2009 MSW/MA/MS Programs Applied/Accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
accepted to CSULA
waiting for CSULB

Has anyone heard from CSULB--MSW? :confused: and can anyone give me any feedback about CSULA's MSW program? :)

Thanks...

CSULB--MSW takes usually appr. 12 weeks to get back to you. You should hear something around Mid-July.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm heading to Hunter in the fall unless one of the other schools comes through with some miracle scholarship, I was accepted around march 15, with an interview a week before that.

Can you share what your interview was like?

Anyone heard from UIC? I turned in my application 2 months ago and still haven't received a reply. I called them the other day and they said my application was still in review. I know they said it takes 6-9 weeks to make a decision, and its still in that window, but it seems to be taking a loooong time (or maybe it just feels long). Is this a bad sign or should I just keep waiting?

Members don't see this ad :)
William and Mary MA, waitlisted ----> rejected
Wake Forest MA, rejected
Ball State Uni dual MA in social psych, MHC, waitlisted, transcript request following current semester
SF State, Social Psych MA, rejected
Cal St Fullerton, pulled app from consideration
TC Columbia Personality and Psychopathology, accepted
UNC Greensboro MA, waiting for response

has anyone applied or heard anything from UNCG MA? I left a message asking about initial offers and haven't got a call back quite yet.

Congrats to all those accepted!

University of North Dakota - M.A. Forensic Psychology - Accepted 4/30/09 :):):):):)

Last edited:
I know it's real late in the game, but I just found out today that I was accepted to Western Kentucky's M.A. clinical psychology program.

William and Mary MA, waitlisted ----> rejected
Wake Forest MA, rejected
Ball State Uni dual MA in social psych, MHC, waitlisted, transcript request following current semester
SF State, Social Psych MA, rejected
Cal St Fullerton, pulled app from consideration
TC Columbia Personality and Psychopathology, accepted
UNC Greensboro MA, waiting for response

has anyone applied or heard anything from UNCG MA? I left a message asking about initial offers and haven't got a call back quite yet.

Congrats to all those accepted!

I also haven't heard from UNCG... let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same!

I applied to the MSW programs at: Columbia, Simmons, SUNY Albany, University of Vermont, and University of New England. I was accepted to all of them.
As of right now I've given a deposit/am holding a spot at SUNY Albany, UVM, and UNE, and I turned down Columbia and Simmons.

My partner is *hopefully* starting med school in the fall, so we're waiting to hear if he gets off any waitlists. Not ideal at all, especially since I've already had to start registering for classes and applying for field placements at THREE schools. Ugh.

I applied to the MSW programs at: Columbia, Simmons, SUNY Albany, University of Vermont, and University of New England. I was accepted to all of them.
As of right now I've given a deposit/am holding a spot at SUNY Albany, UVM, and UNE, and I turned down Columbia and Simmons.

My partner is *hopefully* starting med school in the fall, so we're waiting to hear if he gets off any waitlists. Not ideal at all, especially since I've already had to start registering for classes and applying for field placements at THREE schools. Ugh.

::cracks up:: I did the same thing- I wound up depositing at two schools (then life got crazy and I had to settle on the one). It's a pain, isn't it? Plus looking for housing, et c. gets a little intense.

::cracks up:: I did the same thing- I wound up depositing at two schools (then life got crazy and I had to settle on the one). It's a pain, isn't it? Plus looking for housing, et c. gets a little intense.

I couldn't believe how quickly the schools required a response! I was pretty annoyed at the entire process. UNE was actually the most supportive, although they eventually did make me give them the deposit to hold my seat. At least SUNY Albany doesn't require a deposit...

I do feel worse for my partner though...the med. school application process is insanity. I'm really hoping we find out something from Albany in the next week.

I couldn't believe how quickly the schools required a response! I was pretty annoyed at the entire process. UNE was actually the most supportive, although they eventually did make me give them the deposit to hold my seat. At least SUNY Albany doesn't require a deposit...

I do feel worse for my partner though...the med. school application process is insanity. I'm really hoping we find out something from Albany in the next week.

I wish you the best of luck! I'm a fan of UNE, but that's because I'm from Maine, hehe. I hope you both find somewhere you like!

Sorry, cannot help you out with CSULB. I also applied to CSULA and am
waiting to hear back...when did you apply?

I applied to CSULA end of February...got accepted at the end of march or begginning april. I also called CSULB to inquire about application status, but they mentioned to me that i have to wait anywhere from 8-15 weeks from the date they received application. So i guess I have to continue to wait and see. :scared: Don't know what's taking them sooo long.

I applied to Hunter, and have called the director numerous times about whether I have been accepted or not. He kept telling me he doesnt have an answer... should i take this as i didn't get in? It seems like most people have heard from them by now...

I FINALLY got a letter from CSULB---accepted to MSW program..:D:soexcited:

CONGRATS:::

Did you have to interview as part of the admissions process in order to get accepted?

I was expecting a call from CSULA and CSULB for an interview... but they never called me. I received notification by mail of acceptance and email notification that they received my application... but that's about it. I am glad its all over.. because it felt like it was taking forever. :D I also received an email today stating to meet the faculty--but the event is for tomorrow!! I am not sure what is going on... but this process is extremely weird. Last minute notifications... thank goodnes I have email...:)

I was expecting a call from CSULA and CSULB for an interview... but they never called me. I received notification by mail of acceptance and email notification that they received my application... but that's about it. I am glad its all over.. because it felt like it was taking forever. :D I also received an email today stating to meet the faculty--but the event is for tomorrow!! I am not sure what is going on... but this process is extremely weird. Last minute notifications... thank goodnes I have email...:)

just wondering.. but when did you apply to csulb?

Got accepted to the University of the Pacific with a full stipend and 90% tuition remission. I am super excited to move to CA even though stockton turns out to be one of the most crime ridden cities in the US.

I applied incredibly late but as of June 30th, I received acceptance to Roosevelt University's Clinical Professional Psychology program!

I was uncertain about going to school in the fall but decided to apply to Roosevelt and I got very good news!