2009 ADA DAT - "RC"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental24/7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I just took the 2009 RC section, just for fun. I know some people have said that this RC is unusually different, harder and more complex detailed - and I agree with that - or I was just really tired taking this RC exam at 12 am. Any input? Are the DAT passages this complex as the 2009 DAT? Compared to what people say, it being close to CTD-RC and QVault ... I got a bit nervous. Every passage here is extra complex with details... Just want to know everyone elses opinion. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

The 2009 RC was a bit more challenging than the actual DAT in my opinion. I feel like the 2009 RC asked for lots of very specific details, but that's something that you'll have to get used to. My RC score on the actual DAT was 2 points higher than when I last took the 2009 practice exam a week before my test day.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there! For me one of my passages my annoying/boring and hard (which is why I lost interest), but the other two were pretty easy to read and not bad at all.

Hey there! For me one of my passages my annoying/boring and hard (which is why I lost interest), but the other two were pretty easy to read and not bad at all.
Was it the one about epidemiology? I almost fell asleep reading that, but it was actually my best passage. I actually did worst on the lightning (?) passage, but then again physics was my worst subject in undergrad LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
Was it the one about epidemiology? I almost fell asleep reading that, but it was actually my best passage. I actually did worst on the lightning (?) passage, but then again physics was my worst subject in undergrad LOL
Thanks! Yes, the lightning one ...I wanted to scream reading that. Did you take the actual DAT yet? What were your passages there?

Do you remember you passages on the DAT? What subjects are we to expect? Anything and everything?

Thanks! Yes, the lightning one ...I wanted to scream reading that. Did you take the actual DAT yet? What were your passages there?
I took it late last year. I don't remember them in too much detail but I remember getting a physical anthro one and an immunology one. I thought I bombed the immunology passage since I've never taken immunology, but I got a 23 on RC (maybe missed 5 or 6 questions at most) so I pretty happy about that.

Edit: also want to add that the passages are ALL science-based one way or another. My good friend got an astronomy one and freaked out but he did very well on the RC also.

I got 19 on ADA 2009 (got 36/50) and I was freaking out a bit.
I think a part of the reason is due to the fact that I have scanned PDF and some part of the passages (and questions) are difficult to read but I'm glad that version was tougher than usual. I'd be so happy to get 21 on actual DAT.