guys there!

Congratulations! Wow that's crazy late - join the facebook group there's lots of good housing info on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.