2009 MSW/MA/MS Programs Applied/Accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And Jack! Your post got all lost in the shuffle of posts! Many congrats! Planning to go?

Oh no problem, i was just messing around. Sometimes I can't help myself :D

And I am absolutely going. I am dropping off my $200 deposit tomorrow afternoon, actually. It is all very exciting. Can not wait :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Oh no problem, i was just messing around. Sometimes I can't help myself :D

And I am absolutely going. I am dropping off my $200 deposit tomorrow afternoon, actually. It is all very exciting. Can not wait :soexcited:

Good for you! Big step, hurrah!:thumbup:

Rutgers- accepted 2/21

Temple- accepted 2/19

UPenn- pending...interview on Monday... :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'm a current Wake Forest M.A. student. As far as I know, no admissions decisions have been made as of yet. I am not really in the loop on this process, but I thought I should at least update with something to ease your anxiety. Also, I initially was wait-listed, and I found out that decision two years ago via snail mail in mid-March. So don't start worrying just yet. :cool:

Good luck! :luck:

Thanks, blindblonde, that definitely helps to hear. It's way to easy to get anxious. :)

I got accepted into the MA in Mental Health Counseling via Post. Yay!

Was contacted via email today by the DCT requesting a phone interview!

I've applied to both masters and doctoral programs.

Western Washington University (MS)- interview invite received on 2/24, email
Portland State University (MA)- interview invite received on 2/28, postal
WSU (MA)- waiting to hear
Lewis and Clark (MA)- waiting to hear

i got a phone call today asking me to interview (this friday) for the MS MFT program at Northwestern University Family Institute. I'm so excited because I got rejected from all of the PhD programs I applied to :)(), and this is my top choice Masters program!!

They didn't really give me any details about the interview though, which sucks. It's 3 hours long and some of it I think will be group, and some of it will be individual. Since this is my first graduate school interview, I have NO IDEA what to expect. Can anyone give me a sense of what their interviews were like, what to expect? Good questions to think of asking? What they asked you? Has anyone else applied to this specific program?

Thanks!! :luck::):luck::):luck:

I just received my acceptance letter for the Clinical SW program at Simmons here in mass!

I'm waiting to hear back from BU and BC...I'm thinking BU is my first choice, Simmons my 2nd, and BC my third. But it also depends on how much money they are willing to give me.

Yay saribou and Arbitrary!

Last edited:
accepted to wash u in st louis! with funding.

also accepted to Loyola Chicago with funding!

Members don't see this ad :)
This afternoon, I received an email, then a phone call from the director of the Wake Forest MA program with a verbal admission (letter from grad school to come within the next week or two). Tuition waiver plus TAship. Super happy.

It sounded like the adcom had just finished reviewing applications, so I wanted to let other WF applicants know that things are now starting to move.

Good luck to everyone!

accepted + money for NYU's msw program!

accepted + money for NYU's msw program!

Congrats! You're the second person (unless you're on livejournal...) I've heard of who's gotten into NYU w/ funding! Good for you!

I just got accepted to Pepperdine University's M.A. in Clinical Psychology program!!!!!

Checked their website and it said I was "Admitted", I couldn't believe it so I had to call them to make sure!!! I still can't believe it!! lol :D:D:D

Hunter College SSW
Date Submitted: 1/30/2009

Applied to Loyola Maryland Masters in Clinical psychology program- was notified on 3/5 of acceptance via email and 3/9 via letter.

I've been accepted into Wake Forest's M.A. for Psych program. Just heard yesterday. I'll probably attend.

I was accepted to NYU yesterday by email, at 9K a year!

CONGRADS Everyone! I have not made it yet to the interviewing, applying stage (still an undergrad) but super excited to see so many accepted. Great Job!!

Eastern Michigan University (Clinical-Behavioral M.S.)
Applied: 1/15
Status: Application was sent to department. They are hoping to have decisions made by the end of April but it could take until July or August.

Anyone else apply to any of the EMU masters programs? Anyone apply to any of the other schools I applied to? :D

Accepted: The Chicago School of Professional Psy. Got a call today, probably will accept.

I was invited to interview at UMass Boston for the MFT program.

Sent in my letter of intent & deposit to Pepperdine University's M.A. in Clinical Psychology program today!

anyone else going there?

Sent in my letter of intent & deposit to Pepperdine University's M.A. in Clinical Psychology program today!

anyone else going there?

I'm not going there but I wanted to congratulate you on your acceptance and decision to attend!

Kingkou--I might be going to Pepperdine too. Which campus are you attending?

I got my acceptance letter from USC on 3/3 and I am still waiting to hear from UCLA before I make a decision.

Maybe I will see you at Pepperdine!

I'm not going there but I wanted to congratulate you on your acceptance and decision to attend!

Thanks!!! :thumbup:

Kingkou--I might be going to Pepperdine too. Which campus are you attending?

I got my acceptance letter from USC on 3/3 and I am still waiting to hear from UCLA before I make a decision.

Maybe I will see you at Pepperdine!

I'm going to the West L.A. campus. I live in West L.A. so it was much more convenient than driving out to Malibu (in that PCH traffic) every day!
Good luck!

Accepted today for University of Denver MAFP and NOVA Southeastern university PsyD!!! Finally an Answer!

I applied to MSW programs

Columbia: Accepted, applied Jan 13th and heard back Feb 19th
NYU: Accepted, applied Feb. 6th heard back Feb 25th
Rutgers: Accepted, applied Feb 10th heard back Feb 27th

I've applied to Clinical PhD programs...had an interview at Northern Illinois University and was placed on the alternate list...But I moved to plan B and I have applied to a few general and clinical M.A. programs...Just found out I was accepted to Ball State University Clinical M.A. program, but waitlisted for funding....Hopefully I will get into NIU but it's good to know I am going somewhere this fall:luck:

Wishing everyone lots of luck.....when do you find out about funding? Is that discussed before or after your acceptance?

Yikes, that's really disconcerting. Good luck. I hate trying to work out funding in this economy, it SUCKS.

So I thought I would share a story in order to bump the thread :)

I've applied to a total of 9 programs and as of yet haven't heard a peep from any of them except to get a phone interview from one of the masters programs. This program is in my top two and I would LOVE to go there. I had my interview at the beginning of March and it went really well - I actually still have an email dialogue going between myself and my POI.

I'm feeling as confident as I honestly can at this point but starting to get a little worried as I hadn't heard anything.....until Monday when the departmental secretary calls me and asks to verify my email address. According to her the program director had been trying to send me an email but it kept coming back to him as an invalid address. I gave her the correct address and waited for the email. I was SOO excited! I was thinking that for them to go out of their way to call and get my email address that this had to be good news!

Turns out that it is an email from the program director asking my who my POI is?! Not only was this information on my application and in my personal statement but he was the one who emailed me to set up my interview!!. Talk about being frustrated! I politely emailed back and let him know who it was and asked if there was anything else I needed to do. He replied quickly and let me know that nope, everything else was ok.

So here I am, right back where I was before all this excitement.

Here's to hoping we all hear sooner rather than later! :xf:

LCakes, sorry to hear about W&M and Wake. It's super-tough competition, esp for people with clinical interests. I hope that the funding comes through for you at one of your other programs!

waytogreen - Argh! let's hope next time you hear from that program it will be with the good news you're waiting for.

I had emailed the department 2 weeks ago to find out my status, and they said that they would be making decisions within the next 2 weeks. So today of course I was in suspense, and couldn't control myself from emailing her again. She wrote back and said that they had made decisions and I had been accepted!!!! :eek: I literally almost passed out at my computer!! This is my first acceptance (after a long line of rejections from PhD programs) so I am VERY excited to know that I will be going somewhere this fall! :D I'm still waiting to hear back from a few other programs, so not definite that I'm going there, but I wanted to share my good news with everyone here. This community has been so awesome and supportive throughout this arduous process. Good luck, everyone :luck:

Good luck too all!

Last edited:
I had emailed the department 2 weeks ago to find out my status, and they said that they would be making decisions within the next 2 weeks. So today of course I was in suspense, and couldn't control myself from emailing her again. She wrote back and said that they had made decisions and I had been accepted!!!! :eek: I literally almost passed out at my computer!! This is my first acceptance (after a long line of rejections from PhD programs) so I am VERY excited to know that I will be going somewhere this fall! :D I'm still waiting to hear back from a few other programs, so not definite that I'm going there, but I wanted to share my good news with everyone here. This community has been so awesome and supportive throughout this arduous process. Good luck, everyone :luck:

Congrats!